Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Deleted member 7219

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TOTALLY AVOID COMBAT IN TORMENT: TIDES OF NUMENERA

I know that much. Unavoidable combat before you leave the starting area.

Chamezero

Did you always want to gently massage the rim of a giant alien's sphincter in order to climb up it? Listen to endless people drone on about Legacies and whether their life matters or not in paragraph after paragraph of wordy, description-heavy text? Go bake a cake while the game plays itself, as masses of enemies march around endlessly in unavoidable Crises? Read stories and look at pictures which looked like they were made by highschoolers with a too-high opinion of themselves? Succeed in every skill check because you're awesome, they're awesome, everybody's awesome? Congratulations, Torment: Tides of Numenera is just the game for you.

For my part, next time I'm in the mood for this level of entertainment, I'll just wash the dishes. At least that gives a certain sense of accomplishment.

Andnjord

Arcane
I've been trying this since I did back it after all and well....almost done with Sagus Cliffs (I think) and I'm getting the same feeling I get when I play Bioware games, as in I can act like a complete dick or mustache -twirling villain to any companion or NPC and not even think twice about it, not because I really want to see what happens but because I'm just not seeing the characters beyond the pixels.

Compare this to Ps:T where every time I replay it I'm thinking:'Okay, this time I'm gonna try the evil path, I'll lie, kill innocents, give away Morte to the Pillar, sell Dak'kon to slavery, hang around with Ignus...' and then 5 minutes in I stumble on Dehionara:negative:... So far I've never been able to play through Ps:T with an evil Nameless One.

Sentinel

Arcane
I've been trying this since I did back it after all and well....almost done with Sagus Cliffs (I think) and I'm getting the same feeling I get when I play Bioware games, as in I can act like a complete dick or mustache -twirling villain to any companion or NPC and not even think twice about it, not because I really want to see what happens but because I'm just not seeing the characters beyond the pixels.

Compare this to Ps:T where every time I replay it I'm thinking:'Okay, this time I'm gonna try the evil path, I'll lie, kill innocents, give away Morte to the Pillar, sell Dak'kon to slavery, hang around with Ignus...' and then 5 minutes in I stumble on Dehionara:negative:... So far I've never been able to play through Ps:T with an evil Nameless One.
I'll wait for you in death's halls, my love.

:love:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't even create 1 thread about SJW crap
Sure you can - if you can keep a respectful tone [failed], avoid using "hate speech" [failed], and don't be an obvious troll [oh, how you failed].
rating_citation.png
inXile forums said:
Forum Rules
Do not disturb the peace
Trolling, flaming etc. will get you banned.
No offensive content
There's your citation. I mean ... it's really pretty straightforward dude.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Funny way in which they did this slovak-ish translation. Polish one was fully voice acted and totally posh.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Yeah. That one conversation at the start of the game is more impactful than pretty much the entirety of TTONs boring story.

It's superior in every way you can think off. The music is awesome. ah, fuck it! I'm gonna play PS:T tonight. I don't give a fuck.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
German Gamestar magazine did a video unboxing of the limited edition today and complained that you don't get every extra from the different digital only versions in the most expensive version of the game.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Did you always want to gently massage the rim of a giant alien's sphincter in order to climb up it? Listen to endless people drone on about Legacies and whether their life matters or not in paragraph after paragraph of wordy, description-heavy text? Go bake a cake while the game plays itself, as masses of enemies march around endlessly in unavoidable Crises? Read stories and look at pictures which looked like they were made by highschoolers with a too-high opinion of themselves? Succeed in every skill check because you're awesome, they're awesome, everybody's awesome? Congratulations, Torment: Tides of Numenera is just the game for you.

For my part, next time I'm in the mood for this level of entertainment, I'll just wash the dishes. At least that gives a certain sense of accomplishment.
Thanks to the fluid combat of Tides of Numenera, you can play a game and wash the dishes at the same time.

Tar is a fluid. A non-newtonian fluid, but it still counts!
Yeah. That one conversation at the start of the game is more impactful than pretty much the entirety of TTONs boring story.

It's superior in every way you can think off. The music is awesome. ah, fuck it! I'm gonna play PS:T tonight. I don't give a fuck.
I was listening to Deionarra's theme on loop last night. Kinda made me want to cry.

Goddammit, Fargo, you piece of shit.

:negative:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also why couldn't the last cast off have something like Deionerra in the Calm :negative:

Because Deionarra is vital to TNO's past (Practical was such a charming scamp), meanwhile TLC has no past at all

And why we couldn't have something like Annah then :negative:
We do.
It's Tybir, the Annah of the SocJus Age.

Honestly, the ghostly woman is as Deionnara as it can get.

With the little difference that you care about Deionarra (if you're at all capable of human emotion anyway), whereas it's as good as impossible to give a shit about Anonymous Ghostly Woman. Why would you? She's (a) nothing to do with you and (b) long dead.
Yeah, the only thing they have in common is that they're ghostly. There's pretty much nothing else in common. Like, is every ghostwoman in a dress Deionarra, now? I think not.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Also why couldn't the last cast off have something like Deionerra in the Calm :negative:

Because Deionarra is vital to TNO's past (Practical was such a charming scamp), meanwhile TLC has no past at all

And why we couldn't have something like Annah then :negative:
We do.
It's Tybir, the Annah of the SocJus Age.

Honestly, the ghostly woman is as Deionnara as it can get.

With the little difference that you care about Deionarra (if you're at all capable of human emotion anyway), whereas it's as good as impossible to give a shit about Anonymous Ghostly Woman. Why would you? She's (a) nothing to do with you and (b) long dead.
Yeah, the only thing they have in common is that they're ghostly. There's pretty much nothing else in common. Like, is every ghostwoman in a dress Deionarra, now? I think not.

Agreed with both of you.

But T:TON OST isn't too bad tbh...I honestly think it's the best part of the game (with the setting at 2nd place).

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So is everyone replaying the real Torment today? Not without me you dont!! Time to flirt with some female zombies ;)..... again

Just reopened it today after a year and I have some annoying scaling resolution issue since I upgraded to win10, anyone experiencing the same and knows how to fix?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn

Seriously fuck that encounter

Parabalus

Arcane
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn

http://www.cheatengine.org/download.php Speed it up quickly, before you lose your sanity.

Just reopened it today after a year and I have some annoying scaling resolution issue since I upgraded to win10, anyone experiencing the same and knows how to fix?

I had some issues, in the end I used Big World Setup and it went smoothly, might work for you too.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn
Peerless' Turn

You don't even know yet.

Dat First Castoff fight when the sorrow shows up. My fucking god. HOLD ON THE SORROW ATTACK UNTIL THE CRYSTAL DILDO CHARGES!!!! Which meant putting all my characters near that dildo and skipping turns (each like 1 minute long for each combatant because you have to see all the shitty getting up and falling down animations) and just watch the Sorrow kill everybody and not give a shit about you. Or just kill yourself, less painful.
But fuck me, at least I'm curious now if you can kill the Sorrow there. I mean he regenerates like 50 HP per turn so it seems unlikely, but I mean, did they account for that? I'm guessing it's no big deal and you don't get to end the game right there with your mighty prowess

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
At this very exalted moment one needs to ask one very important question: where art thou Qwinn?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Soundtrack is pretty damn good actually, in fact audio is one area where I've always been happy with InXile. Mark Morgan is a class act, and Wasteland has done some cool stuff with those creepy children choirs and that one bit when suddenly Hendrix starts playing Star Spangled Banner on the radio. The song in the credits was the bomb too.

mastroego

Arcane
Fuck it, reinstalling it now. It's been 3 or 4 years I think, I should have forgotten enough about it by now. Incline here I come!

Well, they did bring back the glory of old after all.
5 millions well spent?

t

Arcane
Patron
Can't decide but maybe I'll go charisma this time? I'm always so boring with WIS/INT...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom