Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware [LP CYOA] Night of the Hummingbird

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well... uh... I've been wanting to write out an update for a few days now but found myself a bit too carried away with Nier Automata, and unfortunately I'll also be heading out of the country for around two weeks in a couple of days. There won't be any updates until I get back, sometime around the middle of March. Sorry about that.

lightbane

Arcane
Funnily enough that game is not supposed to be out yet, but that didn't stop treave from playing it anyway.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Banquet

Vitruvius Camna smiled, and nodded, and smiled again as he parted ways with a group of guests. He had just been speaking out in support of the Emperor, and from the looks of his audience, he thought he did quite well. Many of the faces here at the banquet today were those that he would count as allies, yet there were many he knew to harbor rather unacceptable sentiments about the future of the Empire. Many of them from his own generation, disrespectful of history and ungrateful to their forebears. Many of them, like… yes.

The smile on his face froze as he saw the sight of Eridukos Ramsesphilios engaging in cheerful banter with some other young nobles. Vitruvius had to turn away to control his urge to put a fist through that smug visage.

“Are you alright, sir?” A young maid, her head topped with curls, approached him with a grin. “Is there anything I can do for you?” Her words carried a light suggestiveness. Vitruvius was uncertain whether it was by intent or just a by-product of her demeanour. Regardless, he put on a façade of politeness and gave her his most charming smile.

“I’m quite fine, thank you. May I have one of those fritters?”

“Why, of course, sir.” The maid held the tray forward. “It’s the last one, so it would help me quite a great deal if you could finish it off.” She giggled.

Vitruvius plucked the last fritter from the tray and popped it into his mouth and nodded. The flighty maid, sensing no conversation to be had here, smoothly moved off to set the tray down and continue her work… or so it seemed, until he saw her begin chatting with one of the Ramsesphilios house guards.

Well, good help is hard to come by nowadays, Vitruvius mused. The issue of help suddenly brought a certain pair of siblings to mind – a friend of his, and his sister. If his memory was not mistaken, both of them should be working for the Ramsesphilios family at the moment, though Vitruvius had not seen either of them around.

“Ah, that is Sir Camna, is it not?”

Vitruvius turned, and was met with the sight of about six young men and women around his age. They were noble-born but not military; he had never seen them present in the Imperial Academy, for that matter. Only at parties.

Vitruvius gave an impeccable bow, greeting them all by name. That they were not military did not mean he had not already memorized who they were. Each of them came from houses far richer and more influential than his own, and though such circumstances would normally preclude him from their circles, Vitruvius Camna was different. He was quite well-known, and quite popular. His exploits and success as a cadet had earned him many fans in an age starved for heroes, and that allowed him a certain measure of influence when he would otherwise be no better than a lowborn peasant.

The conversation that ensued was drab, in his thoughts. Drab, but necessary. They were young, and allies of his age were rare, as most of them had been swept up by the romanticism of the republican movement. Getting them on his side would be useful.

A. Vitruvius attempted to openly sway them towards support of the monarchy by expounding on how important the Imperial Family’s leadership has been throughout Shinari history.

B. Vitruvius tried to quietly shift their opinions away from republicanism, by talking about its dangers rather than preaching about the importance of the monarchy.

C. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the hall doors open, and a maid walk in. He would have usually paid that no mind, but he recognized her face. Remembered her name. Even while understanding it was a strange whim, Vitruvius decided to stop the conversation and talk to the maid.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
C.

Ninja maids are a secret weapon of Ramsesphilios family, and we ought to keep an eye on those. Nothing strange about that.

Kipeci

Arcane
C

In a longer-winded LP, I would definitely go with B because I think that would be best for being convincing and respectable in the long-term. For this one, business is going down tonight; the time for slowly building up connections is about at an end. I think that going on a political rant and history lesson will be no fun for any of these young ones and likely push them away, so that leaves C as something to do for the short-term that may have an impact. If we can get her to act as an extra set of eyes and ears, we may be at a slight advantage when disaster strikes.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the hall doors open, and a maid walk in. He would have usually paid that no mind, but he recognized her face. Remembered her name.
YTCbg2t.png

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It was touch and go for a while, but I'm alive now. Sorry for disappearing for the better part of the year. There were some unforeseen circumstances that put me offline for a very long time.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was touch and go for a while, but I'm alive now. Sorry for disappearing for the better part of the year. There were some unforeseen circumstances that put me offline for a very long time.
Happy New year bro.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thanks, guys. It's really been too long. :love:

Anyway, I'm going to take a look at this whole CYOA again, try to dig up the notes I made for it, and it's quite possible I won't be starting this CYOA or any other new ones back up in the near future, but I just wanted to let you guys know I didn't die in a ditch somewhere at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom