Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Disease is really bad if not cured. Every time you fail your save against disease you can eventually develop blindness, nausea, insanity, irritation and confusion.

Note : Nearly all conditions get better with sleep other than CURSED but disease gets worse the longer you go without curing it.

Can't you just get vaccinated?...

:troll:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Disease is really bad if not cured. Every time you fail your save against disease you can eventually develop blindness, nausea, insanity, irritation and confusion.

Note : Nearly all conditions get better with sleep other than CURSED but disease gets worse the longer you go without curing it.

Can't you just get vaccinated?...

:troll:
There's probably an AUT condition, Cleve has thought of everything.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

Just tried putting a superdemo save into my Grimoire directory. Game crashes when you try to go to the load game menu.

I'm sure you believe that's my fault. How could a binary from 2012 work in a vastly changed program in 2017?
No. I hadn't even thought to try it until somebody asked about it.

mondblut

Arcane
tyjmntymuhgjt.jpg

B-but why. I have room...

Probably missing a "this person is hardcoded not to go with you" line.

When you can recruit, it doesn't say "no room", it offers to dismiss a character.

Is there any other option? Can I create another person? I don't even care it they are going to be level zero...

Rosy, Raghilda. Later on, resurrected Mistral (if works), the thief w/cup (I assume he's recruitable), the knight who translates Katechysm, that's just within the superdemo portion.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hahaha, did you read the reviews on Metacritic? Don't forget to leave good reviews there as well.

What an amazing game by Cleve. It really dwarfs any achievement I have made in my life, I was initially angry that this game was released but I realized that I was actually angry at myself and jealous of Cleve and his game.

Also I would like you to know I am preparing my body for that video I said I would make.

Signed "DrogBlacktooth".

bataille

Arcane
tyjmntymuhgjt.jpg

When you can recruit, it doesn't say "no room", it offers to dismiss a character.

Is there any other option? Can I create another person? I don't even care it they are going to be level zero...

Rosy, Raghilda. Later on, resurrected Mistral (if works), the thief w/cup (I assume he's recruitable), the knight who translates Katechysm, that's just within the superdemo portion.

Erm... this looks at the very least on par with the bardess paralysing an enemy every turn...

hgm_uhm_ujhmytruj.jpg

That doesn't even make sense for her to have these skills. She's virtually got every skill in the 40-80 range.
Are the other recruitable NPC like this as well?

mondblut

Arcane
Erm... this looks at the very least on par with the bardess paralysing an enemy every turn...

hgm_uhm_ujhmytruj.jpg

That doesn't even make sense for her to have these skills. She's virtually got every skill in the 40-80 range.

Rosy is. Raghilda also wields poisoned dagger she cannot wield by class. And so does Rosy. I suspect CMB had other priorities than customizing NPC character sheets. :/

Reapa

Doom Preacher
tyjmntymuhgjt.jpg

hgm_uhm_ujhmytruj.jpg

yes

Vagiel

Augur
Interesting so if you assay an item you just get a name but if you identify you full description in the quest log.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm basically at a standstill where I can't progress further. The mummy boss in Aquavia just annihilates me, no one can penetrate. The jolly men that block the way in Briar woods, same thing.

Also the same thing with the snake blocking the path in the other part of Aquavia. I 100% mapped out the Shrine of the Raptor, but my dudes are all still lvl 1 and I found no equipment so far that can really make a difference. What am I even doing wrong? I'm 100% rested when I go into these fights. I'm only playing on Veteran too. Another thing, there's a hidden room with a lever/door with a chest near the mummy boss, but the lever does nothing. Is it supposed to?

Also for Cleve, if you're interested I have a savegame that crashes as soon as you try to take a step every single time. It was saved after I picked up a key from a corpse.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
The most recent comment on the RPGCodex Steam page:

"Deviant: Cleve Blakemore is a liar and a charlatan, Grimoire is nothing but a hoax and does not exist. He is trolling the entire gaming community with his falsehoods. I am going to expose him for what he really is. I can't believe Steam lets this continue. It's shameful. I hope he burns in hell for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRg7XjDjPaw"

biggestboss

Liturgist
I found that those three boss-like encounters (Green Hand Gang, ?Snake?, and the mummy) were way easier once I was level 2 on all of my characters. I grinded XP in the Briarpatch Woods instead of inside Aquavia because it felt like the enemies there give more XP on average, especially that one green dragonfly encounter that gives 32 XP or something like that.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I'm basically at a standstill where I can't progress further. The mummy boss in Aquavia just annihilates me, no one can penetrate. The jolly men that block the way in Briar woods, same thing.

Also the same thing with the snake blocking the path in the other part of Aquavia. I 100% mapped out the Shrine of the Raptor, but my dudes are all still lvl 1 and I found no equipment so far that can really make a difference. What am I even doing wrong? I'm 100% rested when I go into these fights. I'm only playing on Veteran too. Another thing, there's a hidden room with a lever/door with a chest near the mummy boss, but the lever does nothing. Is it supposed to?

Also for Cleve, if you're interested I have a savegame that crashes as soon as you try to take a step every single time. It was saved after I picked up a key from a corpse.
Aim to kill the snake first. Grind for a level first, though I'm not sure why nobody has levelled yet. Pick up Rosy if you still can't progress.

PEACH

Arbiter
so in aquavia
I think I did the sun/moon/star puzzle correctly based on the clues on the wall and fought the snake / found the boat and managed to open the door opposite of where I assume the second boss is based on the inscriptions but still can't get through the other door. do I need a key, or am I missing something about the puzzle or what?

Last edited:

youhomofo

Augur
I'm basically at a standstill where I can't progress further. The mummy boss in Aquavia just annihilates me, no one can penetrate.

I just beat the mummy. Not too tough with the right strategy and a useful item.

First, there's a sealed gate and a lever right outside the room with the boss. Inside is a chest with a jar. Did you get that? Try using it on the boss. I equipped everyone with range 2 weapons (spears/whips/quarterstaves) and focused all my attention on killing the trash mobs first. Have your bard (you do have a bard, right?) focus on the boss with sleep or paralyze instruments. Once you're down to just the boss blast him with spells, thrust, etc. Don't forget to use items! They're helpful. I had a rod of missiles which did some great damage. Also some dust that petrified the boss when my bard failed at sleep. Same basic strategy would work with those bandits. You probably have some powerful items you aren't using that would tip the battle in your favor.

biggestboss

Liturgist
So I'm in Crowl trying to find

Raghilda's sister. I remember reading that she was possibly in the Temple Baths, so I went down there and there's a skeleton gate which looks like someone was dragged through in there. I can't unlock or interact with the gate in any way and I don't know if there are keywords that trigger conversations with any of the NPCs. Anyone know what to do at this point?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom