Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Fairfax

Arcane
They also speculated that Beamdog might do Arcanum: EE :/.
Seemed like the guy was kidding, though. He didn't even know who owned it, and MCA basically said "good luck getting that from Activision".

MCA said he (they) would prefer if Nameless One could also be a woman :argh:. How much did they pay him to say that?
He's talked about that in older interviews as well.

throwaway

Cipher
Another thing that Philip Daigle mentioned is that apparently the M in PST's logo was supposed to allude to a person getting crucified. That lines up quite well with the existence (and later removal) of Christianity themes in the game mentioned by the Tim Donley at some point during this interview.

Fairfax

Arcane
Hey, Fairfax, wanted to apologize – I’ve been silent for a while, mostly because of work (PSTEE, Divinity 2, and other unannounced stuff) and because I had to do other interviews (for work, which will become apparent).

So if you see some interviews cropping up, they were either (1) recorded and transcribed – like Glixel (which I did at GDC) or (2) I had to do them for a project I’m on.

I'll be gone next week (at Reboot, with Tim Cain and T-Ray, talking about Fallout), but I'll try to get in gear when I return.

Interview will be back on track soon.

:mca:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
No livestream for both.
Any clues at to whether these will ever hit the net?

If it's anything like last year, it might take a while, and some might not hit at all. But maybe those Croats will improve this year.
Are all the panels from last year available? Could only find like 10 of them on youtube. Guess it was the ones that were live-streamed?
Hope the two panels above come up, even if the Fallout one is likely just a bunch of stories they've told before elsewhere...

Some other stuff on there that sounds interesting but isn't livestreamed too. Dave Gibbons one and Chris Taylor's Total Annihilation retrospective especially.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Are all the panels from last year available? Could only find like 10 of them on youtube. Guess it was the ones that were live-streamed?
Hope the two panels above come up, even if the Fallout one is likely just a bunch of stories they've told before elsewhere...

Some other stuff on there that sounds interesting but isn't livestreamed too. Dave Gibbons one and Chris Taylor's Total Annihilation retrospective especially.

Chris Talyor's talk will be livestreamed. Here's livestream schedule FYI: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-19-watch-highlights-from-reboot-develop-streamed-live

[Note: All times are UK summer time. Local time is one hour ahead.]

Thursday

9am: Alen Ladavac, Croteam - The Game Developer's Meaning of Life
In this opening keynote, co-founder and CTO Alen Ladavac gives an insight into what fuels Croteam, one of Croatia's best-known success stories.

10.30am: Patrice Desilets, Panache Digital - From Triple A to Triple I
Having built one of gaming's biggest franchises in Assassin's Creed, Desilets is back with his own studio, working on episodic title Ancestors. Expect exclusive reveals.

11.30am: Mario Mirek, G2A - Live interview with Dan Pearson
They've been accused of facilitating crime, mistreating customers and alienating developers. What answers does G2A have for the industry's questions?

Friday

9am: Suda51, Grasshopper Studios - Morning with Suda51
Grasshopper founder and lovable enfant terrible Goichi Suda opens up about his career so far and what's next. Should be a bracing start to day two.

1.30pm: Cliff Bleszinkski, Boss Key Productions - AAA, Devs and VR Walk into a Bar
With his new company's first game - Lawbreakers - nearing release, Cliffy B takes time out to talk about the potential of VR.

5pm: Illari Kuittinen, Housemarque Games - The Story of Nex Machina
One of the industry's most loved teams talks about making a game with their hero: Eugene Jarvis.

Saturday

9am: Tim Cain, Obsidian Entertainment - Building a better RPG
As Obsidian's renaissance continues, Tim Cain offers his insights into the biggest pitfalls of RPG development and how to avoid them.

11.30am: Kiki Wolfkill, 343 Industries - The Future of Digital Play
As head of 343 Industries' transmedia efforts, Wolfkill has spearheaded the broadening of the Halo brand into much, much more than just a game. An ex-racing car driver who has worked on most of the Xboxes most iconic franchises, Wolfkill has plenty to offer from her 20-year career.

1.30pm: Chris Taylor, Independent - Total Annihilation: 20 years on
A look back at the making of a classic after two decades, as Taylor muses on the genre and the resilience of a ground-breaker.

naossano

Cipher

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
1JsL2yW.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom