Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
RPS has had an odd few weeks of being on the right side of things.

Also, from the comments:

Ugh, Beamdog butcher another classic.

Mod the original game up yourself. It’ll be more stable, and you’ll be spared their hammy, godawful “extra content”.

I tried BG2 “enhanced”, and it irreparably corrupted my saves 15 hours into a playthrough… I had to start over, with the original modded-up version this time, and it worked flawlessly.

Beamdog are hacks, whether they’re writing code or writing dialogue.
Richard Cobbett says:

So, that’s a no to TNO remembering he used to be a girl?

pippin

I like that they are setting a precedent for it to be an unnecessary butchering of a game that's already available for purchase and works ok right out of the box. The audience for PST seems to be different than that of BG, in the sense that BG is a brand Bioware kids can go back to without complaining too much.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so they're getting rid of the whole alignment thing I guess

here some leaked info about its replacement:

5uj7jzn.jpg
Some of those look like cool space ship designs.
Agree, like designs from...DUM...DUM....DUM! Star Citizen!

Sad He-Man

Educated
The Elongatorium of Hollow Pursuits sounds like a pretty good metaphor for all current AAA shovelware.

Also I'm a big fan of experimental music so my opinion is biased.

I actually like Lustmord's soundtrack more than Morgan's, even though the choirs are a bit simple, but I am biased as well.

So I started listening to this and I thought to myself: "this is cool, let's see where youtube takes me."

This was the first suggestion:

...and this was the second one:

:nocountryforshitposters:

latest

Motherfucker, I haven't even realized it.

Thanks for the link, I guess.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
latest

Well, duh :p Only Gustav Klimt's Kiss is more popular among wanna-be "artists". Otherwise, yeah, Ligeti is amazing. He's more down-to-earth than Stockhausen or Xanakis though. Gesang Der Junglinge is actually a prayer and the whole text is recited/melodically-spoken by the children. Here's another very cool Ligeti piece, a medley of his opera -

Darkzone

Arcane
I know because I asked him almost 10 years ago :P
http://www.lustmord.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=259

Black Star sounds similar to songs from Metavoid so yeah, it would fit. I love Morgan's soundtrack, but Lustmord's music is what I imagine Planescape setting to sound like. Sigil at least. Also I'm a big fan of experimental music so my opinion is biased.
Actually, I'm going to replay PST with Metavoid + Black Star as soundtrack. The game will probably feel darker and weirder. I'll let you know how it went!
Very nice thing with the question to Brian W.
I always envision Lustmord in an biomechanics gigeresque world, or in a apocalyptic diesel punk. Sigil is a vibrant living city, and therefore lacks the desolate loneliness for Lustmord.

So I started listening to this and I thought to myself: "this is cool, let's see where youtube takes me."

This was the first suggestion:

So it took you to 2001.

...and this was the second one:

latest

As already Lycrmas has pointed out the wannabe has copied the Toteninsel.
ToteninselGiger.JPG

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/27/planescape-enhanced-edition-changelog/

The RPG Scrollbars: Predicting Planescape
Richard Cobbett on March 27th, 2017 at 1:00 pm.
plane1.jpg

If you go down to planescape.com today, you’re sure of a big surprise. Unless you’re expecting a countdown, in which case, it’s that. What could it mean? Well, if you open the page source, you’ll see a secret message hidden in there – 0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45. Convert that from ASCII numbers to letters and you get PSTEE. The two most likely translations of that are either Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition as Beamdog’s latest updated release, or someone is really looking forward to going down to Gregg’s for a pastie sometime on Tuesday. It’s not confirmed. It could be something else. Maybe there’s a ‘Planescape Kids’ TV series coming out. Nobody’s told me.

Though it would explain this changelog I found lying around the other week…

PLANESCAPE TORMENT: ENHANCED EDITION
BUILD NOTES 0.99B. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE ON PAIN OF TORTURE. ALSO SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY, FOR A GAME FROM 1999.

You skipped the MCA part at the end:

Plus, I hear the planned collector’s edition comes with a special rubber Chris Avellone so that you too can assign him stretch goals from the comfort of your own home!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What Giger re-imagines is up to him, that doesn't change the fact that the Isle of the Dead is almost as popular among wanna-bes as The Kiss.

hexer

I think they tried to bridge PST & Numanuma literally by having...
a NPC called O, the same one from PST.

Darkzone

Arcane
What Giger re-imagines is up to him, that doesn't change the fact that the Isle of the Dead is almost as popular among wanna-bes as The Kiss.
I only confirmed your assessment that Böcklin's Toteninsel is popular among wann-bes and under 'true' artists with countless interpretations. Despite that i like the third version (not because of the Führer), i still don't get the fascination for the Toteninsel.
Ok i admit that i had the Giger's version hanging for countless years over my desk, with other of his 'innocent' works.

I think they tried to bridge PST & Numanuma literally by having...
a NPC called O, the same one from PST.
This is quite a shity move from inXile.

Last edited:

PatataFamilia

Novice
There were a ton of references to PST. The most notable one was:
the last castoff was named Adahn. Adahn was the name you used when you lied about your name.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"In Chapter 2, The Nameless One meets Drizzt and Elminster sitting in a bar and drinking a toast to how much Eberron both sucks and can go suck it."

GOLD.

But, have those two ever atcually met in novels or elsewhere?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"In Chapter 2, The Nameless One meets Drizzt and Elminster sitting in a bar and drinking a toast to how much Eberron both sucks and can go suck it."

GOLD.

But, have those two ever atcually met in novels or elsewhere?

Drizzt and Elminster? Not as far as I know. I haven't followed FR-books in some time, but a quick google search says no, as of a few years ago, at least.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
There were a ton of references to PST. The most notable one was:
the last castoff was named Adahn. Adahn was the name you used when you lied about your name.

You're not Adahn, it's the name of one of the other castoffs and people confuse you with him/her, apparently Adahn is a unisex name.

Anyway, just a hamfisted PST reference, that didn't go anywhere. FFS, the Adahn part in PST was borderline genius, here it's just:

- durrr ur Adahn right?
- no, no, I'm not
- oh ok

mitochondritom

Educated
Another call back is you can pay the Chiurgoen in Sagus Cliffs to remove your eye and replace with a new eye that triggers ~memories~

One of the worst parts of Numenera is its desperate call backs to its superior predecessor. It really fails on its attempts to hide this shit and comes across as terrible fourth wall breaking winking.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh oh. We've got a leaker!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom