Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms and Castles

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Kingdoms and Castles is a game about growing a kingdom from a tiny hamlet to a sprawling city and imposing castle.

Your kingdom must survive a living and dangerous world. Do the viking raiders make off with your villagers? Or are they stopped, full of arrows, at the castle gates? Does a dragon torch your granary, your people dying of starvation in the winter, or are you able to turn the beast back? The success of your kingdom depends solely on your skill as a city and castle planner.

-

Looks cute, but I'm thinking the price and the cutesy aesthetic suggest a shallow experience.

Anyone played this?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Almost a week after launch and it has 2 reviews, I guess this is Fig's marketing arm in action.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
86% percent on Steam. Proves that Fig produces quality materials. Suck it down Codex.

Perkel

Arcane
Playing it currently. So far it is pretty good. Kind of like Banished

Perkel

Arcane
Played it some more.

I like balance of it. It plays like banished but with Anno setup. Meaning it looks and feels like Anno but it is pretty hard like banished (compared to anno).

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
i wonder if one could use those post effect shaders on this to desaturated the colors

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
It has excellent reviews on Steam for what it's worth. By all accounts it only looks cutesy-patsy, but is actually quite hard.

Perkel

Arcane
i wonder if one could use those post effect shaders on this to desaturated the colors

colors are fine. I also did think that this was indie garbage looking but art style grew on me fast.

What i like the most about it is that every single resource is somewhere stored and doesn't go into magical infinite teleporting pool. So when you play your city you need to take into account that one greenary won't be able to satisfy your whole city even if has place theoritically. Same with stockpiles. One big stockpile will cause looooong work loop.

Stockpile management reminds me of Dwarf Fortress

hellbent

Augur
Looking forward to trying it soon. It being available on GOG right away is a big plus. If the dev notes are to be believed, they will be continuing to release enhancements and increase depth in the future.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
My Organically Grown Residential District.
Well, Bar, Library, Church, Market. First attempt on Easy setting.
E4KiaCc.jpg

Holland
IA50ll5.jpg

All the buildings in the game.
XkqzSCA.jpg

Army!
JP630Ef.png

Diffrent view.
mmAtVE3.jpg

I dont even wanna try Hard. Dragons fly by and bandits but eh.

Game is much simpler than even Banished.

Wood and Stone are basic unlimited resources.
Food comes from fields or trees. Trees always deliver but not as much and require better ground.
Charcoal needed for best houses which gives best taxes.
Gold pays for happiness, ie libraries, hospitals etc
Iron is for the army
Tools is for better resource gathering and army.

And thats it.

Doesnt have Banished aesthetics or soundtrack.

Clocked in less than 2 hours. Returned.
yPc0wKV.png

J1M

Arcane
This game is slow and shallow. Don't feel bad if you don't like it, developers clearly have lots of friends to leave positive reviews for them.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game is slow and shallow. Don't feel bad if you don't like it, developers clearly have lots of friends to leave positive reviews for them.
Yep, I'm sure they bought those 1200 positive reviews. :roll:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
You don't even need to buy them, often game developes appeal for abuse of the review system and 100s of people will prostitute themselves.

Perkel

Arcane
Game isn't bad. It is shallow a bit but creating huge city takes about 10-15 hours each time.
Main challenge comes from hard mode and planning city to well divide resources.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I don't know. Seems like I'd rather save the money and play Banished instead.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Looks like they forgot to add textures to everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom