Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
more like "i can't come up with anything, let's steal stuff".
it wouldn't be the first time.
Yeah, like that New Vegas mod quest they stole to use in Fallout 4s DLC Far Harbor. So scummy.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
more like "i can't come up with anything, let's steal stuff".
it wouldn't be the first time.

you cant steal your own work lol

also, a new dlc was added to fallout 4 on steamdb, looks like they're gonna drop the vr thing at their conference. i wonder if it'll play well, some executive from amd was praising it a few months back.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
you cant steal your own work lol

also, a new dlc was added to fallout 4 on steamdb, looks like they're gonna drop the vr thing at their conference. i wonder if it'll play well, some executive from amd was praising it a few months back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplicate_publication

That doesn't apply to this at all. Besides:

latest

It's self-explanatory.

Ivan

Arcane
hi guys, quick ?, does Fallout 4 scratch that STALKER itch? I don't expect good characterization but I've read it's gunplay/itemization is solid.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
hi guys, quick ?, does Fallout 4 scratch that STALKER itch? I don't expect good characterization but I've read it's gunplay/itemization is solid.

Both gunplay and itemization are good compared to previous games but still rather underwhelming.

You can somewhat fix that by mods that rebalance gameplay, add some more diversity to equipment and enemies and that will provide you with some dozen hours of fun.

Problem is that youll still get bored rather quickly due horrible world design and atrocious quests which cant be fixed with mods.

Fallout 4 is .... shiiiiiiteeeeeee.

I mean look, I was going into this with lowered expectations, but still...

My cardinal sin was playing it right after Witcher 3. The dialogue goes from something like "The Aein Sedhe elves formed glorious ancient civilizations after crossing over during the conjustion of the spheres..." to something like "Ugh, yes, no, 200 years? wut? my son..., yes, food, good."

I mean I tried to ignore it and just treat it like a scavenger shooter or something, but even then, it's such pointless shiiiite....

Bethesda... Bethesda never changes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
VR thingy:

Experience Fallout like never before, with Fallout 4 VR, coming this October. Revealed during the Bethesda E3 2017 Showcase, Fallout 4 VR will be available on PC for the HTC Vive.

With the power of VR, you’ll be able to get up-close-and-personal with the dangers of a post-apocalyptic world as you fight for survival. Featuring new combat, crafting and building systems fully reimagined for VR – including VR-enhanced V.A.T.S. – Fallout 4 VR isn’t just a jaunt through the Wasteland, it’s the entire game. The whole world is fully explorable. That includes hundreds of locations, characters and quests. This is your opportunity to step into the Wasteland and experience Fallout 4 in a whole new way.

Fallout4_VATS_730x411.png

Aaaand the grand return of paid mods:

Your favorite worlds just got a little bit bigger. Creation Club is a collection of all-new content for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim. It features new items, abilities and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners, including the best community creators. Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons.

Creation Club will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC later this summer.

To learn more about Creation Club, including how you can work with Bethesda Game Studios and become a Creator, visit creationclub.com.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
From Bethesda's FAQ:

If I’m accepted to be a Creator, what can I create and what is the dev process?
Creators are required to submit documentation pitches which go through an approval process. All content must be new and original. Once a concept is approved, a development schedule with Alpha, Beta and Release milestones is created. Creations go through our full development pipeline, which Creators participate in. Bethesda Game Studios developers work with Creators to iterate and polish their work along with full QA cycles. The content is fully localized, as well. This ensures compatibility with the original game, official add-ons and achievements.

Are Creators Paid For Their Work?
Yes. Just like our own game developers, Creators are paid for their work and start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones.

Is Creation Club paid mods?
No. Mods will remain a free and open system where anyone can create and share what they’d like. Also, we won’t allow any existing mods to be retrofitted into Creation Club, it must all be original content. Most of the Creation Club content is created internally, some with external partners who have worked on our games, and some by external Creators. All the content is approved, curated, and taken through the full internal dev cycle; including localization, polishing, and testing. This also guarantees that all content works together. We’ve looked at many ways to do “paid mods”, and the problems outweigh the benefits. We’ve encountered many of those issues before. But, there’s a constant demand from our fans to add more official high quality content to our games, and while we are able to create a lot of it, we think many in our community have the talent to work directly with us and create some amazing new things.

Potato Canon

Novice
Fallout 4 VR is a total load of feces. It should at most be a paid DLC for the standard game. Charging full price for a stand alone VR edition of a current game is an outrage. I expected the worst case scenario from Bethesda because Bethesda, like an outrageously priced DLC for VR support, but somehow they managed to actually be even worse than my already very pessimistic assumptions.

Fallout 4 can already be played in VR, as can 3 and New Vegas using injection drivers like VorpX. Almost as good as native support. Adding native support should not be that difficult. The likely reason modders hadn't already done it with FO4 was the impending official support. Modders have patched both VR and tracked controllers into other games and they don't charge $60 for it.

There's so much wrong with this picture. Really the only reason to poke around at all in a Bethesda game is to play with mods. Separating VR support from the base game implies no support for standard mods. VR can be wonderful addition to a game, but it doesn't make a bad game good.

Then there's the sheer cheek of the shoddy VR support on display in the promo videos. There are no player hands! There should be IK arms and hands for handling weapons just as in any normal dedicated VR shooter especially if they are charging full price for it. The game is at best a silly shooter, they screwed that up already.

VR fanboys will play apologists for Bethesda's bullshit behavior, but there's no excuse for this. This isn't some small studio risking developing for VR, the game is already a huge seller. They have to upgrade and optimize their engine for VR anyway, this was R&D. It's like they are trying being dicks on purpose at this point.

Falllout 4 VR - So you can get so deep into the Uncanny Valley that you can be said to be Todd Howarded. There is something to be said for digging through trash in glorious virtual reality.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe with a proper mods.
It depends on what you mean - in a broad sense yes, but in F4 you need reall good mod like Horizon, and still you need to self-restraint yourself to not to be OP.

Friday.13

Educated
Consider the QA of Bethesda in the past, this new paid mod thing will be full of stolen mods and horse armor kind of bat shits like last time.

racofer

Thread Incliner
VR thingy:

Experience Fallout like never before, with Fallout 4 VR, coming this October. Revealed during the Bethesda E3 2017 Showcase, Fallout 4 VR will be available on PC for the HTC Vive.

With the power of VR, you’ll be able to get up-close-and-personal with the dangers of a post-apocalyptic world as you fight for survival. Featuring new combat, crafting and building systems fully reimagined for VR – including VR-enhanced V.A.T.S. – Fallout 4 VR isn’t just a jaunt through the Wasteland, it’s the entire game. The whole world is fully explorable. That includes hundreds of locations, characters and quests. This is your opportunity to step into the Wasteland and experience Fallout 4 in a whole new way.

Fallout4_VATS_730x411.png

Aaaand the grand return of paid mods:

Your favorite worlds just got a little bit bigger. Creation Club is a collection of all-new content for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim. It features new items, abilities and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners, including the best community creators. Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons.

Creation Club will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC later this summer.

To learn more about Creation Club, including how you can work with Bethesda Game Studios and become a Creator, visit creationclub.com.

Bethesda is smart. Instead of re-releasing the same game every ~4 years with different makeup, they now re-release it every year with a new gimmick.

ra3Oeqr.png

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've been playing quite a bit with a gameplay overhaul mod, Horizon.

I like it a lot, it's not over the top hard, but you have to really take your time and scavenge around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom