Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Underrail Dev Log #53: Expedition Gameplay Video

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can't wait to go back to Underrail : one of the best things to happen to PC since Arcanum.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I am glad he is adding content that can be enjoyed without the need to go through that abomination called Deep Caverns. Also now I can get to max level before going to Deep Caverns and pretend that is the end of the game.

you're a pussy
moreover, a smelly one
a lame, wrinkled, smelly pussy

Severian Silk

Underrail. Best RPG of the decade.

Also, there are maps on the Interwebs you lazy fucks!

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Looks awesome. I would preferred a stand-alone expantion though.
Deep caverns are fine, don't understand all the complaints. A bit long, but fine. Also i drew a map of the deep caverns while playing and so can you. It was fun even.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
More areas... And still no map. Felt the lack of map unwieldy before, this mid game addition will only make it more so.

I changed my mind about this topic. I think that games with big zones of exploration are better without maps. It is an additional challenge that makes the game more immersive. Project Zomboid has three gigantic cities and the inclusion of maps ruined the sense of exploration.

Severian Silk

More areas... And still no map. Felt the lack of map unwieldy before, this mid game addition will only make it more so.

I changed my mind about this topic. I think that games with big zones of exploration are better without maps. It is an additional challenge that makes the game more immersive. Project Zomboid has three gigantic cities and the inclusion of maps ruined the sense of exploration.
I agree totally!

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It's not like anyone is asking for a mini-map overlay. Just something that can be referred to so we know where the hell we are.

Strikes me that the people who say 'git gud' or 'Don't need a map' have played this game to death and have memorised where they need to go.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
It would be good to have the name of each location popping up on the corner of the screen like in PoE. I remember mentioning this on the Stygian forum, but they never took the idea seriously.

Lindire

Novice
Looking good, I picked up Underrail some time ago, but have not started it yet.

Will the expansion feature any content (e.g. new classes, etc.) that would make it worthwile to wait until it is released before starting a playthrough?

Black Angel

Arcane
Will the expansion feature any content (e.g. new classes, etc.) that would make it worthwile to wait until it is released before starting a playthrough?
I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be in the base game when you get the expansion, but new weapons, new items and crafting recipes, new skills and feats, and increased level cap.

epeli

Arcane
I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be in the base game when you get the expansion, but new weapons, new items and crafting recipes, new skills and feats, and increased level cap.
New skills, non-veteran feats and weapons will be available from the start. Natural crafting materials from Black Sea won't. That's the gist of it. There will be certain improvements to the entire base game, but more on those later.

It's worth the wait if you want to start a character around shotguns, time manipulation, spears and/or swords. Otherwise, go for it. Old saves will work with the expansion and old characters will get new development through veteran levels.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
It's not like anyone is asking for a mini-map overlay. Just something that can be referred to so we know where the hell we are.

Strikes me that the people who say 'git gud' or 'Don't need a map' have played this game to death and have memorised where they need to go.
not really, you just have to keep track of the general direction your going relative to your "anchor"; getting a little bit lost is half the fun of exploring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom