Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 16: The Banalcing

sqeecoo

Arcane
Not an alt, he's Malakal's friend he brought in for D33 from somewhere in the great internet wilderness beyond the walls of the Codex. Since he backstabbed me in D33 we naturally struck up a friendly conversation over steam.

Hey, it's a mod game. People who thought they picked overpowered nations will be disappointed! I'm counting on a hot fix from Johannes just before the game starts.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ermor! Interesting. Do you consider it weak/strong/mediocre? I like the theme but can't figure out how to play it at the level where it can compete with elves/giants/blood. Guess I'll see :D

Johannes

Arcane
Hard to rate them power-wise, there's a lot of things you can do with Ermor but none are particularly strong alone. And you're relying on unarmored human mages, which always can be problematic later on. They're not among the strongest nor the weakest nation, but somewhere in the ambiguous middle - like most nations.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No summons and complete reliance on recruitable stuff is one thing. Good D access gives you some late game tho.

sqeecoo

Arcane
How does good D give you a late game? I mean, spells (there's decent stuff, that I know) or summons? Not enough to get Tarts, so I'm not sure that there's anything gamechanging with the summons, I mean Spectres and such are decent I guess but nothing amazing :)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How does good D give you a late game? I mean, spells (there's decent stuff, that I know) or summons? Not enough to get Tarts, so I'm not sure that there's anything gamechanging with the summons, I mean Spectres and such are decent I guess but nothing amazing :)

Tarts obviously, good D gives you good site searching ability and allows to amass D needed for tarts. Also good summons in D, spectres, wraiths, liches.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh, so you'd empower one lich or such for Tarts? Guess that makes sense, I think I did it as well, and I agree that those summons are good. Ok, glad I wasn't missing anything. Now pick a nation Malakal!

I hate Lanka in my test games :D

Johannes

Arcane

Tarts obviously, good D gives you good site searching ability and allows to amass D needed for tarts. Also good summons in D, spectres, wraiths, liches.
I don't think Tarts are a big consideration unless you can cast GoH as well. Getting mages / boosters to repeatedly cast a D7 spell just takes too much effort and the effect comes so late, more ofte than not the game's already decided by the time you'd get a proper return on the investment.

Massing Wights, Ghosts, casting Ghost Riders etc. is usually a better use of the endgame D mages / gems / boosters.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I don't think Tarts are a big consideration unless you can cast GoH as well. Getting mages / boosters to repeatedly cast a D7 spell just takes too much effort and the effect comes so late, more ofte than not the game's already decided by the time you'd get a proper return on the investment.

Massing Wights, Ghosts, casting Ghost Riders etc. is usually a better use of the endgame D mages / gems / boosters.

Thats why its called LATE game.

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Malakal you still too afraid, or will you join up?
Zzz when will you be getting back?

Also, nation picks if one / both of you are in.

I pick Ermor myself.
I'm back late on 3rd April. Edit: I'll try out Pangaea.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Is there an interesting nation left?

Maggot - Niefelheim
Anhur - Caelum
Mondblut - Vanheim
Johannes - Ermor
Sqeekoo - Lanka
Shas - Mictlan
coldcrow - Yomi
KoolNoodles - Kailasa
Harpsichord - TNN
Zzz - Pangaea
4th July - Hinnom

Al UW (but the mod is sadly lacking in UW options). Sauro, Mictlan, Pans, Xibalba are still open and they are all "fun". Xibalba particularly so.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Is there an interesting nation left?

Maggot - Niefelheim
Anhur - Caelum
Mondblut - Vanheim
Johannes - Ermor
Sqeekoo - Lanka
Shas - Mictlan
coldcrow - Yomi
KoolNoodles - Kailasa
Harpsichord - TNN
Zzz - Pangaea
4th July - Hinnom

Al UW (but the mod is sadly lacking in UW options). Sauro, Mictlan, Pans, Xibalba are still open and they are all "fun". Xibalba particularly so.

Mictlan and Pan taken, but there's Berytos? If there's any way to do coastal start. You got Agartha, Fomoria, TC, Abysia.....what is interesting though?

Initial draft done. Rate my pretender design!

FY5ZduQ.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom