Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I need a good game

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Can you guys explain what a/s/l is? I am a relative newfag and don't understand any of this.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
a/s/l
Age / Sex / Location. The mating call of the barely post-pubescant teenager. Typically the male initiates this signal, as an attempt to attract a female that can give an honest reply to his liking. More often, however, the male is fooled by another male, generally much older, who will impersonate his "dream girl" for his own sick, sadistic pleasure.
Horny teenager: "A/S/L?"
50yr old bald, obese guy sitting naked at computer, scratching double chin and eating cheetos: "16/F/hopefully in your bedroom soon ;) "
Horny Teenager: "Wanna cyber?!?!"
50yr old dude: "Thought you'd never ask!!!!!"
#a/s/l#asl#age/sex/location#asl?#a/s/l?
by PurEvil April 24, 2006

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Mustawd

this shit was really fucking good:
http://kissasian.ch/Drama/Signal
signal2.jpg

the two cops on the left end up accidentally receiving radio transmissions from 20 years ago from the cop on the right, and they begin attempting to use this to solve cold cases from that time period except every time they fix one thing, something else goes to shit.

first half of the series is very veyr good and puts american cop seriesl to shame; later on it gets a bit more "dramatic" as they kind of start running out of ways to not fuck up the time line, but even so the entire 16 episodes are great. Excellent acting, also female cop is ridiculously pretty.

the_shadow

Arcane
His tastes in gaming aren't bad. In fact, they seem to conform to Codex consensus, except for his approval of Fallout 3 and lukewarmness for Planescape: Torment.

Anyway, you could try Morrowind, although the dialogue while in depth tends to be pretty similar between NPCs. Skyrim is more flash graphic wise, but dialogue isn't all that great either.

Lord_Kamael

Literate
His tastes in gaming aren't bad. In fact, they seem to conform to Codex consensus, except for his approval of Fallout 3 and lukewarmness for Planescape: Torment.

Anyway, you could try Morrowind, although the dialogue while in depth tends to be pretty similar between NPCs. Skyrim is more flash graphic wise, but dialogue isn't all that great either.

i don't dislike planescape: torment lol, i'm just tired of top down rpg's. XD and yeah i actually see that fallout 3 has a lot of fucking problems but still i had a lot of fun playing it. and i never tried morrowind, probably because i really fucking hate skyrim, so i'm kinda scared that it feels like that garbage.

Lord_Kamael

Literate
Divinity 2:The Dragon Knight Saga.

The Witcher series.

The Technomancer

i have divinity in here alredy, the witcher i've played the first two games and loved it, but the witcher 3 doesn't run in my computer, sadly. ;-; and is that technomancer any good? it looks kinda crappy...

i'm trying to use te multiquote but for some odd reson its not working, so i think i will have to reply individually

Lord_Kamael

Literate
Since you seem to be into action, I'd suggest Deus Ex, Deus HR, Alpha Protocol, System Shock 2, Pathologic and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Also, since you liked Arx Fatalis, and lack many serious RPGs, you should play Ultima Underworld.

Finally for penance, and since you said Fable, which is Molyneux garbage, you must also play Two Worlds II, the twoening.

i've played all these games except alpha protocol and pathologic. this alpha protocol, is it good? i've seen people talking about it many times, i think i wil probablly give it a chance, and that "pathologic" looks reaaaally interesting, i liked the visual.

Mustawd

Mustawd

signal2.jpg

the two cops on the left end up accidentally receiving radio transmissions from 20 years ago from the cop on the right, and they begin attempting to use this to solve cold cases from that time period except every time they fix one thing, something else goes to shit.

first half of the series is very veyr good and puts american cop seriesl to shame; later on it gets a bit more "dramatic" as they kind of start running out of ways to not fuck up the time line, but even so the entire 16 episodes are great. Excellent acting, also female cop is ridiculously pretty.

Before I commit, can you comment on dubs vs subs? Are any of these dubbed? Or is it subs all the way?

Mustawd

Mustawd

signal2.jpg

Before I commit, can you comment on dubs vs subs? Are any of these dubbed? Or is it subs all the way?

aweigh

Falksi

Arcane

The Witcher series.

The Technomancer

i have divinity in here alredy, the witcher i've played the first two games and loved it, but the witcher 3 doesn't run in my computer, sadly. ;-; and is that technomancer any good? it looks kinda crappy...

i'm trying to use te multiquote but for some odd reson its not working, so i think i will have to reply individually

Loads of folk love the Witcher 3, personally I much prefered the first 2, but it's definite;y worth a go as some folk who actually know their stuff seem to rate it as the best RPG ever.

I THRIVED on the Technomancer. It's rough, it's flawed, and the only really fun combat system for me was playing as a Rogue (the others were way too clunky, but Rogue was muchos funos). But if you can bare with games like Risen you'll easily be able to bare with The Technomancer. It's got a superb atmosphere (it fucking drips that wonderful off-world vibe) the characters are cool, and personally it's my fave PS4 game so far (above The Witcher 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided etc.)

It's definitely got elements which I can understand put people off, but if you can bare with them there's a great experience to be had.

Uncle Skull

Educated
If we ignore the need for quests and open world bullshit, you should like Severance: Blade of Darkness.
Its pretty much Soulsborne before Soulsborne, with the best gore you will ever see in a videogame.

Lord_Kamael

Literate

The Witcher series.

The Technomancer

Loads of folk love the Witcher 3, personally I much prefered the first 2, but it's definite;y worth a go as some folk who actually know their stuff seem to rate it as the best RPG ever.

I THRIVED on the Technomancer. It's rough, it's flawed, and the only really fun combat system for me was playing as a Rogue (the others were way too clunky, but Rogue was muchos funos). But if you can bare with games like Risen you'll easily be able to bare with The Technomancer. It's got a superb atmosphere (it fucking drips that wonderful off-world vibe) the characters are cool, and personally it's my fave PS4 game so far (above The Witcher 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided etc.)

It's definitely got elements which I can understand put people off, but if you can bare with them there's a great experience to be had.

nice! thank you for the advice, i'm going to put technomancer in my list

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom