Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: Battle Brothers 0.9

Krivol

Magister
You can count me in - some heavy armoured coward with big shield. Weapon doesn't matter.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Rdw1HVS.gif

might do comeback with Longinus who might serve some time before coming to his proffesion
but need all that boring backgrounds and traits and whatever instead of HEAD CHOPPING with weapon that I can't afford

Drew

Savant
Well, no.
You are getting a levelup lead, but trail in perk.
That assumes that the other level 1 perks are as useful as student, which at the very least on the current build I have to say I'm not convinced of. The only ones I'd be willing to consider are pathfinder and crippling strikes, maybe colossus on a huge hp guy but that's really a stretch, but feel free to convince me to take something else. You've made an undeniable case that student may not be the best in every situation, but now there needs to be something better available at tier 1 in order for me to feel that student is actually lackluster.

WTF, nigga?!:rpgcodex:
:shittydog:
have I mentioned that I'm legally blind?

anyway...
IVBS8EA.png

Sorry Azira I'm going to have to leave you in the queue for now.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If you ask me the newly moved perks actually made keeping your beloved Student bros slightly easier now.
Without rotate in the early levels, it was harder to save anyone in the previous version when they get gangbanged.

Unwanted

lili

Unwanted
but now there needs to be something better available at tier 1 in order for me to feel that student is actually lackluster
But its not just the first level. You will be lagging the whole game, up to level 10.

Unwanted

lili

Unwanted
If you ask me the newly moved perks actually made keeping your beloved Student bros slightly easier now.
Without rotate in the early levels, it was harder to save anyone in the previous version when they get gangbanged.
Didnt rotate get moved down? How does that make Students easier? Its the reverse. Without Student you get Rotate earlier...

Drew

Savant
But its not just the first level. You will be lagging the whole game, up to level 10.
I still need to take something in tier 1 in order to have access to the rest of the talents.

Didnt rotate get moved down? How does that make Students easier? Its the reverse. Without Student you get Rotate earlier...
I don't believe that perk changes will affect my playthrough here, since I've already started it.

Unwanted

lili

Unwanted
I don't believe that perk changes will affect my playthrough here, since I've already started it.
Cant you update the game? Saves might be compatible.

I still need to take something in tier 1 in order to have access to the rest of the talents.
Yeah, you are right. Take Pathfinder for easy height changes :M

I take that back ^^

Drew

Savant
Previous Post

Given that Lhynn has a cut artery and likely will need medical attention, we head out of Harkensee in search of a Temple. Hemmeln is the closest town we haven't been to yet, so it is our first destination.
oLZh1iC.png

Unfortunately, Hemmeln has neither a temple nor the knowledge of where we could find one. On a positive note, we find another bro ready to take up arms.

7cbPjVj.png

Well, dumb and disloyal isn't a great combination. I guess I'll have to live with it.

While introducing Azira to the rest of the company, a local daytaler gets our attention.
d4qsfn4.png

fouPleK.png

q1TBay6.png

The men of the Silver Gauntlet are more than capable of removing some foolish graverobbers from the towns cemetery.
However, one of our men has a serious injury, and should probably sit this fight out.
SQs1sZO.png

For the good of the company, Lhynn also lends Azira some of his equipment for the upcoming fight.
bNaNrcy.png

With our preparations made, we head to the cemetery. Unfortunately, it seems our graverobbers are a bit older than we though they would be...

BsITXX4.png

Sauntering forward, we find only a single zombie ahead of us that we can see.
TtZxq0W.png

Surely more hide in the shadows, so the men collect around a safe portion of high ground.
4PtH3vG.png

The lone zombie is joined by another, as our undead hosts begin to make their approach.
fSjK6Fe.png

Soon, the whole company of rotting flesh is visible to our men.
SuKTcuY.png

The pitchfork wielding zombie poses a threat with his reach weapon. Our bros move to engage him so that his advantage is nullified.
UWA3HVL.png

The first true round of combat ends, and one of the zombies is pinned to the ground on the end of Drew's arrows.
rs2WLAh.png

Skittles defensive spearwall prevents more of the zombies from advancing, taking one down in the process.
PB46PL5.png

Steve's pitchfork removes another from the fight, while Skittles spearwall and thrusts end another two zombies.
qWr4Bsa.png

Two zombies rise, and are immediately killed again on Skittles spear.
g7U8trf.png

Jinn cuts the penultimate zombie down with his axe, and the company moves to collapse on the final obstacle.
2R39u1p.png

Skittles manages to claim the final head, a staggering total domination of the entire battle.
6apg0Jd.png

odEmrSp.png

The zombies of the Cemetery of the Poor, unsurprisingly, carried little of value.
xAo1lp2.png

With the battle over, and Skittles displaying his true potential and more than earning his coin, we return to Hemmeln.
PcAKUDL.png

It appears we have been played like a fiddle. Still, we've been paid, and take a vow to not seek employment at Hemmeln again. They've burned that bridge.
Still in search of a temple for Lhynn, we set off for Kormanhaven in the west.
XzsT3Wp.png

The large coastal city does have a temple, and Lhynn receives the much needed medical care.
WYMun5n.png

We also do a touch of trading in the marketplace to acquire some equipment.
0RXNn2M.png

X2Ob1j1.png

In the market, we stumble upon Jimmious in search of work, and welcome him to the company.
DcinGJ6.png

We also get word that Meinolf the Merchant is in search of a troupe to hire, and put our name out as available.
fIylw1C.png

inv32h9.png

Unfortunately, the pay is quite poor, but a job is a job and right now we need any exposure we can get.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, suck it zombie biiitcheeeeeeeeeeeeees.

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Volunteering for duty.

I'll take anyone that is fat, with a bad hair cut and shit luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom