Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News DEMIURGOS, an alternate history RPG-adventure set in a modern Ancient Greece, now on Kickstarter

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
cannot watch the video because of at work, but tag. looks interesting

aratuk

Cipher
Wow, this game is way more deserving of a fundraiser than Pathfinder: D&D Reheated.

The people making the Pathfinder game are established pros, and I'm sure they will produce a better-than-decent game despite their extremely generic setting and rules, which should not be encouraged.

But this crazy thing deserves a chance to happen. It's good to see someone take a risk and execute on an unusual idea.

:takemymoney:

Daniel Bill

DemiurgExMachina
Developer
Wow, this game is way more deserving of a fundraiser than Pathfinder: D&D Reheated.

The people making the Pathfinder game are established pros, and I'm sure they will produce a better-than-decent game despite their extremely generic setting and rules, which should not be encouraged.

But this crazy thing deserves a chance to happen. It's good to see someone take a risk and execute on an unusual idea.

:takemymoney:

Thank you so much for your generous support!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
also agree in these kickstarter time, you pretty much have to spam your social media sites and comments and stuff like you have no shame. what are you doing sounds absolutely insane and i love crazy stuff. the level of creativity in the pitch is trough the atmosphere and the game is oozing great ideas.

would be a shame if this don't get funded due to lack of exposure. i personally don't use popular social media like FB or twitter or whatever, but they really are useful for companions, corporations etc. don't neglect it. this should have been done pre kickstarter campaign, but it's probably not too late too start.

Skai_47

Literate
I'm always looking forward to try new games, I'm sold on this one! Video definitely triggers me, thanks for sharing it!
:whatho:

I think it is already too late. The best course of action as of now, would be to cancer the campaign and start a new 2 months from now. Most people who have already pledged are from Codex or are a friends of the creator, so getting them to pledge next time will be relatively easy. Especially that after cancelling the campaign Daniel will still have a mail base of all people who pledged.

Daniel has a LOT to learn about kickstarter campaigns. He pretty much fails at every single step of crowdfunding. Zero marketing, no support from other devs, journalists and the community. I understand his objections about spamming, but the fact that he even did not engage with the backers that much after the launch and makes no updates is a disaster.
Daniel Bill I can write you a step by step guide on how should you run your campaign, want it?

But with a proper preparation the 20k stretch goal is doable. Would say that even 30k could be reached.

Sizzle

Arcane
Everyone's favorite designer also backed this game :D

His smartest Kickstarter pledge since he donated to Tropes Vs Women :D

aratuk

Cipher
Has anyone noticed that among the hundred or so people who have so far backed this game, now there is Warren Spector, one of the great(est) game developers (ever)? And he hasn't exactly blanketed Kickstarter with his magnanimity, either; he's backed fewer projects than I have. It's pretty cool that this game has the support of the guy who made System Shock, Deus Ex, and a couple of the better Ultimas. Not to mention Epic Mickey.

Now someone just has to convince him to tweet about it.

(EDIT: Oh, I see it's mentioned in the Kickstarter update :-P)

Last edited:

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Has anyone noticed that among the hundred or so people who have so far backed this game, now there is Warren Spector, one of the great(est) game developers (ever)? And he hasn't exactly blanketed Kickstarter with his magnanimity, either; he's backed fewer projects than I have. It's pretty cool that this game has the support of the guy who made System Shock, Deus Ex, and a couple of the better Ultimas. Not to mention Epic Mickey.

Now someone just has to convince him to tweet about it.

(EDIT: Oh, I see it's mentioned in the Kickstarter update :-P)

That's actually really awesome, Warren is definitely a legend. By the way, this game looks super-cool, I just backed. *thumbs up*

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I will be in Frankfurt this September, and would love to interview you guys for the Codex if that's possible.

I could do that too, because I just discovered that Daniel Bill is my colleauge at work. An interview would be as easy as meeting at the cafeteria downstairs when our shifts are over :M
small world

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom