Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

mondblut

Arcane
Can anyone help me out with what I'm supposed to do next? I've got all 8 tablets placed, but haven't been to oblivion or the tabernacle - I can't seem to get in. I've spoken with all NPCs in the area and no one provides any relevant information. Black Pierre and the other pirate are dead, Daisy and Balderdash have been rescued. What exactly am I missing here? Been stuck for a while trying to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do

Climb the blackspike summit and find the lair of the white owl. There is one other item you need to proceed to Cromlech of the Clock.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
tabernacle - I can't seem to get in.

You need a braided golden cord to enter the tabernacle. I can't remember where I found it, though; probably somewhere in or around Waterport. Cast Locate Item.

iqzulk

Augur
Browsing, I found the name for the Djinn bottle aboard the Snark.
4th level of the Grand Refuge of the Ancients contains an Ancient History tablet, containing "Master Djinn name":
AXASHAZZAR
The problem, however, is, that this name doesn't really work for me for that Snark Mistress djinn.
Damn.

Viata

Arcane
4th level of the Grand Refuge of the Ancients contains an Ancient History tablet, containing "Master Djinn name":
AXASHAZZAR
The problem, however, is, that this name doesn't really work for me for that Snark Mistress djinn.
Damn.
That name is used to get the best sword in the last dungeon.

Kayerts

Arcane
AXASHAZZAR
Damn.

That's not his name. He does have a response to that, once you give him his name, but it's just for flavor. His true name is:

AGDULHANISH. It doesn't do you any good unless you also know the names for his spells.

ALAVARZOO - level up for everyone
ABBADOODOO - noncritical item
ABBAKOOKOO - to Astral Plane

PEACH

Arbiter
AXASHAZZAR
Damn.

That's not his name. He does have a response to that, once you give him his name, but it's just for flavor. His true name is:

AGDULHANISH. It doesn't do you any good unless you also know the names for his spells.

How/where do you find this information in-game?

Viata

Arcane
AXASHAZZAR
Damn.

How/where do you find this information in-game?
Good luck with that. :lol:

iqzulk

Augur
Okay, found this in the resources. Well, since the djinn states outright, that he has 7 wishes, I think I'll just mention the remaining 4 shitty ones.
ALAKASHAR - Djinn command word for healing.
ALAVANZOO - Djinn command word to reveal secret page of the spellbook.
ANASHSANSAR - Djinn command word to restore strength.
ARRAKEEZAR - Djinn command word for resurrection spell.

iqzulk

Augur
Cleve says that all these names should be accessible with Mindread.
Some NPCs are unreadable ("mind is blank"). Djinn included.

On an unrelated note, for teleporting through walls, as per version .22, do this (save modification using any hex-editor, basically cheating)
Changing X coordinate (left/right 1 square = -1/+1 to the values at the corresponding addresses): addresses 58332, 58338, 58340 (in decimal notation).

Changing Y coordinate (up/down 1 square = -1/+1 to the values at the corresponding addresses): addresses 58334, 58339, 58342 (in decimal notation).

Note1: probably not all of those 3 addresses per coordinate are NECESSARY in order to change the factual player position on the map, but changing all three at the same time is, nonetheless, SUFFICIENT in order to change the player's location on the map.
Note2: I can imagine addresses shifting slightly from the version to version, and I don't want to check out, if that is the case. For the purpose of reference, in .22 save file, the word HERALDS starts from the address 58378 (in decimal notation). If it starts from the different address in your version of the game, shift all the addresses above accordingly (so, if HERALDS starts from 58373=58378-5 instead of 58378, then the left/right changing coordinates are probably 58332-5=58327, 59338-5=38333 and 58340-5=58335).

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally got the solutions re: unpickable coded chests in the Nether Passages, Kublai Axis, and Saltwyrm Caverns. Solution in spoiler below quote block.
Thank you! Now Kublai Axis' chest is mine (when I finally leave these islands)
Of course I killed Ducat without giving him muh moneyz. :negative:

mondblut

Arcane
Is there a legit way to get into Vanguard vault in Kublai other than by stealing the key from Shrike? And, likewise, how to get into Shock Troops Induction Centre and the warehouse without angering Shrike (and probably killing him)?

iqzulk

Augur
Is there a legit way to get into Vanguard vault in Kublai other than by stealing the key from Shrike? And, likewise, how to get into Shock Troops Induction Centre and the warehouse without angering Shrike (and probably killing him)?
Knock-Knock.

PEACH

Arbiter
Induction centre and warehouse you can break the door down I think. Not sure if it angers him however as my party killed him prior to exploring those areas due to his displeasure with our massacre of crowl

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hum, nothing special to do in hold of knossos, but the special spot in the middle of the map ?

I vaguely recall Cleve mentioning pre-release something about hiding the best weapon in the game on some remote area in the middle of the map. maybe that's it?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I have to say, this was my first time talking to people about a game I we were all playing and it was kind of fun. Usually I think this kind of shit is weird, but with so many question marks it was helpful and enjoyable.

Nixheb

Arcane
Hum, nothing special to do in hold of knossos, but the special spot in the middle of the map ?

I vaguely recall Cleve mentioning pre-release something about hiding the best weapon in the game on some remote area in the middle of the map. maybe that's it?

Hum... I suspect either a red herring or something to be activated ...

There are flowers in the spot, which reveals some grotesque head pattern on examination, but nothing more.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I Found the exact quote:
All the haters are going to say, "I am sure that nobody could detail all those maps cell by cell. I'll just go and click this obscure corner here in the middle of nowhere to show how empty it really is." (Discovers most powerful weapon in game)

Anyone thinks he found it?

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Hum... I suspect either a red herring or something to be activated ...

There are flowers in the spot, which reveals some grotesque head pattern on examination, but nothing more.

Try sleeping on that square (more than once IIRC)

ukdouble1

Educated
If armor class of party member becomes higher than 128, it starts to display as negative. This is probably an overflow bug. Is it clear, where exactly does it happen? That is, it is only a display error or in combat it will be considered negative?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
If armor class of party member becomes higher than 128, it starts to display as negative. This is probably an overflow bug. Is it clear, where exactly does it happen? That is, it is only a display error or in combat it will be considered negative?

I saw someone mention it is a display bug, but I don't know how reliable that is since I saw no explanation of how he came to such conclusion. I suggest testing it yourself. For science.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom