Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
ELEX doesn't need a jetpack, because it alreay has built-in
incline.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You Either Die A Fan of ELEX, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain of Decline

ortucis

Prophet
what's with their terrible day/night cycle? The shadows seem to tick down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=835&v=-9OD-Vdg9SY

still looks like an mmo. why should I care about this thing?

I bet the ini files will have some setting like "tick" settings which you can reduce to speed-up the dynamic shadows casting... and the reason why it's so slow is because of performance issues when done so at the moment. They might end up improving the performance for the final release, who knows?

Anyway, even though I hated most of the Risen series, at least with Risen 3 they went back to Gothic formula a bit, but it was too late then. But I still enjoy the universe PB creates compared to Bethesda or Bioware. It feels more handcrafted and entertaining.

If you want a true MMO experience in a SP game, go play Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect: Andromeda. Amalur is the worst despite having good combat (which they lifted from Fable 1, and it's fun). Generic fetch quests, shit MMO storyline and glorious level scaling (though that isn't common in MMO's.. the way it's done in Amalur).

The level scaling in Amalur fucks you over if you're a new player and have no idea it exists, you teleport to a new location then teleport back to previous finish some more quests, only to find that the new location enemies were capped to the level you teleported to previously. I ended up in a situation where like 40 hrs in, enemies in a new area were getting one hit killed by me cause I teleported to that location like 20 levels ago just to check out the new environment I would be heading into later on. Uninstalled it at that point.

Anyway, still looking forward to ELEX. Haven't played a good 3rd person RPG for a long time now.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want a true MMO experience in a SP game, go play Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect: Andromeda. Amalur is the worst despite having good combat (which they lifted from Fable 1, and it's fun). Generic fetch quests, shit MMO storyline and glorious level scaling (though that isn't common in MMO's.. the way it's done in Amalur).

The level scaling in Amalur fucks you over if you're a new player and have no idea it exists, you teleport to a new location then teleport back to previous finish some more quests, only to find that the new location enemies were capped to the level you teleported to previously. I ended up in a situation where like 40 hrs in, enemies in a new area were getting one hit killed by me cause I teleported to that location like 20 levels ago just to check out the new environment I would be heading into later on. Uninstalled it at that point.
That's mostly because Kingdoms of Amalur was initially planned and designed as an MMO. They just couldn't pull it off and ran out of funds (IIRC), so they released what they could.
And, yeah, it absolutely shows.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Still better than Twitcher garbage and Bethesda vomit so I will play it...

Also, after careful consideration, I've decided I would buttfuck Jenny.

That is all.

She is pregnant. You sick fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom