Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For Honor

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ah, the inevitable "lel combat is shit" dumbfucketry. Has there ever been any game ever outside some obscure bootleg weeaboo furry waifu Japaneseru RPG that didn't have shit combat, according to the Kodex Konsensus?

Melcar

Arcane
No.

Anyway, would have been awesome if they included more major classes from other regions of the world.

abija

Prophet
1v1 is only combat, nothing else to dilute the experience. So how about you turn that recording software on, queue up and show us plebs the beauty of this combat system. Couple of hours of non degenerate (defensive/reactive pussyfest) high skill footage would suffice to prove your point.

cannondwarf

Scholar
I'll happily 1v1 Europeans, just a fair warning: I'm a wardenpicker.
EDIT:Oh, and my username on uplay is Kanondverg

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
Networking issues seem to have disappeared completely in the last few days from what I've experienced. Either they've updated something or lots of people simply left after the initial failures and never came back, thus easing the load on matchmaking.

Melcar

Arcane
Networking issues seem to have disappeared completely in the last few days from what I've experienced. Either they've updated something or lots of people simply left after the initial failures and never came back, thus easing the load on matchmaking.

Yeah, saw a rather recent Jewtube review of sorts that showed the massive drop in player base these days. Could be that.

Mystary!

Arcane
Not being able to put your emblem on your shield seems like a huge oversight, especially for vikings... :negative:

Gerrard

Arcane
I was giving it a month but I'm already seeing "matchmaking takes 5-10 minutes" posts on reddit.

:greatjob:

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
I was giving it a month but I'm already seeing "matchmaking takes 5-10 minutes" posts on reddit.
Which is bull, at least in Europe. You get a game in less than a minute or two any time of day pretty much.

The "stability" of that game however is not guaranteed...

Gerrard

Arcane
Which is bull, at least in Europe. You get a game in less than a minute or two any time of day pretty much.

The "stability" of that game however is not guaranteed...
I guess they mostly complain about 1v1/2v2 which apparently has the lowest pop.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
I guess they mostly complain about 1v1/2v2 which apparently has the lowest pop.

I think it depends a lot of your "ranking" (think its KDA, not sure) but yea, might have been a decrease.
Personally I still do some now and then but the gameplay experience is not reliable enough for me to provide good games (as in fair and enjoyable) in duels, especially against very fast classes. Against some guys, I'll be fine and be able to handle my own, then against some other guy, about same skill level, attacks will go through blocks, they'll recover before I can chain up and whatnot. That shit is less important in dominion though when you're against a fuckup, you really feel it. Some matchups are so bad they tank my framerate and everything is sluggish soon as they are around, even on same team. Might be crazy talk but I managed to identify people streaming just on how they fuck up my gameplay against them. It's not always much, but in a game where frames matters quite a bit, it just makes the whole thing not reliable.

No idea why some retards are thinking this can become a competitive game or something. Apart from all being on LAN on same computers and shit, hardware & connection determines who wins usually.

Since I'm not competitive I still get my fun everyday but it's all kinds of fucked up if you start digging :)

Edit:
As a note, if you didn't buy it yet and are on the fence, come into this as casual looking for a nice looking Mount & Blade action style combat. Do NOT come into this hoping for a competitive combat game. It's not.

cannondwarf

Scholar
I already gave up on this game, most characters only have two or three viable moves, so it gets kind of boring after a while. Once you get to the stage where everyone consistently tech guardbreaks and parry unsafe attacks, everything has to be feinted or just mindgamed. Idk, it wasn't what I hoped the game would be.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
I already gave up on this game, most characters only have two or three viable moves, so it gets kind of boring after a while. Once you get to the stage where everyone consistently tech guardbreaks and parry unsafe attacks, everything has to be feinted or just mindgamed. Idk, it wasn't what I hoped the game would be.

Looks like Gerrard is avenged. 1v1 is super passive one people figure out that offense sucks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol they're fucked http://www.pcgamer.com/for-honor-is-shedding-players-down-95-since-launch-according-to-steam-stats/

For Honor is shedding players, down 95% since launch according to Steam stats
New heroes and maps haven't stopped the slide

For Honor is looking very poorly after coming down with a serious case of not having many players. Ubisoft’s multiplayer game of duelling warriors has shed around 95 percent of its playerbase on Steam in just a few months.

At launch, For Honor boasted 45k concurrent players, down from over 71k during the beta. Since then, it’s largely been a downward trend that even Season 2, with its new maps and heroes, couldn’t halt.

After the launch of Shadow and Might, there was a tiny jump, according to analytics site, Githyp, with almost 5k concurrent users, but that figure has dwindled again, back to pre-DLC numbers. As of last weekend, it’s peaking at a miserable 3.4k. Steamspy confirms the situation, showing that peak concurrent users were down to 3.1k yesterday.

This is just on Steam, so it doesn’t include anyone playing directly from Ubisoft’s Uplay platform, but it’s rather telling, regardless.

It’s a shame. In his For Honor review, Andy called it a “tense, tactical medieval brawler that will reward anyone with the patience and will to master it,” and that’s been my experience, too. It is blessed with a cracking combat system and heroes that feel meaty, with weapons that are almost tangible.

What do you reckon Ubisoft needs to do to seduce players back to the arenas?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
In B4 this game is dead in 4 months, just like the hundreds of FOTM multiplayer games to come out in the past 3 years.

Of course, this trend has *nothing* to do with twitch being used as a shilling platform for game devs.

197340.jpg

WOW IM A FUCKING PROPHET BOYS

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
People can only stomach shitty matchmaking, connection issues, unbalanced gameplay and focus on bad gameplay modes for so long.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well if $60 wasn't money for me I'd have bought it too full knowing that it'd have no longevity, the dueling seemed fun.

cannondwarf

Scholar
For Honor appealed to Dark Souls PVP players, me included. Too bad it's a game filled with microtransactions that only rewards passive play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom