Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition GOG celebrates RPG Week, MS Paint your way to a copy of Tyranny or Pillars of Eternity

^Probably not a good idea. From the first page in this thread:

mbpjy1.jpg

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I wanted to make Codexian versions of the posters for Tyranny and Pillars, but then I noticed the "MS Paint" requirement. Oh well, here goes.
image.jpg

image.png

P.S. that's for Tyranny. I want to experience myself, what a mess it is.
P.S.S. I may actually draw something, if I conquer my frustration with an abomination that MS Paint is.

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too much white, not balanced enough.

The Balance

116qno7.png

Still not balanced enough, as that's not a square.

Here's The Real Balance:

4Sd1tGv.png

200 pix by 200 pix, the color is rgb(188,188,188) or #BCBCBC aka Middle Gray

Observe how there's no opposing forces, but everything is in perfect balance and harmony, nothing happening - not entirely unlike PoE combat.

If you have a calibrated sRGB monitor, you should have a square with rgb(128,128,128) instead. You will draw such a square upon completing the tutorial for PoE 2.

ushas

Savant
But that's not a multiple of 2, it needs to be 256x256px
A balanced suggestion! However, diagonal will still remain irrational, I am confused and deterred. Perhaps I should have 188 for edge length?
Unless of zero or irrational edge length on its own you are not going to get around that square root of 2.

What if... What if the real balance isn't reachable in 2D, moreover not even in 3D?

What if it's only possible in higher dimensions? (more opposing forces to harmonize)

Just look at the Tesseract, a 4D hypercube: You can have 256 px sides, that's also 4^4 by the way. And diagonals are not only rational but whole rational, 512 px in this case. 4D Volume equals 4^4^4 px^4. Etc...

What if... no matter how hard we try, our limited brains cannot wholly perceive real balance, nor fully determine that it has been reached in space beyond our perception. All we can experience are its projections to lower dimensions, never reaching consensus on what we see. Not unlike as with PoE.

Tesseract_grid.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
GOG celebrates RPG Week, MS Paint your way to a copy of Tyranny or Pillars of Eternity

So of all the games, those two?

Your top-notch shillary was noticed and awarded, Infinitron. :russiastronk:

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
So, when will be the winners announced?

They've already been announced. Nobody won since they were all too insulting to Sawyer.

I think the only 'real' entry was probably this one:

Okay, I think this will be my final entry:

Original resolution 320x200px:
concept_number_2_by_nekot_the_brave-dbax0pt.png

Inflated resolution by 300%:
300percent_by_nekot_the_brave-dbax0tf.png

Hope you guys like it. For Tyranny btw.

And for this reason I think this guy should get all the keys and be allowed to distribute them as he sees fit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom