Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

RPGMasterLvl2

Novice
10z48ed.jpg

Biodrone Defense Force at full operational capacity.

:salute:

Des

Educated

Dunno if this has been posted yet. Hilarious if the allegations are true.

I would be very surprised if the allegations were not true. The project management outsourced the facial animations to save costs. Thats how big companies operate.

The extreme political correctness stuff has been known for years. The real women argument is the stupidest thing ive heard this year. WTF does that even mean? Dont beautiful women actually exist? Are there only fat and ugly women in North America? Is that their main target audience now? In what fucking world do they live in??

Nu Bioware is the harbinger of mediocrity, a company made of pure decline.
:decline:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I would honestly give my left nut to be a fly on the wall in Bioware right now. What are they thinking? They lived in their little Canadian bubble for so long, feeling so certain about their worldview, feeling strong and epowered in the company of the like-minded. And suddenly the entire world is openly laughing at them for being total fools.

Are they in a siege mode? Thinking "everyone is a shitlord, we'll be understood in 50 years"? Or did the ice-cold shower woke a few people up from the trance?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I would honestly give my left nut to be a fly on the wall in Bioware right now. What are they thinking? They lived in their little Canadian bubble for so long, feeling so certain about their worldview, feeling strong and epowered in the company of the like-minded. And suddenly the entire world is openly laughing at them for being total fools.

Are they in a siege mode? Thinking "everyone is a shitlord, we'll be understood in 50 years"? Or did the ice-cold shower woke a few people up from the trance?
This is a company that announces a countdown to the release of patch notes...

They are so far gone into their special snowflake rabbit hole that there is no coming back.

pippin

This kind of people does not have the posssibility of being wrong in their mindset

Whenever I read this thread's title for some reason I read it as "prospermierda" and I have a chuckle. That's what this game's good for!

back in my day people like that belonged to an asylum, and coincidentally the world was a better place.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
back in my day people like that belonged to an asylum, and coincidentally the world was a better place.

Bioware aren't crazy; they are just stuck in an echo chamber; Bioware has being pushing its pappy centrist feel-good message with stunning consistency and force. They just think that the right kind of watered-down, surface-deep faux identity politics will sell their games. They are right about their games selling because of the messaging, but not in the way they think.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

I'm highly skeptical. Between the inside comments we've had from developers talking about toxic culture, mis management and lack of social cohesion, I'm incredibly dubious about
it all being managements fault. Rather, it sounds like a bunch of developers don't want their reputations ruined and are discreetly reaching out to try and lay the brunt of the
blame on the management. Especially when the former animations and lighting from the demos of ME:A compared to the finished product. That's not to say I believe it's all the
developers fault and not those in charge, I believe both are equally inept at their jobs. Of course there's most likely talented developers there, considering they have over 100
people working on andromeda and some of the models and textures are imprssive, but other areas are obviously lacking, which I doubt are the fault of external factors, when the
trailers that have been shown in comparison to the released product show a massive decrease in lighting, texturing, facial animations as well as animations in general when it comes
to the finished product.

Deleted member 7219

I'm highly skeptical. Between the inside comments we've had from developers talking about toxic culture, mis management and lack of social cohesion, I'm incredibly dubious about
it all being managements fault. Rather, it sounds like a bunch of developers don't want their reputations ruined and are discreetly reaching out to try and lay the brunt of the
blame on the management. Especially when the former animations and lighting from the demos of ME:A compared to the finished product. That's not to say I believe it's all the
developers fault and not those in charge, I believe both are equally inept at their jobs. Of course there's most likely talented developers there, considering they have over 100
people working on andromeda and some of the models and textures are imprssive, but other areas are obviously lacking, which I doubt are the fault of external factors, when the
trailers that have been shown in comparison to the released product show a massive decrease in lighting, texturing, facial animations as well as animations in general when it comes
to the finished product.

Hi, you're new here so I'll give you some advice.
You don't need to enter manual returns like this.
There's no need to do that. This site will arrange the text for you automatically (just like a Word document does).

I like the idea that the management could be a bunch of autists who just want to see pretty ships and planets and don't even look at characters or recognize when they are animating poorly.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw I've reinstalled ME2 just to have a fresh comparison between the best ME and the worst and holy jumping Jesus did I forget how fucking godawful UE3 in this game is. This fucking engine was long obsolete in ME1, it looks horrendous, the hit detection is all over the place, it's still bugged after all those years and the movement, THE MOVEMENT....holy shit kill me now. The sluggish jog will drive you crazy within the first 10 minutes and the 2-second sprint where you're locked in the forward direction simply must've been a sadistic joke on the part of Bioware.

Oh and the combat is a total ass too btw. A lot of nostalgiafaggotry about this game that's for sure. Engine and combat-wise ME2 feels like a shitty relic from 2004. But the difference between writing, characters and pacing, as compared to MEA, is immediately obvious. Whatever Codex thinks of Bioware their writers and designers DID know what they were doing back in the day. Too bad they all left or were kicked out just in time when Bioware got Frostbite to play with. MEA could've been an entertaining shitty game instead of just shitty.

J1M

Arcane
Btw I've reinstalled ME2 just to have a fresh comparison between the best ME and the worst and holy jumping Jesus did I forget how fucking godawful UE3 in this game is. This fucking engine was long obsolete in ME1, it looks horrendous, the hit detection is all over the place, it's still bugged after all those years and the movement, THE MOVEMENT....holy shit kill me now. The sluggish jog will drive you crazy within the first 10 minutes and the 2-second sprint where you're locked in the forward direction simply must've been a sadistic joke on the part of Bioware.

Oh and the combat is a total ass too btw. A lot of nostalgiafaggotry about this game that's for sure. Engine and combat-wise ME2 feels like a shitty relic from 2004. But the difference between writing, characters and pacing, as compared to MEA, is immediately obvious. Whatever Codex thinks of Bioware their writers and designers DID know what they were doing back in the day. Too bad they all left or were kicked out just in time when Bioware got Frostbite to play with. MEA could've been an entertaining shitty game instead of just shitty.
Sorry, no. The movement restrictions and similar were choices bioware made, you cannot blame the unreal engine for them.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane

Only good ME is 1, the rest are shit or/and have aged horribly.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Dude I'm not even sure about that. Played ME1 once, like 10 years ago. I feel if I reinstalled now I'd be vomiting all the time as well.

I remember I was VERY impressed by the writing and plot, miles above the videogame standard. Even tho, as a giant fan of Alastair Reynolds, it's clear Bioware stole some tropes from his books. But I also remember the combat was barely passable and the Mako episodes pissed me off to no end. Still, as a renowned hater of Baldur's Gate, I have ME1 pegged as the best Bioware game ever and I'm happy with that state of affairs. Not gonna risk replaying it.

Lhynn

Arcane

Dude I'm not even sure about that. Played ME1 once, like 10 years ago. I feel if I reinstalled now I'd be vomiting all the time as well.

I remember I was VERY impressed by the writing and plot, miles above the videogame standard. Even tho, as a giant fan of Alastair Reynolds, it's clear Bioware stole some tropes from his books. But I also remember the combat was barely passable and the Mako episodes pissed me off to no end. Still, as a renowned hater of Baldur's Gate, I have ME1 pegged as the best Bioware game ever and I'm happy with that state of affairs. Not gonna risk replaying it.
Eh, rather think he paid homage to a ton of different influences. I would enjoy playing it again for the first time, but i wouldnt replay it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom