Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

tormund

Arcane
Also, this drama is helping Bioware get away with this, and i wouldn't be suprised if some reviewers would give better reviews for Mass Effect because "poor girl harrased by GamerGaters"

Nigger, 2015 was 2 years ago. You can't bullshit people in this way anymore, at least not the majority. They will see that the animations are a complete trainwreck and they'll see that the reason behind it is that BioWhore gave a very important job to a complete amateur. Everything else is irrelevant. Nobody gives half a squirt of piss what a bunch of worthless, AIDS-ridden, moronic faggots who write for glorified online blogs have to say on this issue.
It would've been nice if we didn't give them reason (or something that is good enough for them) to cover for this game and to either minimize or avoid actual criticism of it, though. Especially since it looked like we finally might see BioWare game bombing critically and financially.

Watch it, in few months, communications between EA suits will emerge that will reveal how this cosplayer crap was concocted by them as a media stunt.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I am missing the point of talking about optimalization, many people are actually saying Andromeda is good optimized. We are talking about bugs here.
Maybe you missed bugs, were lucky. But I remember how all reviews and people on witcher 3 release were bashing it for how broken it was (was, not as it is now), I've seen a lot of videos presenting them.
I'd even risk a statement that it was no better than andromeda.
You want references? There are many videos about it on internet, youtube. Like this, for instance:

You can all have fun from bashing Andromeda for its bugs, but saying that this something uncommon is straight lie.
Game hasn't been released yet, but in view of all they showed us in 10h I can say that Andromeda is typical AAA title this days in topic of bugs and glitches.

Bullshit. A few bugs were mentioned but Witcher 3 was a very polished game at release. Show me those reviews that support your claim.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

pdp really going all in shitlording

Look at the comments. Top comment:
This can't be fucking real! God what the hell happened? If their plan was to avoid over sexualising the characters, then yeah fair enough, but that doesn't mean they had to make them funny looking, like wtf? And those movements! Omg I hope they fix that lol This is why people use mods XD
This is what the masses are not only saying, but approving of.

They have bought the baloney about oversexualization.

They assume that Bioware will probably fix it - even though they said they won't.

Then they assume "mods will fix it" even if bioware doesn't.

Normies. :decline:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Andromeda dindu nuffin'! It's dem other gaems that are buggy and sheet!

'Sup Yanick?
Are you having problems with reading? Look back at what I wrote

Oh, my. It's always sad when someone resorts to the "Learn to fucking read, KIDDO! Brush up on that reading comprehension, PAL!" strategy whenever their ulterior motives are revealed.

All I ask is that you try to be a little more creative. Perhaps you could upload a video of yourself putting on a little finger puppet show and use that as a distraction instead, for example.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Oh, my. It's always sad when someone resorts to the "Learn to fucking read, KIDDO! Brush up on that reading comprehension, PAL!" strategy whenever their ulterior motives are revealed.
Beceause otherwise I'd call him retarded. I clearly said that Andromeda is not worse than other games, then he acts as If I said that Andromeda is good and other games worse. I dunno how any sane person could understood it this way.

sullynathan

Arcane
Bullshit. A few bugs were mentioned but Witcher 3 was a very polished game at release. Show me those reviews that support your claim.
No reviewer went hard against the Witcher 3 at all for any of the problems. That's why two years later, the only thing they can say it did well was side quests and somewhat graphics.

They even ignored the massive graphic downgrades while they were busy criticizing Ubisoft about the same thing and sucking CDPR because they gave free skins. Fallout 4 was the punching bag that year

tormund

Arcane
It is telling, isn't it, that even the obvious apologists like jamaro or Juggie are doing their best to cloud their defense of the game as best they can.

obvious apologists

We are all talking in this thread for days, saying how we dislike game or what disturbs us, and you dare to say I am apologist?
I hope you are trolling
You prove my point, again.
Even the folks you try to pretend that they dislike the game, even though their posts have them basically frothing at TEH HATERS.

"But, but, Witchar The Third had these bugs for me, guise, it es no only Andromada that has bugs. Why u hate on Andromada but not on Witchars??? Hm????"

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I found new video from meeting that new race (obvious spoilers ahead)

Everything is those scenes were bad. Everything.
At first they talk with archon and he's fluent in english. Then they are landing on a planet and noones speak english. Out of a sudden their leaders and that Jaal speak english.
And then leader wants us to accompany her, character asks if he can have questions, she says yes. And then he says almost nothing, and when he does, it's something meaningless.
At the end we are talking with other leader, something that is literally shit dialog. Nothing of it felt real. Like a cartoon.
Not even mentioned that our character went out in casual outfit. Not even weared armor. It looks like comedy.
It was so frustrating to watch.

Btw, there's scene when Jaal walks naked on the ship. And all our character says is some stupid shit.

comment_9njLw56Sk1hLinPLJVhJB4Oj6oQvWKRu,w400.jpg

they are both shitty AAA blockbusters but at least actual gameplay in MEA is "fun" if you like 3rd person shooters since it's basically based on ME3 multiplayer just this time in Frostbite with jetpack and large vertical levels while combat in TW3 is failed copy of Dark Souls combat system

Fairfax

Arcane
Not sure how lifting the review embargo early is going to help sales. Seems like a 'surprise' launch a few days early would generate more positive buzz.
It should help, since the game will get high scores regardless. That will reassure casual players and biodrones who are worried it could actually be poorly received by journalists.
The very existence of "review embargoes" continues to amaze me. The concept didn't exist in the 1990s or the early 2000s. It's a completely obvious ploy to keep potentially bad reviews hidden until developers have had the opportunity to con unwise people out of their money.

While I don't mind seeing unwise people get conned in general, I'm even less inclined to watch shit-tier developers profit from their shovelware.
There was no need for an embargo when magazines were the main source of mainstream reviews. Nobody could get a significant head start and the information was easily controlled. In the early 2000s the mainstream sites started to grow a lot and there was a period where you actually had the competition and less control by publishers, but it didn't last long. By 2003 big publishers were already doing it with the biggest projects, and Microsoft set the new standard for big hits with Halo 2 in 2004. This Eurogamer article describes the situation at the time:

Fair play to Microsoft, though. For the first time in living memory a genuine worldwide embargo was set, giving publications such as this a genuine chance to compete on a level playing field - at least in terms of the publication date. Suffice to say that the same rules didn't apply to Doom III, Half-Life 2 or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which have all been slapped with bizarrely unfair and unhelpful reviewing restrictions, which seem to serve no purpose other than to benefit the larger organisations. But rightly or wrongly, Microsoft didn't allow for multiplayer reviews, and inferred, in fact, that testing for the service was still ongoing right up until the last minute.

Video game media in the early 2000s was pretty much dominated by the few major magazines and websites, so it made sense that people barely talked about this. Although they were already common (with AAA games) in 2003-2006, it wasn't until 2007-2008 that it became more common for journalists to openly talk about them, mostly because YouTube changed the game and media consumption through the internet was growing in general. Today YT and Twitch turn that up to 11.

Back in the old days, the publishers could keep journalists on a leash, since the biggest outlets had privileged access and breaking the embargo meant losing a competitive edge, not to mention all the special treatment with parties, promotional stuff, paid trips, ads, etc. If somebody didn't play nice, such as writing a harsh review in some cases, you could just cut all that and tell your pals in the industry about how a specific outlet/journalist couldn't be trusted.

Streamers and youtubers are pretty much independent when it comes to revenue and editorial policies, and they're also much more numerous, so there's no way to keep a tight relationship within a closed circle as publishers and journalists used to. Most youtubers and streamers have audiences with no reason to care about how or how much of the game is being shown or described, and the game could be negatively impacted by competition in several ways.

Embargoes are also important for publishers in terms of social media impact. If you have your reviews and footage spread across 10 days, the game won't be trending nearly as high on Twitter/Facebook/Reddit when compared to a specific day where websites, youtubers and streamers are talking about or showing the game at the same time. A very high peak is much more desirable than a mediocre average, specially when the publisher itself can decide when that peak will happen.

Whether they're morally justifiable or not is a different question. I think some types, such as launch day embargoes, are definitely meant to deceive foolish consumers and boost pre-orders, but having no embargo at all means less effective marketing and potentially harmful content with false and/or misleading content. The most common embargo seems pretty harmless to me. You get a review copy a week or so before release, can't stream or show content past a certain point until the embargo is lifted, and after that it's all fair game.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It is telling, isn't it, that even the obvious apologists like jamaro or Juggie are doing their best to cloud their defense of the game as best they can.

obvious apologists

We are all talking in this thread for days, saying how we dislike game or what disturbs us, and you dare to say I am apologist?
I hope you are trolling

2wbt6pt.jpg
[/IMG]
2wbt6pt.jpg

Man, that's crazy. I had the same basic idea for that exact picture thirty minutes ago, but was too lazy to be bothered. :lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Except it is. Your comments haven't focused solely on the feminazi accusation.
Because you are reading my sentences as if they are isolated statements and not looking at them with the context of the rest of my posts, jackass.
For the same reason we care when a gamer is mocked in an (un)justified [typo] way: it could be us someday and no one wants to live in that kind of society.
I don't know why you and scrooge (et al) won't just admit you don't like seeing women get insulted. Or, you just don't like people making mean comments generally?
Notice how you omit this sentence:
So, yeah, I'm w Scrooge on this. Insult her all you want, but don't play the out-of-context/libel game.
Might go against your argument that I don't like to see women insulted, just a bit. :roll:

Maybe try reading my whole post next time and reading other posts in an argument before jumping in and making an ass out of yourself. If you had done that, you'd also have noticed that I started out by attacking Scrooge before understanding her point too.

Really, I don't care what it is, but if you are just taking things out of context or making up lies about people (men or women) who we don't even know are SJWs, you are just robbing yourselves of anything approaching legitimacy. Again, I don't have as much problem with doing this to SJWs because thy choose to use these tactics too and therefore they have no ground to stand on when they try to defend themselves against it, but unless we know someone is a feminazi, I really don't see the point in calling them one.

And I know it's really probably just triggering you because it reminds you of criticisms people have made of gamergate in the past because they were fighting back against SJWs, but again this isn't necessarily an SJW we are talking about and that's my whole point, so suck it up.
Or, you don't like that this discredits criticism of games companies by gamers in the eyes of journalists (that ship has sailed)? In any case, it's not really about the feminazi accusation, and even calling it an accusation is an exaggeration.
No, it isn't. Ralph took 5 seconds of a longer video that was clearly not political and framed it as political.

That's SJW fake news tactics where they take a 5 second sound bite of Trump, Pewdiepie or whoever and try to make them look like a nazi. And us continuing it and calling her a feminazi doesn't help.

Do we really want to become Antifa and call people "Nazis" or Feminazis or SJWs when we don't know if it even applies so that we lose all the meaning of the words? Do we really want to be the "literally Hitler" crowd of morons? Really? This is the hill you want to die on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Then why has he made these... for fun...
He really has nothing to do with CDPRed. He's co-owner of independent 3D animation studio. Recently they did cinematics for Prey, Hitman, Watchdogs, For Honor, TotalWar Warchammer, bunch of commercials, United Nations and FX for some live action movies. It's not like he's animating those, it's about 100 people working in PI. Also it's apparently very expensive to make, their profits used to be on some pitiful level ($5k/year for entire company and they are in Poland), so don't expect any game developer making anything similar.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Juggie is not an apologist shill. WTF?
It is not as if one gets that image from reading his comments, right? :lol:

Whatever dude. Doesn't it frustrate you a little that nobody (except me) has noticed you're a contrarian liberal asshole in the Politics forum while pretending to join the GamerGate circlejerk in here? Apparently you're not making much of an impression.

So here, I'm doing you a favor. Look everybody, it's tormund, a new legend of the Codex.

tormund

Arcane
Juggie is not an apologist shill. WTF?
It is not as if one gets that image from reading his comments, right? :lol:

Whatever dude. Doesn't it frustrate you a little that nobody (except me) has noticed you're a contrarian liberal asshole in Politics while pretending to join the GamerGate circlejerk in here? Apparently you're not making much of an impression.

So here, I'm doing you a favor. Look everybody, it's tormund, a new legend of the Codex.
Dude.
On a forum filled with ironic right wingers, someone needed to fill a role of ironic, over the top left winger.
Or did you fail to notice that mine left wing sounding comments were such as to make my "side" look bad?
Or that they were in sharp contrast with my older comments?

You picked up on it real fast, a some other folks did. ;)

Now, issue here is why are you using your usual tactics with excluding certain opinions from conversation. You had no issues with my obvious troll posts in this thread (pro tip: everytime I use "K"odex or "K"odexian in my comments, they are of the sort that might cause cringe at best, brain damage at worst), yet it is not them that provoked you.
Also, I love how you are equating the very dissatisfaction with the game with GamerGate.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom