Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
TheHeroOfTime
You also get "there is no auto-saving" message after starting the new game for the first time.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I remember that I lowered the difficulty (Was playing on Hard) level at the start of the B route due the no auto-save. Fucking ship-shooting stages. :negative:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I had the opposite experience. The difficulty become a joke after switching to 9S. Hacking minigame is pretty easy and hacking itself is super powerful.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Watched the above video. My biggest gripe with it is that it's not long enough - he skips over large sections to keep his point "concise".

It's not 100% accurate but is still a great source of info, well worth a watch if you're into vidja game music and history.

Archibald

Arcane
Yeah, I understand that he wanted to do small tribute to his friend that passed away at the end and his short side-point on Sierra having women designers and how nobody gave a shit is relevant in current-year context, but those extra 5 minutes definetely could have been used to expand on some points.

Zenith

Arbiter
Expected at least a brief mention on NOLF, possibly on Thief, but oh well, Monkey Island is enough to make a point I guess.

Also I don't think he used the correct SoundCanvas to showcase E1M1 "the way it's meant to be played". Maybe it's the one he has in posession though.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Expected at least a brief mention on NOLF, possibly on Thief, but oh well, Monkey Island is enough to make a point I guess.

The original presentation sounds like it was at least 20 minutes longer, but I wouldn't have minded if he'd gone on for another 40. If he did, he would probably have mentioned Thief as an example of a game that gave extra information via audio, though not necessarily due to its soundtrack (it was more the ambient sounds).

v1rus

Arcane
list-of-worthwhile-dos-games.jpg

Where's Moonstone? I repeat, where's Moonstone :argh:

Dark Sun and Al-Qadim are both prolly worth a spot, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom