Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Turjan

Arcane
Inspiring Presence bug still not fixed. In fact, zero patches since launch. Outsourced development to India?
What is the bug? The constant noise? Who knows, maybe it's a feature :D.

Ivan

Arcane
- Fairly decent C&C, although it can take a while for them to affect you as a player.
Can you give a couple of examples of those delayed C&C?

what i've noticed:
-Rhin finds you in the Labyrinth all grown up (should you send her to her family)
-the Alien helps you in the Maw Heart fight if you blow up the cyst
-the Bloom Cultists will attack you in the Maw Heart
-the Convict you could feed to the maw will appear in the Gullet
-Quijano will help you fight Inifere if you have him investigate the Endless Gate

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Numerera companions:

torment-companions-630x420.jpg

PS:T companions:

ff8cb519c27ccb43bd7a5fec91c3021940cd2636f9c93009c8a4c3750f41a3e94g.jpg

Am watching the videos posted on the Kickstarter. Holy fucking shit they look better than what's in the actual game. This one for example. It has actual lighting. The Bloom interior actually looks weird and dark and foreboding.

What in the name of all that is holy happened here?

Maybe it was too demanding for the consoles, So they killed most of those "effects"...

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
The numenera ones look like generic portraits you'd find in any zombie survival game set in the near future, there's about as much fantasy imagination there as there is in there's no fantasy imagination there. They didn't even give one of them a pair of sunglasses, let alone a jordi visor. One of them has an interesting haircut I suppose.

They all even have the same proportioned oval face.

Malpercio

Arcane
H5XdC9N.jpg

Uhhh, what kind of quest is this? Don't you, like, usually present clues in these kind of quests? You just pinpoint the murder and that's it?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

I like how this ghoul chick with the mask (I know who she is, just avoiding spoilers) is face-fronting most of the merchandise and even packed as the figurine here, considering that her actual presence in the game is, like, five minutes and her overall impact on the plot is rather non-existent. And she's really stupid and her story is very stupid, making the local Practical Incarnation knockoff into a total dumbfuck.

I must also say that their rune of torment knockoff is barely present in the game (visually) and is absolutely non-iconic. I haven't even understood how it looked like until I've seen it as the merch.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Those Steamspy numbers tho. It's reading 86237. I thought there were about 88000 backers including the ones who backed directly through their portal. If so then post-release sales haven't been just bad, they've been abysmal.

You are forgeting about GOG.

It keeps crashing or bugging out, especially during crises or when using items. I'm already tired of reloading. It has been mostly enjoyable otherwise, but at this point it's barely playable for me so I'm just about to give up and try again later. On the other hand, I do want to get to the Bloom and see what Ziets has managed to achieve with it.

At least you didn't lose your saves in a bug. Some players have to start again because of this.

Sir Dupre

Educated

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Come on guys, GOG is not a competitor to steam, really. You can't expect more than 10% more of steam sales to be on gog, and this is not much.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What the fuck is up with inXile support?

Inspiring Presence bug still not fixed. In fact, zero patches since launch. Outsourced development to India?
Fargo is too busy firing most of his people due to bad sales.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Uhhh, what kind of quest is this? Don't you, like, usually present clues in these kind of quests? You just pinpoint the murder and that's it?
There are clues, albeit not so obvious ones. You can present a scapegoat too though, which is one of the reasons why this quest is very good.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
There are clues, albeit not so obvious ones. You can present a scapegoat too though, which is one of the reasons why this quest is very good.

The alibis of three of the four suspects can be checked, which leaves only one who did it.

Talk to the weird executioner, the Master Foreman and somebody else upstairs who saw the third guy.

It keeps crashing or bugging out, especially during crises or when using items. I'm already tired of reloading. It has been mostly enjoyable otherwise, but at this point it's barely playable for me so I'm just about to give up and try again later. On the other hand, I do want to get to the Bloom and see what Ziets has managed to achieve with it.

Did you upgrade from EA version? Because that's the one people keep having problems with. I had almost no bugs with the GOG version. The only one I remember was that Calli-chan was getting stuck when I re-entered the Circus map.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I think he means that you don't give the reasons to Fulsome for why you believe that person is guilty. I already forgot if you actually do after selecting one of them or Fulsome just goes "k, i believe everything you say".

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I think he means that you don't give the reasons to Fulsome for why you believe that person is guilty. I already forgot if you actually do after selecting one of them or Fulsome just goes "k, i believe everything you say".
They don't take your word for it, just torture the guy you point at until he confesses. Hilarious in a good way.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Only 2 of them can be checked.

Three of the four can be checked. Two checks reveal alibis and checking the third one reveals incriminating evidence.

Talking to Prata at the Circus.

I think he means that you don't give the reasons to Fulsome for why you believe that person is guilty.

He won't accept it if you don't have enough evidence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom