Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

GandGolf

Augur
Is it too late to get in the raffle for a copy?

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
You think waiting for D:OS EE was hard?

I really don't play games at launch usually but with Grimwah I better not take any chances

Jerker

Educated
well fuck me sideways, he actually did it. I never thought I'd see the day. well, congrats sir, now I shall eat crow and buy your game.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cleve really should make bug reports include OS and computer system specs.

These are steam sapiens after all. They might not realize that a bug report isn't helpful if you don't know what system they are running.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Forces of Decline already hard at work scrambling to fight the Golden Era

ZyWxqN1.jpg
If it's really him, then he's laughably stupid. Valve permabans any developer that engages in review manipulation, they have a zero tolerance policy on this.

Maybe I should send this screen cap to Steam support, hmm.

Themadcow

Augur
Well, fuck the haters - I'm enjoying it. I'd imagine the Infinity Engine kids who pretend they liked RPGs before 1994 haven't got a clue what to make of it.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

ZyWxqN1.jpg
If it's really him, then he's laughably stupid. Valve permabans any developer that engages in review manipulation, they have a zero tolerance policy on this.

Anyone who ever read a single Cleve post knows this is a false flag ops.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

ZyWxqN1.jpg

It would be glorious if Cleve was permabanned after waiting 20 years for his game.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Woah, there is some serious pettiness going on in the thread.

Not enough for me to lose respect for individuals but still very surprising behaviour. Posting on cuckchan or alluding to piracy? This kind of behaviour only degrades yourself.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Still no tool tips on stats. Still no idea how to throw shit from my alt hand. The shitty glitch that happens with smooth turning is still there. And no manual.

I am a bit underwhelmed. Looks mainly like superdemo with more content and a few extra things patched in...

Alt weapons work.

How nigger ? How ?

I... don't know. I definitely had the bard throwing a bullet in the default party when I was just randomly testing things, but now I can't get it to happen again on purpose. It's there somewhere. Just turn smooth turning off.
Looks like it just happens. I can't find a way to force the secondary weapon to be used, but in some rounds some characters make an extra attack with their secondary weapon. When choosing the attack action you will sometimes be prompted to select a second target.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

Long story short - a Neanderthal that believes he is genetically superior to humans, and lives in a nuclear bunker, has been making this game since 1994. He has promised on many occasions over the years that it was finished and about to be released, to the point of absurdity. It's a rather shoddy and severely buggy WIzardry clone, but a funny cult has grown up around it, and they consider the coming of Grimoire will be a seminal moment in human history - an event they refer to as The Incline.

The Incline.

mondblut

Arcane
Woah, there is some serious pettiness going on in the thread.

Not enough for me to lose respect for individuals but still very surprising behaviour. Posting on cuckchan or alluding to piracy? This kind of behaviour only degrades yourself.

What else they have left than doubling down at going full retardo?

"There is no game11111"
"It's only the superdemo1111"
"It is shit anyway LOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOL can't hear you".

Anything to dodge eating crows and sucking themselves off, can't blame them.

Dexter

Arcane
Few issues (Alt+TAB doesn't work, Windowed remains black) and no crashes so far, may I present to you, the first 4K Screenshots of Grimoire. :obviously: (Fix the Steam Overlay, Cleve! Can't take Screenshots, neither with Steam nor FRAPS and gotta do it manually)

grimoire1h5skk.png

grimoire2m5sfs.png

Yes 64 bit, the game won't install. Got it loading under Wine but it doesn't reach the main menu because of a MIDI related error.

I guess itś better to wait for Windows users "to iron out a few bugs" before putting a lot of time/effort into getting it to run on Linux.

Good news linuxfags - I've got it running in Wine with music and sound effects working. I'm not sure if you need a 32-bit prefix but I've done all the testing with one so might be a good point to start. Bear in mind all this is on Arch with Wine 2.13.

Set up a 32-bit prefix:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/path/to/win32 winecfg

Then use winetricks to install steam. I then used winetricks to install a few likely-looking dll packages, such as amstream, avifil32, dmsynth, etc. Basically anything non-directX that I thought Cleve might be using. The result - works fine. Let me know if you want me to post a complete list of dlls - it was overkill so I'm sure most are unnecessary. Prehaps Cleve could comment on which ones he used.

Yeah would be nice to know which dlls etc. you used.

hackncrazy

Savant
Gonna be really honest here. All jokes aside, from what I've seen on twitch streams, the game seems to be really good.

If there's a blobber that I really want to play, is this.

I really hope that Cleve get around the bugs and deliver a 100% finishable game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom