Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
FFUUUUU, I don't want to restart for a third time with 4 pirates, 2 assassins and 2 jesters :negative:

Just slice exp curve in half and drop stat reset on multiclassing.
Yeah, I really like the thought of having classes to work toward. Cleve's solution seems to reduce the incline and make balance issues even worse by allowing even more powerful classes up front. Though that does depend somewhat on what other changes he introduces at the same time.

They are really just different classes, they labor under the same difficulties at startup and also have to gain skills, weapons, spells and prowess to build them up.

Weasel
Septic seppo was trying to get support on the forum but no ownership icon of course.

I think Nekot got him a key in the end though, to facilitate development on the Decline editor.

Anyway, Cleve, if you're doing a major update are you thinking of using the beta test branch for it? Might be a good idea to get a few of us to test it before you roll it out to everyone.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Septic seppo was trying to get support on the forum but no ownership icon of course.

I think Nekot got him a key in the end though, to facilitate development on the Decline editor.

Anyway, Cleve, if you're doing a major update are you thinking of using the beta test branch for it? Might be a good idea to get a few of us to test it before you roll it out to everyone.

If it does anything major other than adjust tables and fix existing bugs I will put it up as a beta branch.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
cleve, which one is more important, playing it or not pirating it?

It's not actually "pirating" since at present it has no DRM. It's just sad pathetic little men frantically masturbating while demonstrating they don't even have $40 to spare. Pitiful individuals. The exact sort of people that earlier tribes put out on ice floes to die.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Next update will break all mods and editors currently being written by confirmed pirates. None of that stuff will work so might as well abandon that version. I have already done some work on this. If you want to build an editor, purchase the game through the Steam store. Maybe I will work with real owners. Pirates I will keep busting all your hacks shortly with a rotating encryption alg that will change every single version issued. I am sure most of these guys don't exactly have busy schedules this century so I am certain they will eventually crack each one ... right before I release the next one.

mwnn85

Savant
What's the issue with DECLINE?
Wizardry has the Cosmic Forge editor.
I haven't felt the need to cheat in overpowered characters but it's interesting to see all the items, etc that exist in the game.

I like to see a few more items offered for sale early game.
Just the basics, nothing magical.
Maybe a few basic weapons for the special classes.
It might work better if the standard items sold by Smithers aren't depleted when bought.
I'd like to equip two Brigadines for example.
Or at least have multiple basic leather armor, pants, gloves, helmets for sale.

I'm finding that a Giant can't wear leather trousers - his Race portrait shows him as wearing some!
Neither can he use a Longsword/Broadsword but can use the starting Small Handaxe - there's not a lot of logic to it.
I'd expected him to be able to use a large two handed sword possibly even in one hand!
Since I've got no foreknowledge in advance of what races can/cannot equip - I've had to use a Polearm instead.
Why are claws hitting for more than weapons?

It'd be especially handy if you could ASSAY a weapon to see it's damage value before purchasing.
Although I do believe merchants buy back the items at the same price if sold back immediately.
This would require a revamp to the purchasing screen.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Next update will break all mods and editors currently being written by confirmed pirates. None of that stuff will work so might as well abandon that version. I have already done some work on this. If you want to build an editor, purchase the game through the Steam store. Maybe I will work with real owners. Pirates I will keep busting all your hacks shortly with a rotating encryption alg that will change every single version issued. I am sure most of these guys don't exactly have busy schedules this century so I am certain they will eventually crack each one ... right before I release the next one.
Zeppo Derp is not a pirate, as he got a legitimate Steam key as a gift. But he is an asshole, I totally agree with that.

ukdouble1

Educated
sold almost 5000 copies without even a manual.
About 25 my steam friends add game in his wish-list, but none of them buy the game until it is brought to an acceptable state (the presence of a manual, the balance between the complexity of the enemies and the experience gained for their killing, the removal of unused elements of game mechanics). And everyone is waiting and always ask "can already play?". And September 14 will be released Divinity 2 and the whole crowd will find what to do.

mercyRPG

Cipher
sold almost 5000 copies without even a manual.
About 25 my steam friends add game in his wish-list, but none of them buy the game until it is brought to an acceptable state (the presence of a manual, the balance between the complexity of the enemies and the experience gained for their killing, the removal of unused elements of game mechanics). And everyone is waiting and always ask "can already play?". And September 14 will be released Divinity 2 and the whole crowd will find what to do.

Manual should be lowest priority. Blacksmithing, forging, mixing potions and powders should be highest priority, along with what ever the heck C has planned for V2 V3. Let the users create the Wiki, walkthroughs, tips, fan manuals.

ukdouble1

Educated
Blacksmithing, forging, mixing potions and powders should be highest priority
I, of course, can not influence the development of the game in any way (I can not even decide whether I'm a fan or a hater), but it seems to me that it's worth cutting off the not working (blacksmithing, hunger) and finishing what has already been done. V1 will be completed.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Why do you care so much about a couple optional things that are not working? What difference does it make if it's cut out or not? There are legitimate issues, eg. balancing, manual, but you're focusing on stuff that doesn't even matter.

Rick

Erudite

I assume those changes won't break game saves?

And just for clarification, it'll only break mods and editors from pirates, not mods and editors from non-pirates? Because from what I understand (could be mistaken), Zep got his copy of the game via a legitimate Steam key?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Next update will break all mods and editors currently being written by confirmed pirates. None of that stuff will work so might as well abandon that version. I have already done some work on this. If you want build an editor, purchase the game through the Steam store. Maybe I will work with real owners. Pirates I will keep busting all your hacks shortly with a rotating encryption alg that will change every single version issued.

Sounds like a stupid idea. People hate DRM because it often interferes with legitimate customers. Breaking their mods just because a pirate made them will have the same effect.

ukdouble1

Educated
What difference does it make if it's cut out or not?
It seems to me that the experience gained for killing enemies does not correspond to their complexity at all. It seems to me that spells of the same level are very different in usefulness (deep freezing is a cheat, for example). There are absolutely garbage classes (a thief, a warrior). The situation after the
murder of a
Argosyre seems to me either a bug or stupidity.
And those elements that are not touched at all, IMO, it is better to temporarily remove. Blacksmithing and the mechanics of food / hunger are not present, and it is better to temporarily leave them alone. There are things to do in the area that runs almost good.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It seems to me that the experience gained for killing enemies does not correspond to their complexity at all. It seems to me that spells of the same level are very different in usefulness (deep freezing is a cheat, for example). There are absolutely garbage classes (a thief, a warrior).

Some of that are legitimate issues that are being addressed, but you won't get Pillars of Eternity type balance in this game.

The situation after the
murder of a
Argosyre seems to me either a bug or stupidity.

It's working as intended, actually.

And those elements that are not touched at all, IMO, it is better to temporarily remove. Blacksmithing and the mechanics of food / hunger are not present, and it is better to temporarily leave them alone.

It's not important whether they are removed.

Bocian

Arcane
CenASXL.png

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
And no, he shouldn't have released it in Early Access, for the game is feature complete. Bloodlines, Fallout 2 or Arcanum were also buggy and unbalanced at release for god's sake!

Not to mention, Early Access is cancer and pandering to entitled fanboys who think they know better than the dev how the game should play.

Early access is the exact opposite of pandering to players. You have some dreamlike vision of what early access is, when devs work side-by-side with gamers trying to provide the best possible game. It's just a fucking excuse to ship an unfinished game for some easy cash.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I assume those changes won't break game saves?

And just for clarification, it'll only break mods and editors from pirates, not mods and editors from non-pirates? Because from what I understand (could be mistaken), Zep got his copy of the game via a legitimate Steam key?

Resource files and all library assets will be encrypted and completely altered in structure. Legal owners will notice no changes at all.

ukdouble1

Educated
Some of that are legitimate issues that are being addressed, but you won't get Pillars of Eternity type balance in this game.
No, the balance of the PoE is terrible, this is not a balance, but a leveling. These are the same uninteresting things (except for the door-shield), this is boredom. But the situation when the worms attacking the party are capable of destroying the equipment, and when the party destroys the helpless flower with one blow, should be regarded in different ways, not per 35 exp in both cases.
It's not important whether they are removed.
It is very important. For the sake of metallsmithing, I took a weak character, and then I found out that there was no blacksmithing. The player is deceived at the start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom