Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unhealthy interest in sales figures

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I feel like we should keep posing weird ways to slice the sales data. Like, of the combatants in the 30 Years' War, have the Catholics or the Protestants bought more copies?

skycycle

Educated
Got the game on sale last year, yet to add DR to my collection, but curious how many copies were sold here in the Netherlands? (I am not Dutch myself, but been living here for some time)

skycycle

Educated
Got the game on sale last year, yet to add DR to my collection, but curious how many copies were sold here in the Netherlands? (I am not Dutch myself, but been living here for some time)

Thank you for the information, that is relatively well looking at a figures mentioned in the last few pages, or am I wrong? Congratulations on breaking 100k, I am still only about 25-30 hours into the game, kinda got stuck on my first Drifter playthrough and can't seem to finish any of the available quests so I can move towards the ending. Long-time RPG/CRPG fan (Arcanum, IWD, VTM: Bloodlines, Fallout 2, New Vegas are probably my top 5) and I absolutely loved AoD. Remember reading about it many years ago and it already sounded like my kind of premise - I have to say the finished product did not disappoint me at all. Following the updates on TNW every now and then, looking forward to playing that one too.

As a little side-note - I know it's the worst place to ask probably, but still - if someone wanted to try their hands at writing for one of your projects, how is the best way to go about it?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
As a little side-note - I know it's the worst place to ask probably, but still - if someone wanted to try their hands at writing for one of your projects, how is the best way to go about it?
We aren't really looking for writers at the moment but you can PM me some of your work. Ideally, a character for AoD: overview, intro, some dialogues.

skycycle

Educated
Thank you for the information, I will send you a PM soon with more details so we can maybe use e-mail or another communication tool if possible :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
To be honest, I thought it would sell better due to a low price, but apparently it's not that big of a factor.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
To be honest, I thought it would sell better due to a low price, but apparently it's not that big of a factor.
It would have been a factor if it would cost as much as AoD, probably sales would be 3 times smaller or more. Personally I thought that a game like this would be a total flop, bought only by most loyal AoD fans. 25k doesn't seem bad IMO. I wonder though if it wouldn't be more beneficial if you would wait a bit longer before you've dropped the price to 1/4th of the initial AoD value. To me it seemed like 50% and 75% sales were too early but maybe you needed the money. The average price in just half a year has dropped by over 2.5 $, that's significant.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, for Dungeon Rats.
On the other hand, I would buy Age of Decadence if it price was higher.

Edit.

Yes, today it seems not many people like tactical games, I mean multy-factor complex tactical games.
Audience today - you know it because we are here and not on kofucku - pardon my French - is lazy and in short "is not able to".
But games such as Dungeon Rats, if we talk about tactical games, is contribute to the emergence of this audience.

Last edited:

skycycle

Educated
Are you happy with AoD and DR copies sold during the Summer Sale?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom