Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Cleveland Mark Blakemore can you share any of the ideas you have for your next game? I always thought grimoire seemed a bit vanilla for the guy who escaped the LA riots by shooting a gas canister in mid-air with a desert eagle at some point iirc. Is the next game's setting more intense?

or is there some crazy stuff in grimoire I missed in all the trailers

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
7e3.jpg

Can someone replace the UFO in this image with a flying golden baby? Thanks in advance.
dw2aom.jpg

hello friend

Arcane
Spiritual successor to Dead State, only vastly improved. Instead of zombies you've got niggers and hooligans, liberals cowering in their apartments - you can rescue them but they'll prolly stab you in the back for being a horrible person. FEMA camps, walmart tunnels, Jade Helm, bunker management and redneck militias. I'd play the shit out of that.

Weasel
Cleveland Mark Blakemore can you share any of the ideas you have for your next game? I always thought grimoire seemed a bit vanilla for the guy who escaped the LA riots by shooting a gas canister in mid-air with a desert eagle at some point iirc. Is the next game's setting more intense?

or is there some crazy stuff in grimoire I missed in all the trailers

I remember reading about one of his game ideas years ago... it involved a "famous survivalist" keeping a brain in a jar alive (think the brain belonged to one of his loved ones) while ITZ kicked-off. Will have to dig it up, seemed pretty Blakemorian.

Wizfall

Cipher
I can't believe almost a single person is able to make a Wizardry 7 game even in 20+ years.
But i could not believe anything as big and playable as the demo existed either so...this is already amazing and unbelievable.
Would love to play the full game.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
My wishlist for 2017:

- That the top 70 list of the Codex is updated by the incline of real cRPGs such as Grimoire, Battle Brothers, Underrail and Age of Decadence, and become more friendly to grognards.

- That SJW studios such as Bioware go out of business.

- That SJW developers such as Colin McCuck make shit games and lead their employers to the ground.

A man can only hope.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
My wishlist for 2017:

- That the top 70 list of the Codex is updated by the incline of real cRPGs such as Grimoire, Battle Brothers, Underrail and Age of Decadence, and become more friendly to grognards.

- That SJW studios, such as Bioware, go out of business.

- That SJW developers, such as Colin McCuck, make shit games and lead their employers to the ground.

A man can only hope.
Is he working on Bard's Tale 4? I fucking hope not.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
first time i log into steam in ages and sure enough grimoire is the first game in my queue :incline:

Cleve you fucking cocksucker, no more excuses from this moment on.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Invictus, are you excited?
Of course... but not too keen on the Early Access idea; seems it will stay in Early Access for a while for the bugs and adding in some more features and only after that it will go to GOG as a complete version
So we are still a bit a far away from me actually playing the game since I dont do early access nor steam

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Of course... but not too keen on the Early Access idea; seems it will stay in Early Access for a while for the bugs and adding in some more features and only after that it will go to GOG as a complete version

Right, that makes sense. So it'll stay in Early Access forever with the new superdemo, the backers won't get anything in the near future and neither will it be on GOG any time soon.

I knew this part of the announcement is the true sticking point:

Cleve says:

The plan is to release it on Steam and let it percolate for a while. Tweak it in response to feedback and add improvements not present in it initially, like new graphics and gui widgets here and there.

Once it has seasoned like a fine wine and brought much happiness, a new release on GOG with all new map areas, enhanced gameplay and features as the "El Maximo Food Of Champions" Grimoire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom