Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crowfall

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Are you trying to be mysterious or can you link to an article explaining what you are claiming or a fourm post, anything?

it's well known, if you don't trust me just wait and you'll see for yourself.

Well know by who? A secret cabal? Where is this information located? Is the article I linked to incorrect? What else is there to it? Are you able to link something or do you know someone who is able to?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

JamesGoblin

Literate
Confessor, Templar, Centaurs? Minotaurs? They are trying very hard to make it sound like Shadowbane :D

Yeah, there's that guy working on Crowfall...now, what was his name? J. Todd...something? Can't remember.

While I'm here, they just introduced personal kingdom building to player tests:

This building tool is currently available to pre-alpha 1&2 players. I'm saying this to avoid confusion, because the current tests are, in general, for anyone with beta 2 ($70) or higher but new features are always first allowed to more expensive test groups.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Confessor, Templar, Centaurs? Minotaurs? They are trying very hard to make it sound like Shadowbane :D

Yeah, there's that guy working on Crowfall...now, what was his name? J. Todd...something? Can't remember.

That still does not imply that a totally different universe would end up with the same races and classes (except for the hamsters!).
That said, where are my Birdmen? :)

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Here is the skill system "streamlined." Doesn't look too shabby. I'm definitely looking forward to this game now that I know it isn't shit for monkey idiots. My only reservation being the lack of ability of people who claim to have played or play this game to explain simple things, but this is the codex so it is par for the course I guess and should not reflect poorly on the game.

https://crowfall.com/en/news/skill-training-mechanics-and-you/

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Meh, exaggeration aside, MMOs are seeing the same huge development stretches as ever, yet we're exposed to it much earlier by necessity of crowdfunding.

But yeah, I don't like it either.

ADL

Prophet
The modern MMO cycle: 20 years in alpha, then released as complete shit.
It's the same as ever. Now you just have 100% transparency when previously, even Star Citizen would've just made it's public debut two years ago (five years out of a seven year cycle) and that's way more ambitious than *insert generic themepark MMO here*.

Also on topic I played Crowfall a month or two back and it's fun. Definitely shows more promise than Camelot Unchained.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The modern MMO cycle: 20 years in alpha, then released as complete shit.
It's the same as ever. Now you just have 100% transparency when previously, even Star Citizen would've just made it's public debut two years ago (five years out of a seven year cycle) and that's way more ambitious than *insert generic themepark MMO here*.

Also on topic I played Crowfall a month or two back and it's fun. Definitely shows more promise than Camelot Unchained.
Why do you think it has more promise than CU? I have not played either game (although I have played DAoC and Shadowbane), but just by looking and reading about stuff it would seem to me that CU is the stronger contender here.

No way. MMO cycles were always long, but you got something at the end. Out of early MMOs, almost every single one was successful to some degree: UO, EQ, EQ2, WoW, AoC, AC, EO, SWG, etc. Sure, they all fizzled out or whatever in the end, but most of these games had a good run for a few years at least. These new ones are just utter shit out of the gate in most cases.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Why do you think it has more promise than CU? I have not played either game (although I have played DAoC and Shadowbane), but just by looking and reading about stuff it would seem to me that CU is the stronger contender here.

CU is fucking vaporware. There is a reason all their programmers keep bailing

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
CU is fucking vaporware. There is a reason all their programmers keep bailing
Got any sources for that? I've checked youtube yesterday and found this video:

And from what the dude says back in may(when the video was posted) it appeared that it's all well.

LizardWizard

Cipher
And from what the dude says back in may(when the video was posted) it appeared that it's all well.

It's still a tech demo after 7 years. Both Crowfall and Pantheon (a failed kickstarter) have more actual playable gameplay at this point

Saerain

Augur
Patron
No way. MMO cycles were always long, but you got something at the end. Out of early MMOs, almost every single one was successful to some degree: UO, EQ, EQ2, WoW, AoC, AC, EO, SWG, etc. Sure, they all fizzled out or whatever in the end, but most of these games had a good run for a few years at least. These new ones are just utter shit out of the gate in most cases.
You from the future? The last two western MMOs at that kind of scale were launched five years ago.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

You left out tons of unsuccessful MMOs that nobody remembers because they were unsuccessful

I remember those (e.g. Vanguard), but their ratio was fairly low, compared to today, when it's pretty much 100%, other than shit like ESO and FF14.

francisbaud

Novice
The studio has begun working on the last major milestone of the game (then it's bug fixes and polish).

This milestone includes:
  • the Frostweaver (final class)
  • caravans
  • mounts
  • refineries
  • remaining disciplines
  • the Dregs (GvG campaign)
  • ability to dynamically add, move and destroy buildings
  • etc.

grimace

Arcane
The studio has begun working on the last major milestone of the game (then it's bug fixes and polish).

This milestone includes:
  • the Frostweaver (final class)
  • caravans
  • mounts
  • refineries
  • remaining disciplines
  • the Dregs (GvG campaign)
  • ability to dynamically add, move and destroy buildings
  • etc.

Is there a playable game here?

ADL

Prophet
Any news on "soft launch"? The only reason I don't play this is because I'm tired of progression resets.

francisbaud

Novice
Is there a playable game here?
It's playable in the sense that there's always at least one campaign running and the gameplay loop is there (gathering, crafting, leveling, siege, PvP) but still doesn't have the polish and bug fix necessary. Some people have been "playing/testing" the game for a while.

Any news on "soft launch"? The only reason I don't play this is because I'm tired of progression resets.
There are still at least 2 wipes (for 5.110 and soft launch) remaining. 5.110 is planned for February and soft launch sometime in 2020.

Last edited:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The big update most people have been waiting for is finally up. Looks like backers will be able to play tomorrow.

https://community.crowfall.com/topic/26899-the-war-of-the-gods-updated-6-pm-cdt/

The big day is here! Crowfall backers are cordially invited to log into TEST and get their first look at the eagerly-anticipated War of the Gods update! Please remember, this update is on TEST because it needs to be TESTED so check the release notes to ensure you are aware of what to expect and...have fun playing!

PHASE 1

We’re taking a phased approach to releasing the update on TEST in order to collect feedback on specific updated features. In this first phase of testing War of the Gods, we will focus on updated combat and gameplay, leveling progression in the God’s Reach world, and Frostweaver gameplay and mechanics.

God’s Reach offers new Crows a safe haven where they can explore the world at their own pace before advancing to the Campaign Worlds where you face higher risks (and rewards!) In God’s Reach, playtesters in both EU and NA will come together as one faction, on one server, to explore the new gameplay.

After we get through the initial phase of testing on God’s Reach, we will move into the next phase of testing, introducing the Dregs (guild vs. guild) world on TEST. The ultimate goal is to test all of the new features for polish, balance and performance. Then, we’ll be ready to take The War of the Gods to our LIVE testing environment.

FAQ

Which test groups will have access to TEST?

TEST will be available to everyone who’s purchased a backer pack, so please jump in and join us!

To become a backer, it’s not too late to purchase a backer pack to get in and play now and forever, no waiting. All backer packs, include immediate access to play the game plus a digital download of the game at launch.

Where do I download the game?

The download can be found here. (You must be logged into your crowfall.com account.) Note that the TEST version of the download is different than the LIVE version, so be sure you’re downloading and installing the correct one.

Who do I contact if I have trouble downloading, installing or running the game?

Send an email to support@crowfall.com for assistance. Please include a DXdiag report (the steps are listed here, it is very helpful in resolving your issue if we can see that data, so thanks in advance!) so we can help troubleshoot the issue more quickly.

Where should I send feedback and bug reports?

Please use the designated Testing forums to share your feedback and submit bug reports; and thanks for posting them - your feedback helps us to hit our quality bar.

What if I find an exploit?

Suspected exploits should not be posted on the Testing forums. Please send them to support@crowfall.com with as much information as you can about what you were doing when you noticed it and the steps to reproduce it (if possible).

P.S. It's noon somewhere, right? See you in-game!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom