Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nitpicky NWN 1 question thread

Sherry

Arcane
You are stuck on the first stage of the first side quest available to you in the first act of the OC. This makes you a 'tard.
I thought you had me on ignore? Are you gonna help me or not

Edit: I just found the house thank you for giving me the burning desire of hatred so as to tip the scales in my favor. Jokes on you, I win again.

Hi.

I am happy to help you if you get stuck or need some guidance again Barnabas do not worry okay? :salute: NWN was a lot of fun in Ch2 it was my favorite part of the game but it has a lot of weak points so I will try to remember quests if you remind me what chapter you are in. I do not know what is up with Lilura right because they have this really informative blog on NWN and other games with lots of detail to assist new players to the game and post here a lot but then you look away for a moment and you are dealing with some shadow demon with a forked tongue when they were so helpful a few days ago so I do not understand. Anyways even I can have a bad day too but do my best not to take it out on anyone so when I can rate posts no one would ever get a pile of poo from me as an example.

Right now I am looking forward to playing more of Darkness of Daggerford this weekend but will be around if you find yourself stuck I guess you can post here because you might not be the only one who gets stuck and we can help other new players to the game right if they read this post and get stuck too right? :cool:

Playing the campaign taught me a lot of how the mechanics of the game works so stick with it even through some of the boring parts but you might not find those parts boring but it is a good launching pad into a lot of the free games other people have made they are called modules. See you!

Thanks,
Sherry

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
You are stuck on the first stage of the first side quest available to you in the first act of the OC. This makes you a 'tard.
I thought you had me on ignore? Are you gonna help me or not

Edit: I just found the house thank you for giving me the burning desire of hatred so as to tip the scales in my favor. Jokes on you, I win again.

Hi.

I am happy to help you if you get stuck or need some guidance again Barnabas do not worry okay? :salute: NWN was a lot of fun in Ch2 it was my favorite part of the game but it has a lot of weak points so I will try to remember quests if you remind me what chapter you are in. I do not know what is up with Lilura right because they have this really informative blog on NWN and other games with lots of detail to assist new players to the game and post here a lot but then you look away for a moment and you are dealing with some shadow demon with a forked tongue when they were so helpful a few days ago so I do not understand. Anyways even I can have a bad day too but do my best not to take it out on anyone so when I can rate posts no one would ever get a pile of poo from me as an example.

Right now I am looking forward to playing more of Darkness of Daggerford this weekend but will be around if you find yourself stuck I guess you can post here because you might not be the only one who gets stuck and we can help other new players to the game right if they read this post and get stuck too right? :cool:

Playing the campaign taught me a lot of how the mechanics of the game works so stick with it even through some of the boring parts but you might not find those parts boring but it is a good launching pad into a lot of the free games other people have made they are called modules. See you!

Thanks,
Sherry

Thank you for the kind words, you're one of the nicest people on Codex. I thank Jesus everyday for your arrival and I feel blessed to be sharing the same web space as you. If I ever need help I will seek you. I heard DoD was really good so you should enjoy it. Liluras put downs almost made me quit the game but with your words I feel strong enough to carry on until complete victory is mine.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
You mean the other thread where I was being friendly asking questions and you responded by rating my posts shit? You are not a victim dindu

hal900x

Augur
What is with thinking I'm playing the OC, fercrissake? The OC is awful. Hordes of the Underdark on the other hand, although still RTwP, is fun. Vampire monks, Mindflayer colonies, an insane Archwizard, good voice acting, humor, etc. Plus, if you keep ti to a small party size the RTwP isn't too bad, as you don't have to constantly micro-manage combat.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm replaying Hordes of the Underdark at the moment and am absolutely loving it. I've chosen to go without any companions and this improves the experience greatly, though I am running a cleric, so I do have meat shields available if need be.

In the very first dungeon of the game you even get the chance to kill a Blue Dragon if you want. That was a tidy 2900 exp. That first dungeon also has traps galore, puzzles, fighting a mirror image of yourself, Ogre mage bosses who speak eloquently, he was worth about 3200 exp, portals that zoom you to new locations, exits that take you deeper into the dungeon, faction conflicts, shed loads of unique loot, loads of secret rooms, loads of companion variety, comedy light relief NPCs and companions, incredible monster variety and probably lots of other stuff I can't even think of right now.

And that's just half the first level of the first dungeon!

I dunno if it was a fluke or if someone drank a pint of T after 'having a dream', but whatever it was I'm so glad they made this game, it's worth 20 average 100 hourer cRPGs combined. And I don't praise games easy...

Edit: I was also amused to discover killing myself was only worth 650 exp, lol. (average grunts are worth 62 exp)

Last edited:

hal900x

Augur
I've chosen to go without any companions and this improves the experience greatly

The combat is more fun solo, but you are really missing out on some great voice acting and writing. Deekin is my favorite companion ever. I just run with him, and with stealth characters I leave him outside, for later assistance carrying loot. He is perfectly played as the comedic relief, and I think he's also the only npc you can control the choice of multiclass of.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I've chosen to go without any companions and this improves the experience greatly

The combat is more fun solo, but you are really missing out on some great voice acting and writing. Deekin is my favorite companion ever. I just run with him, and with stealth characters I leave him outside, for later assistance carrying loot. He is perfectly played as the comedic relief, and I think he's also the only npc you can control the choice of multiclass of.

I'm not because I'm replaying it and have experienced all of that before. If it's your first time then definitely go with Deekin, you'll find his picture posted by me on the thread entitled best companions ever...

the_shadow

Arcane
I'm replaying Hordes of the Underdark at the moment and am absolutely loving it. I've chosen to go without any companions and this improves the experience greatly, though I am running a cleric, so I do have meat shields available if need be.

In the very first dungeon of the game you even get the chance to kill a Blue Dragon if you want. That was a tidy 2900 exp. That first dungeon also has traps galore, puzzles, fighting a mirror image of yourself, Ogre mage bosses who speak eloquently, he was worth about 3200 exp, portals that zoom you to new locations, exits that take you deeper into the dungeon, faction conflicts, shed loads of unique loot, loads of secret rooms, loads of companion variety, comedy light relief NPCs and companions, incredible monster variety and probably lots of other stuff I can't even think of right now.

I dunno if it was a fluke or if someone drank a pint of T after 'having a dream', but whatever it was I'm so glad they made this game, it's worth 20 average 100 hourer cRPGs combined. And I don't praise games easy...

Edit: I was also amused to discover killing myself was only worth 650 exp, lol. (average grunts are worth 62 exp)

HoU is amazing, although I don't think many people get around to playing it because they are burnt out from playing the OC. Playing through the OC is almost mandatory for me if I want to play HoU, since I find being dumped into a scenario at a very high level to be very jarring. I have to grow into my characters when it comes to RPGs.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

HoU is amazing, although I don't think many people get around to playing it because they are burnt out from playing the OC. Playing through the OC is almost mandatory for me if I want to play HoU, since I find being dumped into a scenario at a very high level to be very jarring. I have to grow into my characters when it comes to RPGs.

With the Diamond Edition this is no longer necessary, for this run I started in Kingmaker and then took my character from that through the loot hunting scenario then into Undrentide then onto Hordes, I started Hordes at level 15 and am already only 500xp from level 17. You also get an amazing weapon in Kingmaker that'll last you the whole game. You get +3 armour from the loot scenario.

Edit: You can start Undrentide at level 1 as well anyway. There really is no point in doing the OC.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I have no idea what that abbreviation means..."

FUCK THAT FUCK HIM FUCK YOU.

"Edit: You can start Undrentide at level 1 as well anyway. There really is no point in doing the OC."

Espicially since Hordes is emant to be a continuation of SOU not the OC sicne the OC brings up to 18-20th by the end while SOu leads into HOTU.

"You also get an amazing weapon in Kingmaker that'll last you the whole game."

But why? Why take an overpwoered game into a game/mod like HOTu that wil, give you opurntunity to find other overpwoered weapons that fit the mod as itnended? No need for you to loot and explore if you alreayd got a top teir weapon before you even start. <>

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
"I have no idea what that abbreviation means..."

FUCK THAT FUCK HIM FUCK YOU.

"Edit: You can start Undrentide at level 1 as well anyway. There really is no point in doing the OC."

Espicially since Hordes is emant to be a continuation of SOU not the OC sicne the OC brings up to 18-20th by the end while SOu leads into HOTU.

"You also get an amazing weapon in Kingmaker that'll last you the whole game."

But why? Why take an overpwoered game into a game/mod like HOTu that wil, give you opurntunity to find other overpwoered weapons that fit the mod as itnended? No need for you to loot and explore if you alreayd got a top teir weapon before you even start. <>

Because at the start of Hordes you have all your stuff stolen anyway and the money to buy it all back immediately is much appreciated. By the time you get your kit back you'll be near the blacksmith who'll make you a similar weapon but it'll cost less as you already have some effects crafted onto it.

The overpowering is just to speed you through the mostly dull Undrentide, until that game gets a bit better towards the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom