Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Arkast

Novice
There's a complete solo faerie ninja guide for Wizardry 8 here.

k0syak

Cipher
OK, just tell me which weapon class I should focus on my Ninja?
Spears, Polearms, maces, daggers or swords?

Don't be retarded, start with a full party and leave the autistic powergaming for subsequent playthroughs, otherwise you'll end up hating the game and yourself in no time.
Do you even know what items to savescum the first chest for? Where do you need to go after the monastery and in what order?
The game is meant to be played with a 6-person party and 2 NPCs to get the most out of it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you even know what items to savescum the first chest for?
Well, no.
I got Bo and was satisfied.
I just don't like micromanage many partymates, so I always try to accomplish with the least possible number.

Question - how many classes you can got? There is no restriction?
Do you need your primary attributes for meet requirements for another class or attributes from equipment counts?
I already understand that I don't need to rise on levelups skills that I can develop through battle.

The only thing I fear of is a developing a magic skills for Bishop - there is somehow puzzling system in game.

Also - for Ninja important number of attack per rpind right? So, does it goes better with Dual Weilding, or one-hander in primary hand get largest number of attack?

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I tested a little - did you mean those items I need savescum for solo are bombs of two kind, or was it Amulet of Static? )

Ok, still Wiz5, my 13 lvl Lord is able to beat Laughting Kettle with little help of Murphy's Ghost summon. Questions are:

1. I've killed Kettle with single character, received 528158 exp but my Lord leveled up only once, wtf? Are level up requirements so high or surplus got lost (you cannot level up multiple times at once)?
2. Which level is enough to kill LaLaMooMoo and Sorn?

k0syak

Cipher

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
One is faster, tha't all I need.
If it will be that good, I'll replay later with a party.

Anyway, I scummed both amulet and bomb, and Bo of cource.
Also I'm tring to rise dual weild and daggers, but not sure I need it.

Last edited:

k0syak

Cipher
One is faster, tha't all I need.
If it woild be that good, I'll replay later with a party.
One person is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay slower, cause you'll need to reload fights/spawns like a mofo.

Anyway, I scummed both amulet and bomb, and Bo of cource.
Also I'm tring to rise dual weild and daggers, but not sure I need it.
No, you take a faerie ninja for one reason only (which is pwning everything with Cane of Corpus).

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
you can see the exact number of attacks/swings in the inventory - compare for yourself.

It doesn't help.
With Bo I got 1 attack 1 swing, with Faerie Stick and Dagger - 2 attack 1 swing but at lowered accuracy.
Faerie Stick alone gives 1 attack 1 swing.

So I appreciate if someone give actual info.
For now rising DW and Dagger is a pain in the ass, but if I'll get more attack than 1h then, well...

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I used widescreen mod - it works fine, applied fix for black lines in loading screen - luckily haven't seen this bug in inventory, and used Cosmic Forge to possibly remove fog.
Let's see what will happen.

Thanks for all the help, this Flamestryke site have something to read.
Back to annoying slime in Lower Monastry...

P.S. Looking for a mod with fast animation.

No fog.

7b4576adeaffad1fbba43068adac6772.jpg

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I start to like it.

Can you tell me - will I ever need things such as powder of resurrection, smelly salt etc?
Also I won't be able to use things like potion against paralysis, right, so they are useless for solo?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, Arnika Road wasn't too hard, because I just ran away mostly. )
The only killed - bandits near chest, and two wasp.

mushaden

Scholar
Playing Wizardry 7 (finished 8 before, tried 6 but got scared off). I am pretty slow when it comes to finishing games... should I be worried about my characters getting too old? Also, for the same reason, is my game gonna be screwed from these rival parties getting places before me? I've already had some rat in New City library tell me that someone came before me and took some blueprints (which I wasn't even looking for)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If you don't find the maps yourself, you can find them on the corpses on the vanquished enemy parties. May be able to trade for them too, I can't recall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom