Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I would be more than satisfied if you didn't need to carefully aggro one enemy at time while you are low level and you actually could track more than three quests avoiding painful backtracking.
There's so much scripting for "main" quests that they would conflict with each other. It felt weird for me in the beginning, but I was used doing multiple kill/gather x quests. Here you have some actual story, cutscenes, reading and shit - better to focus on one thing to squeeze as much info/lore/atmosphere as possible.

vampiregrave

Educated
Head start soon:

Secret World Legends News - The Secret Worlds Legends Twitter has been updated with this post, "As a thank-you for your support in TSW, you are invited to a head start of Secret World Legends beginning on June 23rd". After reaching out to Funcom, we now know that "this is for previous The Secret World players and those who signed up for the beta (application is still open)".

Source: MMORPG.com

PrettyDeadman

First world was cool, sand world on the other hand is wtf. who thought it's a good idea to make you fight against some islamic terrorirsts in you game about supernatural entities. Killed my interest. Not only it is racist against muslem people but also boring and inappropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
First world was cool, sand world on the other hand is wtf. who thought it's a good idea to make you fight against some islamic terrorirsts in you game about supernatural entities. Killed my interest. Not only it is racist against muslem people but also boring and inappropriate.
You kill muslim terrorists in this game? And get loot and xp? Damn, I knew signing up for the beta was a great idea!

PrettyDeadman

Assuming by "muslem" you mean "Muslim" or "Moslem", regarding your charge that it is "racist": In what sense does Islam constitute a race?
It's racist to put muslim people in the same category as other evil fantasy creatures like mummies and ctulhus.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Assuming by "muslem" you mean "Muslim" or "Moslem", regarding your charge that it is "racist": In what sense does Islam constitute a race?
It's racist to put muslim people in the same category as other evil fantasy creatures like mummies and ctulhus.
Racist against ... the muslim race? Is that anything like the buddhist race or the atheist race? :|

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Racist against ... the muslim race? Is that anything like the buddhist race or the atheist race? :|

Well and they are also followers of Atenism...

I just assumed Pretty was being tongue in cheek.

Cromwell

Arcane
Headstart when?
They said that it is on 23 June, Friday. So in like 12-24h hours.

It already is the 23 where I live thats why I asked. I only get "go to our site download it here" but theres no download link and going into my existing tsw account also did nothing. So I thought theres a fixed time today when the headstart goes live.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Headstart when?

It already is the 23 where I live thats why I asked. I only get "go to our site download it here" but theres no download link and going into my existing tsw account also did nothing. So I thought theres a fixed time today when the headstart goes live.
It is probably 23 June US time. So a few hours still. It is still 7:20 pm on 22 June in New York for example.

Cromwell

Arcane
Headstart when?

It is probably 23 June US time. So a few hours still. It is still 7:20 pm on 22 June in New York for example.

Yeah maybe but thats strange for a company from oslo.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!

Well and they are also followers of Atenism...

I just assumed Pretty was being tongue in cheek.
Yeah, low grade troll.

BTW - when is SWL launching on Steam? The game page is still linked to TSW client (because it's just a reskinned TSW page).

PrettyDeadman

I put out a legitimate criticism - cultists in turbans (or whoever they are) who run around in the desert map while there are gun fire and explosion sounds in the background don't look like they belong to the game. This was important for me, since the only thing which is good in the game is it's world and story. After investigating fishpeople and gates to hell in the first map, running around disarming bombs in some middle eastern city didn't seem so compelling, and 'racism' has nothing to do with that.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I put out a legitimate criticism - cultists in turbans (or whoever they are) who run around in the desert map while there are gun fire and explosion sounds in the background don't look like they belong to the game. This was important for me, since the only thing which is good in the game is it's world and story. After investigating fishpeople and gates to hell in the first map, running around disarming bombs in some middle eastern city didn't seem so compelling, and 'racism' has nothing to do with that.
Then leave out the racism troll.

The diversity of environments and threats in TSW's environment is a strength, not a weakness. If you wanted to just keep fighting zombies for another 600 hours, I get it and you're not "wrong" for wanting that, but ... the whole thing with the Atenists is great too (and the vampires, and the black goop, and the human conspiracies, and the ... and the ...). Your expectations of a world with only one antagonist and only one crisis are shallow and limited, and you obviously didn't look at any of the promotional material for the game.

PrettyDeadman

You are eith

The diversity of environments and threats in TSW's environment is a strength, not a weakness.

Diversity of environments and threats was TSW strength on the first map.
On the second map there were no diversity which is exactly my problem.
If you are saying that fighting the same sandpeople and a couple of bugs is divesity - you are either trolling or haven't played the game (which is very likely considering that you think the only enemies in the first map are zombies).

Last edited by a moderator:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So how do Legends' patron benefits compare to original games for all you vets out there?

swl_patron_graphic.jpg

Zombra

Patron
So how do Legends' patron benefits compare to original games for all you vets out there?
It's an excellent package, you should go for it.
By which I mean, I have no idea, the free-to-play game is perfectly good, why would anyone plow money into it if they don't have to? But for this to work somebody has to support Funcom and it may as well be you! Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom