Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So I guess TB is withholding all comments on his video? Why? Is he that easily triggered that he needs a safe space in general, or does he know he's going o get some trashtalk for his shilling on this game in particular?
He's been doing that for years IIRC. Forgot the reason. Anyway:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus you'd think that with the short amount of time this guy has left on this earth he'd stop jabbering on about the menu options for half an hour on his videos.

I don't really pay attention to him recently, but I think he managed to beat the second attack of ass cancer it's not a death sentence now.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So I guess TB is withholding all comments on his video? Why? Is he that easily triggered that he needs a safe space in general, or does he know he's going o get some trashtalk for his shilling on this game in particular?
He's been doing that for years IIRC. Forgot the reason. Anyway:

5 freaking minutes and infinitely better than TotalCasual's review.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
He has terminal liver cancer. Although a Twitter Update from January Said the Tumor us shrinking and the doctors Five him an actual chance to beat the cancer now.

Freddie

Savant

Sorry I'm stuck to this, I would brofist as hell if I could but at least I can do this.

So 'replay in slowmotion': So what we have here, $ 40 million product. 5 years in the making, published by EA and all their marketing power.

And even people who try to shill the game, their best effort comes to this:
He actually suggested putting helmets on party NPCs as a way to deal with the bad animations. :shittydog:

Again, $ 40 million...

So did we had kinda defining moment here, or can it possibly get even better than this?

I'm so thrilled to see where this ends up.

Sykar

Arcane
In the new SJWified Star Wars movie, everyone is essentially asexual and celibate
Well, the negro obviously has a crush on the white girl and I here the next film features a full on interracial romance.

tbh, I'd much rather no romance than SJW cringe degeneracy.

Nonsense, a bonafide cuckhold is incoming and we can watch the "black bull" fucking the shit out of her and a white cuck can clean with his tongue after them after watching them in a masturbatory way, apologizing for coming too early. Just cause it is all :incloosive:.

:troll:

Drakron

Arcane

He been doing that for a while now, he really cannot handle criticism or contrary opinions.

Lhynn

Arcane
Im talking about consequences of the mission, also losing a member of your team in not a MEANINGFUL consequences because your can always replace him with a new one and nothing much changes in the story.
So the choice is bad because i didnt entirely alter the progression of the game? :lol:

Thats what I mean when I say you have low standards and shit taste in games, Kaiden and Ashley were bland and boring characters.
I chose to think they were grounded and normal. And it was much needed after all the strange shit you had going on both in the plot and in your own ship. You fail to grasp the value of normal people in an fantastic tale, but you fail at so many things this isnt surprising.

Talk about being delusional fanboy.

We are talking about a same thing, they wanted to create a dramatic event, you claim its a coincidence they put in the center of it two of your romantic interest, what Im saying they did it intentionally for cheap emotional engagement.
Half the crew was a romantic interest, these were the only two soldiers in it under your command. Nice try tho, you almost make an argument worth a shit, thats a first.

So let me explain again if you have if you have a two choices, one to save few and one to save many its easy/natural to choose to save many especially when you dont have any real connection to characters in question. Next part on sentence was how to bypass this problem.
So how in your mind was this sentence me demanding the scene be a non choice, when it was nothing more then explaining the problem with the scene, please explain?
Except the planet wasnt under your command, it wasnt your responsability, those people were. The whole choice as framed as you being in charge of them, it would have lost all meaning if you were just picking between saving a planet or saving your banging buddy. The choice you propose adds less to the narrative and manages to bypass the only part of the decision that is hard "who do i send to die. Who do I kill? These people put their lives on my hands."

That was mostly just my rant about poor and limited way Bioware deal with offering choices and delivering consequences. My point was that the limited choice of that scene prevents any real meaningful impact on the story making everything pointless. You choose between the two people who will die, but the mission will be a success no matter what you choose. Giving you a option to abandon the mission to save companions with negative consequences on the story would be a logical third option in that scene.
Sure, more impactful choices would be better, if thats your whole point its fucking retarded. I can come up with deeply impactful choices too, why cant you side with saren? why cant you just quit the military and spend your last days dancing at the bar?
Its a nice exercise in "what ifs" but it isnt relevant to the discussion at hand, and neither is the point you are trying to make.

But it doesnt impact anything, you get someone else to follow you
Sounds like an impact to me.
few people mention it and thats it.
Sounds like an impact to me.

Hardly a meaningful consequence especially for someone like me who didnt care at all about the character.
If you are playing a storyfag game with poor gunplay for the story but dont manage to care for the story why the fuck are you playing? are you retarded?

Bioware did alternative paths few times in their games, they could have here if they wanted but they didint.
I think its a little more complicated than "they just didnt want to make more content"

Why, because to them that scene was nothing more then a forced dramatic moment to add some emoshun to the game.
The logic doesnt follow. At the end of the day they commited to this choice far more than any other choice in the game.

Two soldiers I dont care about, truly a difficult choice.
Really doesnt matter if you care about your soldiers or dont, the fact is you sent one to die. Narratively speaking that meant something, it had an impact, but at the end of the day it was just one more casualty of war.

Also Im sure you know that if something is popular it doesnt mean its good.
Fair point

You now sound like PoE apologist.
No i dont, PoE did nothing competently

Wasting time driving in Mako on a randomly generated maps and doing fetch quests to inflate game time?
As far as i know they werent randomly generated. And they were rarely fetch quests too. Tho some of them were shit, like getting the krogan armor, or helping the woman get rid of her criminal sister if i remember correctly.

I agree that there are some interesting bits in the ME lore and I agree that its obvious that it shows that many people enjoyed working on the game. Yet I still find the story and the characters bland and boring, Mako nothing but a chore just like almost all side quests, Citadel was interesting at start but you really get tired of white corridors and elevators, I hated combat in every game and overall the game was too underwhelming
Adjust expectations, this wasnt a work of art or anything, it had some interesting lore, mostly lifted from sci fi shows. it had a few interesting characters. The quarians were good, so where the krogans. I liked the citadel and the truth behind the keepers, which made me appreciate the quest at the start of the game when an NPC has you spying on them. Little details like that.
Thing is you cant really say this is mediocre, when theres so much mediocre games lying around, games like sword coast legends or bound by flame or the myriad of stuff that isnt outright hated. It is certainly one cut above most games.

Now I dont care you or anyone else enjoying this game, I know I enjoy many shitty games despite them being shitty. But I do have a problem with people claiming this is a well written game with a great plot, thats its better then other shit so that makes it good, saying it deserves to be placed on Codex top 70 RPG list. Im sorry if anyone make any of those statements I will call them autistic.
Its a well written game, the plot is nothing new, ancient evil wakes up, you need to stop it! But i liked how it was approached, the main quest has you gathering information, going to ancient places and trying to reconstruct the past, it was certainly good enough. Plus just on the space opera novelty it scored some points. We get medieval fantasy RPGs every other week, this was certainly refreshing back then and it would probably be better recieved today than it was back then, especially after ME3 and MEA, or Mars: war logs, or Technomancer. Compared to those this game is pretty cool.

As for the top 70, youd be hard pressed to find 20 RPGs that could be considered great, and its mostly a popularity contest anyway.

---

Arcane
9vq38w2jdtny.jpg

Total Biscuit is such a casual. Spends most of his time on things like UI and gashing over the combat/jumpjets etc. Actually says the writing is mostly decent. smh
I watched a bit of his stream. He was in full fanboy mode with this game.
He actually suggested putting helmets on party NPCs as a way to deal with the bad animations. :shittydog:

He also says that the mineral mining mini-game in this is worse than either the planet probing in 2 and the Mako gathering in 1. How in God's name do you make something worse than that? As well when I was watching the review he ignored countless glitches in the Nexus base. Basically I think he was just trying to be balanced, but overcompensated as a result. I don't actually think he's too much to blame for that. If you keep hearing something is terrible then you often come out saying, well it's not that bad. In the end though he still sounded like if he could lower his massive ego to give it a score out of ten then he would score it a 7 or 7 and a half, which is what it's getting on average.

If he went into the game blind though I guess he'd be much more critical.

Also if you watch the video where he gives an example of what he considers a "normal," conversation, he mentions the animations are dire, but the writing isn't so bad, plus the camera angles are dodgy. He fails to mention though the guy you are talking to and his bodyguards disappear completely after you finish speaking:D (I've linked to the right time)

I'm glad he's getting over his cancer and got a chance of recovering and wish him well , my comment before might have seemed flippant, but I don't wish the guy any harm and I do enjoy lot's of stuff he does. But just spending 20 minutes or so on key bindings and menus and another 10 or so on showing you how to look at the planet map is a bit of a ball ache to sit through, especially when the video goes on for another hour and a half.

In the new SJWified Star Wars movie, everyone is essentially asexual and celibate
Well, the negro obviously has a crush on the white girl and I here the next film features a full on interracial romance.

tbh, I'd much rather no romance than SJW cringe degeneracy.

Nonsense, a bonafide cuckhold is incoming and we can watch the "black bull" fucking the shit out of her and a white cuck can clean with his tongue after them after watching them in a masturbatory way, apologizing for coming too early. Just cause it is all :incloosive:.

:troll:

Oh God now I'm hoping Bioware survives so they include a romance with a cuck option in the next game:D

-I like you too
-Sorry there's someone else
-I like men/aliens
-I like you too but there's someone else, another man/alien, someone I'd like you to meet.
-I'm too old for this shit.

pippin

But just spending 20 minutes or so on key bindings and menus and another 10 or so on showing you how to look at the planet map

Well, he does care about optimization and menus, so you'll have to expect a lot of rambling about this in a TB video.

Lhynn

Arcane
Oh God now I'm hoping Bioware survives so they include a romance with a cuck option in the next game:D

-I like you too
-I like men/aliens
-I like you too but there's someone else, another man/alien, someone I'd like you to meet.
I just hope theres an achievement locked behind that :lol:
I could finally die in peace.

pippin

Every ME game has had achievements for romancing the companions, though. The fake controversies about the achievement for MEA were a bit sad imo.

Total Biscuit is such a casual. Spends most of his time on things like UI and gashing over the combat/jumpjets etc. Actually says the writing is mostly decent. smh

Sometimes he's Mr. Contrarian, and revels in it. He thinks people are judging the game solely on Gifs and hearsay, ignoring the five billion streams available. That people right now are watching some Lets Player lose his mind over the state of the game. He goes on and on in other videos about how life is short and you need to be blunt about the quality of a game.

Then proceeds to excuse Andromeda's horseshit.

-I like you too
-I like men/aliens
I just hope theres an achievement locked behind that :lol:
I could finally die in peace.

You get to access a secret room, your very own cuckpod on board the ship, then when you get let out, you get a special romance animation of you cleaning up the bedsheets.

Mark Richard

Arcane
You make it sound like he was trying to downplay the animations when he was insulting them. 'I call it paperbag-on-head mode' he says, voice dripping with contempt.

pippin

salaciousbcrumb

re: your wtf rating

I think ME1 does give you several achievements when it comes to romancing characters. I'm not 100% sure about the sequels, but if you wanted to 100% ME1 you had to romance straight people too (which was the criticism behind romance in MEA, that there was a straight romance and this made a faggot angry).

He has terminal liver cancer. Although a Twitter Update from January Said the Tumor us shrinking and the doctors Five him an actual chance to beat the cancer now.
i'm sure it's an old and answered already question, but i never cared. just curiosity: what makes it sure that it's not some prolonged publicity stunt? people fake anything all the time.

pippin

I don't know if a guy who has had cancer before would do that. Even after you beat cancer there's a chance it might return.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom