Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire RSF Unpacker

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
The directory is now named after the bundle sans the extension (BUNDLE-Z instead of BUNDLE-Z.RSF), so you shouldn't need to rename it before using anymore.

GandGolf

Augur
put it and a copy of the bundle file in its own folder
rename the bundle file to something like Bundle.rsf
open cmd prompt

run in the cmd window:
rsfunpack.exe bundle.rsf

it will create a directory called BUNDLE-Z.RSF with the file unpacked.

that's how I did it, anyway.
main thing being, you HAVE to rename the bundle, or the directory does not get created.

Zep--

That worked, thanks!

Unfortunately my Norton thought it was suspicious for containing SONAR.AM.C!g24

GandGolf

Augur
Has anybody been able to use the RSF unpacker to learn any of the console commands or cheat codes?

LJ40

Cipher
Ultimate goal is to unpack RSF properly, edit the files and PACK IT BACK PROPERLY, so the game loads unfazed. Then we have a perfect MOD tool. Especially I'm eyeing some WAV files to edit: metallic hit sound for ex.

Well, Cleve said he will release the Grimoire tools for modders anyway at some point. And we all know it will take some time.
Cleve says a lot of shit. Being fucktarded enough to believe it sounds like a personal problem. You should work on that.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
You will want to modify your utility to accommodate the rotating encryption cipher I have coming in the next version that changes with every build version as the encryption seed for the variable length hex key. Already tested and working here. Your utility will have to look at the latest executable to figure out how to crack the resource each time and also use the correct decoder block which is matched to an offset based on the build version. I have a couple wrinkles to add in later builds by just flipping compiler switches which will change the encryption algorithm by reversing the decoding or lifting it from starting offsets.

This is based on a similar method I wrote for a defense contractor to scramble digital radio in real time.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
You will want to modify your utility to accommodate the rotating encryption cipher I have coming in the next version that changes with every build version as the encryption seed for the variable length hex key.

What a GIGANTIC, BUTT-HURT, FAGGOT you are, Cleveland Mark Blakemore.

Zep--

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh ho, are you trying to give me a head-start here, Cleve? The idea of entering into a never-ending encryption arms race against a neanderthal superman is an exciting thought, but I don't fancy my odds. I'll presume your eagerness to encrypt is a measure of all the fantastic new content coming with v2.0 and warmly welcome the pending invalidation of my program.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Like he's going to add anything to the RSF. It's been 6 months and basic shit is still broken.

Like weapons with 0 range
Like weapons with 0 damage.
Like 2 handed weapons in a Quiver slot.
And more fucked up shit.

I discovered all this shit in the first month with DECLNE editor.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore needs to take his dick out of his hand and put it on the keyboard and start fixing this obvious shit instead of fantasizing about military RSF encryption.

Zep--

groke

Arcane
Patron
As promised, the RSF has been encrypted as of 1.2.0.75, so .30 is the final version the unpacker works with (well, it still unpacks the files since the header data is the same, but the resulting files are unreadable.)
If Cleve changes the encryption again for v2 I might update it to work with .75, but otherwise I'll let sleeping neanderthals lie.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As promised, the RSF has been encrypted as of 1.2.0.75, so .30 is the final version the unpacker works with (well, it still unpacks the files since the header data is the same, but the resulting files are unreadable.)
If Cleve changes the encryption again for v2 I might update it to work with .75, but otherwise I'll let sleeping neanderthals lie.

Was it changed?

groke

Arcane
Patron

Was it changed?
At a glance, it looks identical to me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'd still like a working unpacker. :o

Why do you need binary access to the internal resources of the game? Is that really covered in your purchase of the game? Do you think as a site admin that is really setting a good example for other people on the Codex?

Because I want to extract the portraits from your game as accurately as possible for the Codex avatar gallery. If you updated the game so they're read from an external directory that would help too!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Well, I'd still like a working unpacker. :o

Why do you need binary access to the internal resources of the game? Is that really covered in your purchase of the game? Do you think as a site admin that is really setting a good example for other people on the Codex?

Because I want to extract the portraits from your game as accurately as possible for the Codex avatar gallery. If you updated the game so they're read from an external directory that would help too!

Can I send a file to your PM?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom