Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Abyss

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
I've spent pretty much the entire sunday looking at games on steam. Just scrolling through them, mixing and matching tags.
After "finishing" AoD saturday night. Ended up buying Dungeon rats. I don't even like Final Fantasy tactics.
It's been a long time since a game "caught" me like this.

The whole CRPG revival (DA:O),PoE,WL2, left me thinking it was me, just not being able to get caught up in such things anymore; Work, Guilty-Gear-24/7, dinner-with-buds-wednesday, teach-the-refugee-dutch-thursdays, boardgame-fridays, week-end-wrecking-tekno_parties, BLABLABLA etc. etc.

I was ready for the revival, a fresh helping of CRPG to draw me back in, after having kept satiated squeezing in replays (and fallout 1.5 :salute:). Didn't get drawn back in. Got pushed out thinking it was me. Oh the humanity.

Enter Tyranny. "Wait a minute, fuck me if it's me, but that's a fucking piece of shit !"
It was so fucking shit that I knew, it wasn't me. Thanks Obsidian !
Fueled by disbelief decided to give (enter)Underrail a try, disregarding all the "only combat, nothing more" crap filtering through the internet(whatisrpgcodex.mkv). It was great. "Nah, next week, I'm playing this game".

Managed to piss off Core City after a stealth/savegame fuck-up; "nice, nailed it", overwrite steady save(don't drink and game), unstealth, fuck. Save ethics :negative:.
Found this place at that point, turns out there's an expansion in the works. >Bin 60 hour save >have some patience >look for the next best thing.

Enter AoD. Ran into a 'member on here, of a demo/beta played years ago(numbers,bugs,teleports). Fucking Age of Decadence. Gave it a spin, oh dear lord. At this point words fail me.
:negative:

It'll be a while before I'll be able to enjoy the "next-best-thing", and that's fine, I'm a strong and independent gamer.
I don't need it.
I'm fine.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
teach-the-refugee-dutch-thursdays
WTF am I reading? I hope it's bait but somehow I don't think so. :argh:

Guy lives next door to me, from Syria, got shafted hardcore. Actually wants to learn the language and be a productive member of society, which is about as good as it gets concerning refugees.

Some very interesting "conversations" I've had with him, in light of how the media here (Netherlands) have been spinning the "civil war" over there. I mean I knew the media was bullshit, including the whole "Syrian war" narative, but hearing it from the horses mouth was still appreciated. Shoulda seen the guy's confused/shocked/angry face when I explained to him his country isn't getting ass-raped by international elements, but being "liberated" by "freedom fighters". Priceless.

Concerning the clusterfuck of an OP, it was late and I needed some closure :shittydog:

It did help :smug:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Guy lives next door to me, from Syria, got shafted hardcore. Actually wants to learn the language and be a productive member of society, which is about as good as it gets concerning refugees.
It depends, if he's a Christian then yes, if he's a muslim I don't think so and he'll most likely use his knowledge to live from benefits. BTW, how do you teach him? Using children's book? Or does he know English / you know Arabic?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
He's a muslim in the sense most christians here are.....christians. No mosque, no praying, his wife drinks beer.
Guy was following dutch classes at the refugee center, and is now doing so at the library, knows a tiny bit of english, and a tiny bit of dutch, enough to communicate and getting better all the time, and wants to get better faster. Pretty much just a nice guy that reached out for some help.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against immigration on the scale/in the way it's happening right now in europe, but there's no sense in blaming the immigrants themselves. It's easy to say I'd get an AK and fight for my country, which I'd like to think I would, but having a beautiful wife(now covered in scars from being at home while a bomb struck, face is still fine though) and a chance to get out, I don't know.

totally not grooming him to take care of my cat when I go to japan later this year

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
It's my most anticipated game for the next 4 years, not kidding in the slightest. Any way to throw money at it ?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Not until we release a demo and let you evaluate the gameplay.

I've spent pretty much the entire sunday looking at games on steam. Just scrolling through them, mixing and matching tags.
After "finishing" AoD saturday night. Ended up buying Dungeon rats. I don't even like Final Fantasy tactics.

The whole CRPG revival (DA:O),PoE,WL2, left me thinking it was me, just not being able to get caught up in such things anymore; Work, Guilty-Gear-24/7, dinner-with-buds-wednesday, teach-the-refugee-dutch-thursdays, boardgame-fridays, week-end-wrecking-tekno_parties, BLABLABLA etc. etc.

I was ready for the revival, a fresh helping of CRPG to draw me back in, after having kept satiated squeezing in replays (and fallout 1.5 :salute:). Didn't get drawn back in. Got pushed out thinking it was me. Oh the humanity.

Enter Tyranny. "Wait a minute, fuck me if it's me, but that's a fucking piece of shit !"
Fueled by disbelief decided to give (enter)Underrail a try, disregarding all the "only combat, nothing more" crap filtering through the internet(whatisrpgcodex.mkv). It was great. "Nah, next week, I'm playing this game".

Managed to piss off Core City after a stealth/savegame fuck-up; "nice, nailed it", overwrite steady save(don't drink and game), unstealth, fuck. Save ethics :negative:.
Found this place at that point, turns out there's an expansion in the works. >Bin 60 hour save >have some patience >look for the next best thing.

Enter AoD. Ran into a 'member on here, of a demo/beta played years ago(numbers,bugs,teleports). Fucking Age of Decadence. Gave it a spin, oh dear lord. At this point words fail me.

It'll be a while before I'll be able to enjoy the "next-best-thing", and that's fine, I'm a strong and independent gamer.
I don't need it.
I'm fine.

It looks like the next big thing will be No Truce with the Furries so you have only a year of waiting :)

Turok

Erudite

I don't need it.
I'm fine.

Next-best-thing right now is Torment: Andromeda, get it and play.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Next-best-thing right now is Torment: Andromeda, get it and play.

A little too much torment for my tastes. Furries could be decent but I'm not holding my breath for a CRPG (conversational-role-playing-game™).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom