Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

osefmarcher

Literate
Is it level based then? No stat increases the amount of skill points you gain per level? I understand the multiplier just not what governs the base number you get before it's multiplied by 1.0 or 0.8 and so on.

No stat increase skill gained, skill gained is the same roll each time multiplied by the bonuses from each races/classes

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Having started in the forest, I of course had access to the Shrine of the Raptor.

Now, in the
Exemplar Vault you enter with the owl's key
, I found a teleport back to the Shrine of the Raptor, and I wonder whether that is availble to people with different starts too or not.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, that description/poem actually solves two puzzles at the same time, which are then brought together.

So there are two "meanings" to be extracted: the content of what is said and then the words themselves.

Oh herp de derp, I just went back down into the catacombs to double-check, and I forgot to search the first time I was there

Of course I wasn't able to solve the puzzle then. HERPA DERP :retarded:
I still dont know how to solve it.... Or how to open the skull door in the baths

Viata

Arcane
Lady Error
How you opened the Mandarin's first door(underground)? Using knock knock crashes the game, can't force neither lockpick it.
Edit: Found it.
Killed that annoying Lieutenant

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which skills are responsible for spell choices? ( which skills do I need to increase in order to get new spells? )

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Yeah, that description/poem actually solves two puzzles at the same time, which are then brought together.

So there are two "meanings" to be extracted: the content of what is said and then the words themselves.

Oh herp de derp, I just went back down into the catacombs to double-check, and I forgot to search the first time I was there

I still dont know how to solve it.... Or how to open the skull door in the baths

Go to the locked skull door in the catacombs, you should have a key to open it (or already did). Use the look command in there and you will receive a poem in your journal, that has the clues how to solve the device in the museum.

The gate in the baths will be opened from the other side later on. You need to do other things first.

mondblut

Arcane
Having started in the forest, I of course had access to the Shrine of the Raptor.

Now, in the
Exemplar Vault you enter with the owl's key
, I found a teleport back to the Shrine of the Raptor, and I wonder whether that is availble to people with different starts too or not.

It teleports into the portion available to everyone, right next to the entrance.

mondblut

Arcane
Is it level based then? No stat increases the amount of skill points you gain per level? I understand the multiplier just not what governs the base number you get before it's multiplied by 1.0 or 0.8 and so on.

No stat increase skill gained, skill gained is the same roll each time multiplied by the bonuses from each races/classes

OTOH, it seems one of mental stats does affect skill gain rate for some skills that develop with use. When I was grinding climbing, my spellcasters used every climb to raise the skill, quickly maxing it. The less intellectually developed dwarven berserker and wolfin ranger were at around 50 by that moment, and it took them twice as many attempts to max it. By the time they did, my dumb as a brick saurian was under 40, I spent 3 times as much time grinding him alone, and gave up at about 80. He only increased in, like, 1 out of 8 climbs.

Curiously, this is not true for swimming, everyone learns it at equal rate and finishes simultaneously.

Grimlorn

Arcane

OTOH, it seems one of mental stats does affect skill gain rate for some skills that develop with use. When I was grinding climbing, my spellcasters used every climb to raise the skill, quickly maxing it. The less intellectually developed dwarven berserker and wolfin ranger were at around 50 by that moment, and it took them twice as many attempts to max it. By the time they did, my dumb as a brick saurian was under 40, I spent 3 times as much time grinding him alone, and gave up at about 80. He only increased in, like, 1 out of 8 climbs.

Curiously, this is not true for swimming, everyone learns it at equal rate and finishes simultaneously.
What race class casters do you have? What sticks out to me is possible low intelligence on wolfin, dwarf, and especially Saurian. They also have low Metabolism but so does Aeorb and I'm assuming you have one of those as a caster.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Go to the locked skull door in the catacombs, you should have a key to open it (or already did). Use the look command in there and you will receive a poem in your journal, that has the clues how to solve the device in the museum.

The gate in the baths will be opened from the other side later on. You need to do other things first.
Yeah I got that but the clues are simply beyond me... I thought some of the puzzles on Wizardry 7 were kind of vague but this takes the cake

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Viata

Did you find the combinations for the chests in the SE Vanguard building in Kublai and the one in the Saurian cave?

Also, did you get to the Titan Lake on the other side of the small lake? I wonder if there is another mode of transportation there or if it's necessary to simply swim the second lake.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah I got that but the clues are simply beyond me... I thought some of the puzzles on Wizardry 7 were kind of vague but this takes the cake

Have you crossed the Samhain gorge? Because that needs to come first anyway.

The solution to the puzzle with the machine:

1. Crush the egg you got in the Eyrie by using the machine in deepsink project.

2. Read the inscriptions in the catacombs. Then open your journal and click on catacombs and then on the bottom left on the recorded clues. Notice which words that apear in that catacomb clue also appear on the buttons in the machine in the Museum of Magic and enter them in that sequence.

3. Put the omelett and the egg that comes out together and then put that back into the machine.

4. Take the result of that to the nest in the Eyrie.

Viata

Arcane
Viata

Did you find the combinations for the chests in the SE Vanguard building in Crowl and the one in the Saurian cave?

Also, did you get to the Titan Lake on the other side of the small lake? I wonder if there is another mode of transportation there or if it's necessary to simply swim the second lake.

I have not found any single combination for any chest yet. Also, I don't have a map for Saurian cave, what is the name?
Titan lake would be Loch Titan? If so, there is a secret passage on Loch Lalain with a Harpie woman there, she need a book to sing for you. She will get the transportation you need to cross the waters. If not, I have not gone there where you are yet.

Stabwound

Arcane
So, I figured out the Cenotaph by trial and error, but was there an in-game answer to the part with the:

Putting the dead rat and using the wand thing in the alcove?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I have not found any single combination for any chest yet. Also, I don't have a map for Saurian cave, what is the name?
Titan lake would be Loch Titan? If so, there is a secret passage on Loch Lalain with a Harpie woman there, she need a book to sing for you. She will get the transportation you need to cross the waters. If not, I have not gone there where you are yet.

The Saurian cave has one of the tablets. It's what the whole generator activation in Waterport is for - it drains the cavern underneath. Then there is a well there that you can use to descend into the cave.

And yeah, Loch Titan. When you take that thingie over the first lake to the other side, there is a dark cavern there that you can cross to a second lake.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
So there's an enemy called Marshlight that can drain your characters' food bar. The status will say "X is starving!" but does it actually do anything?

A600

Educated
Yes, Cleve removed it:

This is V1. Food is one of the things I just ignored. I've had a million implementations of things for that bar. At present there will be no food entropy. It might get turned on in V2. That bar at various times has represented morale, anger and mental health. They all got canned as I found they didn't add much. Chances are in V2 that food bar will start to decline and when it hits zero it will begin to burn vitality.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I just realized that right-clicking on the Magic Sack or Wizard Bag opens a 4x4 grid of squares where items can be placed. However, when I try place a key in the Wizard Bag or a magic item in the Magic Sack, the grid simply closes when I left-click on one of the squares in the grid (and right-clicking does nothing). I assume I'm missing something obvious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom