Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Indie crap? Time for some incline!

Finally some proper dungeon crawlin', with teleporters all over the place and confusing layout:

Cl8LD60.jpg

EcNBrRV.jpg

:incline:

Serph is certainly going places in this game. First he dies, then he's back:

eh8W8XJ.jpg

And then:

p5eF4fV.jpg

:fuuyeah:

(Butthurt) bosses gallery:

hyuoirr.jpg

94IaERG.jpg

2LkqtZk.jpg

xVZuzIw.jpg

t30a7NH.jpg

FGtAaUV.jpg

^
Killed him with all 3 fags in bat form.

:dance:

Not everyone is happy with our trannyfication:

SJLVbpV.jpg

nTnPjRX.jpg

t7HYHmQ.jpg

:obviously:

But other familar BROs care only about one thing:

KpW1kz7.jpg

XL5vD1R.jpg

rGD2r72.jpg

But even Jack Frost can't handle teh power of quicksaves:

0DoI7f4.jpg

j1O9xPj.jpg

kjSwz4y.jpg

It's official now. :obviously:

OFC, he wouldn't be himself without a trick or two...

Tk7lptn.jpg

:love:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They tried already to make Stalker in CryEngine once, then started from scratch again recently
Who the hell care about Unity? Maybe some retards who wasted large chunk of their life to learn making shit in this shitty engine
PS. I rather wait for this thing

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cazzeris

The game is titled Time Gate: Knight's Chase. It was developed and released by Infogrames in 1995, working on the same engine as original Alone In the Dark trilogy. This is entire, separate story focusing on Templar Knights history, which weren't overused as a plot device then. What I really liked, is how all the castle rooms looked real, no Disney medieval era. You can quickly see that game was made in Europe and someone had visited at least a couple of them.

Time Gate inherits some bad things from the AitD, like wonky combat (considering that you will be fighting only with melee weapons it is even more frustrating). But it wouldn't be so bad, if only the puzzles could be solved in a better, less frustrating manner. For example, when you need to prepare an ink from a couple of mixtures that you find. You need to use exact things on each other, and there is no indication that you actually did something. Plus the static camera, I can't count how many times I've died in church section due to that. Story sometimes feels, like it was written by two persons and they were going wild with the ideas sticking the Templars on top of them.

There is VGA and SVGA versions of the game, I had the first one which makes characters look even more alien and hostile. The enemies, just like in the Aitd trilogy are mostly just walking towards you, not saying anything like Terminators. During my youth days it spooked me many times.

For one playthrough the game is really worth a try. Don't be discouraged by the beginning. Someone at Infogrames had a great idea to put the laser puzzles where you need to crawl through room to move onward with you quest. Static camera will make this a truly horrific experience and you will feel like walking through the mind field.

spekkio
Young men, you will get no positive tags from me for at least 2 weeks. Respect your elders!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Old times when they made their own engines, some of them were p.good looking. Most of them can do things that modern engines can't. Or can but need enormous amount of additional work(arounds). Or consulting with other departments/publisher/investors with certain rejection.

pippin

I remember the Quake engine being used for thousands of things and most results were pretty different. When I was a kid I was really surprised that Quake 2 and Heretic 2 shared the same engine. Perhaps now I know better and I notice all the warts and cracks everywhere...

And this made me nostalgic for Heretic 2. How hard is it to run it on modern computers? That was a damn fine game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom