Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Well, perfect timing. My last group got butchered an hour ago.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Changed chance for named item loot in locations to be slightly higher. Requires a new campaign to take effect.
156d1mc.jpg

Missing part -
fyobvl.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
My company still running in 90-150 armors and helmets and with tier 2 weapons(and a few tier 3)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Huh...-22 fatigue helm. :lol:
And my first unique after clearing a necro lair.
BattleBrothers%202017-02-28%2023-17-20-29.jpg

Andnjord

Arcane
Still waiting for you to fix those damn gheists :rpgcodex:

Last encounter: 3 geists, 5% hit chance with the bow, 3 shots, no more geists.
Could you spare some of your bros to teach mine how not to miss one 4 times in a row with 45% chance (nevermind, they're all dead now :negative:)

But really, my gripe is the all or nothing nature of their scream, just one missed dice roll and bye bye brother, enjoy your attacks of opportunity in the back.

AMG

Arbiter
The ambition for extra inventory slots is way overpriced. 25 slots for 6k? It should be one grand imo, it's mostly convenience, it shouldn't be gated behind a price of endgame armor.
Also the 2 part contract for killing undead is out of whack. 1 skull contract priced for 500 crowns for killing some wiedergangers, nice. And then they ask you to fight necromancer, fallen hero and 13 armored wiedergangers for 500 more. Uhm... no thanks, the second part should be priced individually or this twist shouldn't show up on contracts below 1k.

mixer

Learned
I would always rather play Ironman, even for new players i'd recommend Ironman + Normal.

Doma

Augur
48AA96FAABAB6F9A841530BF5B3590340E50CDCA

New game after the patch today. Day 12, Rumor about a bandit camp at a tavern. Travel to Camp. Kill bandits. First unique I have gotten so far. Has the dropchance been boosted a ton? Its the first camp I have discovered on my own in the wild and cleared. First camp, named weapon.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
The problem with Ironman in a game like this, and I am playing Iron man, is that some of the missions are "surprise" missions and can easily wipe you out. For example, the mission might lead you to believe you are fighting bandits, so you gear up for bandits, and lo and behold, it's something completely different and if you don't recognize immediately what is about to happen... you die.

I mean I guess that's the point, but I've had all of my very promising games lost due to surprises.

A lucky crit or something taking out a valued Bro is bad enough - but rolling up with some spears, expecting direwolfs or bandits, and then encountering ancient auxiliaries will hurt REAL bad.

ps. you might think shield wall will save you from AA's - and it can have SOME success, but because they have no fatigue, they can shield wall and move into your square, giving them a high chance of defeating the wall.

pps. now that some of my bros have enough fatigue, they roll with a back up weapon of another "damage" type (usually axes).

ppps. I'm just saying that if you brand new to the game, stick with Veteran of course (normal is too easy), but maybe don't do Ironman till you feel really comfortable.

Lhynn

Arcane
Go with normal ironman, you wont get the experience unless you experience real loss, and you wont get that if you can reload.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The problem with Ironman in a game like this, and I am playing Iron man, is that some of the missions are "surprise" missions and can easily wipe you out. For example, the mission might lead you to believe you are fighting bandits, so you gear up for bandits, and lo and behold, it's something completely different and if you don't recognize immediately what is about to happen... you die.

I mean I guess that's the point, but I've had all of my very promising games lost due to surprises.

A lucky crit or something taking out a valued Bro is bad enough - but rolling up with some spears, expecting direwolfs or bandits, and then encountering ancient auxiliaries will hurt REAL bad.

ps. you might think shield wall will save you from AA's - and it can have SOME success, but because they have no fatigue, they can shield wall and move into your square, giving them a high chance of defeating the wall.

pps. now that some of my bros have enough fatigue, they roll with a back up weapon of another "damage" type (usually axes).

ppps. I'm just saying that if you brand new to the game, stick with Veteran of course (normal is too easy), but maybe don't do Ironman till you feel really comfortable.

Buy a beggar
Put him on front row.
He is now Recon beggar.

BattleBrothers%202017-03-01%2005-53-54-90.jpg

Put as many brothers into reserves as you can.
Put your deployed brothers on the rear, with crossbows.
Start combat.
See what the enemy make up is like. Take note.
Crossbowmen wait - beggar...it's ok for him to die.
Enemy move - can't reach your crossbowmen in one turn, proceed to surround your beggar.
That's fine. You unload your crossbow at 2-3 tile range.
Every crossbowmen then move 3 tiles away.
Next turn, beggar dies.
All crossbowmen move to the edge of the map.

01.jpg

Reload. Wait till one unlucky punk gets in range.

08.jpg

6 Crossbow unload on the lightest armored ones.
If you kill 1/2, retreat.
09.jpg

10.jpg

The enemy stack is reduced in quantity and you have gained valuable info on the enemy count at very little loss.
Since the ones you killed have shit loot anyway, you don't miss out on a lot and still gained the experience.

Last edited:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
btw, the latest patch also re-tuned the ancient weapons.

ancient spears are now on par, and in some ways (less fatigue, more armor effectiveness) than boar spears. they only suffer from a lower min damage. they are at least objectively better than militia spears.

Last edited:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Go with normal ironman, you wont get the experience unless you experience real loss, and you wont get that if you can reload.

That's true - but the difficulty delta between normal and veteran is quite noticeable.

I love this game. I'm tempted to restart again with the latest tweaks, but I finally unlocked noble missions... hmmmm.

Also, geists really suck. I rolled into an ancient ruins to complete an ambition, and I think there were 9 or 10 geists. That's it. Everyone was running around peeing their pants in fear. That was with me picking resolve every single level up in anticipation of the undead end game I had selected. Good times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom