Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

daveyd

Savant
Seen games get Greenlit off 400 votes before, strange this isn't yet, are we going to be able to pre-order it once it passes through Greenlight?

It's a conspiracy. Gabe Newell is racist against Neanderthals. I'm sure the Illuminati and Freemasons are involved as well.

Mustawd

Repulsive
Is moving games from Greenlight to accepted an automatic process? Valve may just do manually passes every so often, which would explain the inconsistent requirements. Perhaps there's a minimum time required (so anything fake/illegal/whatever has a chance to be caught)

The Steam greenlight says it's basically a manual process, as it depends on available resources. I think someone ITT mentioned it typically takes two weeks or so.

daveyd

Savant
Seen games get Greenlit off 400 votes before, strange this isn't yet, are we going to be able to pre-order it once it passes through Greenlight?

It's a conspiracy. Gabe Newell is racist against Neanderthals. I'm sure the Illuminati and Freemasons are involved as well.
That would be a spesiesist (?)

Perhaps. It's actually a matter of debate as to whether or not they are a distinct species or a sort of sub-species of Homo Sapien.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
When this turns out to be more smoke and mirrors for a bunker building cash grab, are there greater legal recourse to get funds returned on Steam than on Indiegogo?

In other words, do I hire my neckbeard Internet lawyer now, or wait a bit?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Perhaps. It's actually a matter of debate as to whether or not they are a distinct species or a sort of sub-species of Homo Sapien.

You read tired old dead people with tired dead old ideas. I know because I have been eavesdropping on them for years.

Like rolling over a corpse, they sometimes emit a foul smelling blast of bad air and it is called scientmagism. Let the dead bury the dead.

The only real genetic science that matters now is epigenetics. Everything else is for the living mummies like yourself living in their ancient dead world of dust and baloney. Why not return to 7th century notions of bad humours and imp possession.

"Species." Your primitive manboon brain cannot possibly imagine what is one red pill away. "Species" will someday take it's place alongside magnetic treatments for syphilis in a museum somewhere. There are no species.

16899.jpg

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
When this turns out to be more smoke and mirrors for a bunker building cash grab, are there greater legal recourse to get funds returned on Steam than on Indiegogo?

I don't know if you really do not understand how steam works or not but greenlighting a game requires no money or commitment. If you buy a game you can return within two weeks or less than two hours played. And they refund for crazy reasons above that as well. I read reviews where people play like 80 hours in early access and refund when the game is released for some stupid reason steam accepted.

Any game or dev that does stupid shit like try and pad steam reviews get removed. I own a bunch of games that have no store page and the discussion forum states the game was removed for some reason or another.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I don't know if you really do not understand how steam works or not but greenlighting a game requires no money or commitment. If you buy a game you can return within two weeks or less than two hours played. And they refund for crazy reasons above that as well. I read reviews where people play like 80 hours in early access and refund when the game is released for some stupid reason steam accepted.

Any game or dev that does stupid shit like try and pad steam reviews get removed. I own a bunch of games that have no store page and the discussion forum states the game was removed for some reason or another.

Country_Gravy was banned from the Greenlight campaign completely but he wanders around outside all day barking to be let in like an ugly stray dog. This guy must really have important places to be.

There is no money required for a Greenlight campaign, Country_Gravy.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You read tired old dead people with tired dead old ideas. I know because I have been eavesdropping on them for years.

Like rolling over a corpse, they sometimes emit a foul smelling blast of bad air and it is called scientmagism. Let the dead bury the dead.

The only real genetic science that matters now is epigenetics. Everything else is for the living mummies like yourself living in their ancient dead world of dust and baloney. Why not return to 7th century notions of bad humours and imp possession.

"Species." Your primitive manboon brain cannot possibly imagine what is one red pill away. "Species" will someday take it's place alongside magnetic treatments for syphilis in a museum somewhere. There are no species.

16899.jpg

Now I know species is fake and I somehow have gone over 40 years of life without knowing that bologna could be spelled otherwise. I am from the US too.

ba·lo·ney
[bəˈlōnē]
rubbish · gibberish · claptrap · balderdash · blarney · hogwash ·
baloney · rot · moonshine · garbage · jive · tripe · drivel · bilge · bull · guff · bunk · bosh · BS · eyewash · piffle · poppycock · phooey · hooey · malarkey · hokum · twaddle · gobbledygook · codswallop · flapdoodle · hot air · bunkum · tommyrot
antonyms: (good) sense
  • NORTH AMERICAN
    variant of bologna.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

Country_Gravy was banned from the Greenlight campaign completely but he wanders around outside all day barking to be let in like an ugly stray dog. This guy must really have important places to be.

Still voted yes, Cleve. Keep the dream alive.

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
As a backer I just want what I paid for and had to vote yes to get it. I am not going to promote the game until I can play the full game that I paid for 3 years ago and then maybe I'll recommend it to someone else after I have seen that it is actually a full game.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
As a backer I just want what I paid for and had to vote yes to get it. I am not going to promote the game until I can play the full game that I paid for 3 years ago and then maybe I'll recommend it to someone else after I have seen that it is actually a full game.

Don't you think that is over reacting a little? You are going right for the jugular with your heavy handed tactics.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

16899.jpg

Now I know species is fake and I somehow have gone over 40 years of life without knowing that bologna could be spelled otherwise. I am from the US too.

Scientmajism is just a scam for high priests of gibberish. Science died a while back.

Epigenetics was staring mankind in the face for two centuries. It's no accident what we got was pure unadulterated gibberish in it's place.

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
PC Gamer used to be staffed with guys who were really passionate about games. But now it is populated only by millennial hipster fags. Best being completely avoided.
Didn't PC Gaymer release a "Complete History of RPG's" where 85% of its content was dedicated to post-2000's games?

tVeG6vkjSnVp24YAaJZEyJ-650-80.jpg

EDIT: I didn't read the mag, because I don't touch such garbage, but can anyone confirm if it's so?
Saw this in a bookstore about a week ago and flipped through it. Aside from a few decent parts, it's mostly crap. The History of RPGs section is only about 1/5 of the book. Otherwise, they largely breeze past older games (even the Infinity Engine section, which prominently includes NWN for some reason) as quickly as possible so they can copy-paste reviews and articles about new shit, heaping praise on all the latest garbage - even Dragon Age Inquisition, of all things. Sad.

Oh, and I voted for Grimoire. :salute:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Don't you think that is over reacting a little? You are going right for the jugular with your heavy handed tactics.
Seems a bit hypocritical of you to say that, considering you keep saying everyone on the 'dex hates RPGs.

Fever

Educated
I never thought I'd live to see this day. Well, it isn't that day yet, but congratulations nonetheless and of course I already gave my vote.

By the way, is the demo still available somewhere? I foresee I won't be playing the full game anytime soon: after two decades, I will only play it refined, debugged, enhanced etc.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Seems a bit hypocritical of you to say that, considering you keep saying everyone on the 'dex hates RPGs.

Does it seem hypocritical? I hope English isn't your first language. If it is, you are in trouble. If it isn't, you speak it far, far better than I speak a second language so I have no place to criticize.

Au Ellai

Educated
I really want this game, but I feel like this can't be real. All these features of like 600+ hours and [huge dumb number] of spells and [lolwut] many races and [c'mon man] many classes just seems like absurd, too-awesome-to-be-real marketing aimed directly at people who've been craving something like that for decades. Voted yes for it, I mean fuck, I really want this game, but at the same time I will be legit surprised if it ever materializes. Also, Cleve is an epic-level shit-poster and makes me want the game even more.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Does it seem hypocritical? I hope English isn't your first language. If it is, you are in trouble. If it isn't, you speak it far, far better than I speak a second language so I have no place to criticize.
Yeah well your dumb.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

More nonsense from the rodeo clown.

IGNORE

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
WHY YES HELLO ITZ TIME FOR A GREENLIGHT UPDATE:

So 3 Games were Greenlit today. Unfortunately none of them were Grimoire. But surely they must have been stellar 5 star games that took months to get on Greenlight and only possessed the highest quality you are saying.

Let's look at the prestigious list:

Game 1 Deer Hunter VR :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853438715

Formerly known as 猎鹿人 VR. With that catchy title how could you go wrong. It was Greenlit in one day and by the activity on the page, you can see it was well deserved.

I understand there is a cottage industry for Cervidea murder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kL9Qhu_W18 so this can't be a surprise.

The next game is stroodle Doodle:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898191892

Again another game with a 1 day turn around and a strong showing. I mean who hasn't Stroodled thier Doodle.

The third gane fought long and hard to get greenlit. It wasn't just a shoe in like the first 2 above. Here is the flower of sunset. You have to type the title this way because capital letters are a tool of oppression by the corporate Zoglords.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876572957

I would be doing a disservice if i tried to sum up the game so here is the game in the devs own words.

"《the flower of sunset》
The story of the leading role, woke up and found herself sitting in a murder scene, her hands
covered with blood, while the front is a strange body, because the corpse dead too strange,
so this made her was heresy of the judge as a witch and was arrested specifically
imprisonment witch prison, and sentenced two days after the execution of the fire.
In order to know the truth, she decided to escape from the prison. Then in the process will
meet the two, Witch and Judge who has contrary position. To compose a love(?) story with
them."

and the devs mission statement

About Yurif:
Yurif is a new group of making Yuri(Girls' Love) Games. Our target is promotion the games about Yuri(Girls' Love). Thought we are only 6 people but there are professional designer and music producer.

Well they do have 6 times the people that worked on Grimoire so it makes sense.

If only the Golden Baby had a Male to Female transition and had a relationship with Little Rosy and an Aeorb in VR while killing 2 or 3 deer, we wouldn't even have to try.

As you can see this is why we need to keep up the pressure on Steam. Let's just say their priorities are aligning "slightly" different thaqn ours at the moment.

Hopefully we can get a Friday Greenlight for the game and celebrate the Weekend of Incline as it will forever be known in the history books.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom