Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Oh by the way something real stupid: on recruitment the game auto-levels up the companions, so you're incentivized to beeline for them and try to avoid incidental/extra XP. Real stupid, but hey, it's Larian

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh by the way something real stupid: on recruitment the game auto-levels up the companions, so you're incentivized to beeline for them and try to avoid incidental/extra XP. Real stupid, but hey, it's Larian
Wow, that's incredibly stupid, considering the logic already applied to the game mechanics, what with the companions bending to your wishes anyway. One would expect them to at least be consistent; if we've already accepted that the companions have no set molds and that they'll basically bend to what you need or want - and I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing - the idea of them still somehow progressing in their own thing while you're not there becomes even weirder.

I mean, hopefully there'll be a proper save editor soon, but given that D:OS:EE never got one (or had the D:OS1 one updated), I'm not sure I should get my hopes up.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can't you respec them anyway or are they stuck with whatever they got forever?

Listening to the soundtrack now.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Official soundtrack uploaded to YouTube:

00:00 - Divinity - Original Sin 2 (Main Theme)
03:39 - Mead, Gold, and Blood (Ifan's Theme)
06:19 - Symphony of the Void
09:48 - Rivellon
12:05 - Welcome to Fort Joy
14:08 - A Single Drop of Magic
17:36 - Reflections from the Past
20:18 - Quirky Bones
21:42 - Dancing with the Source
24:07 - Dancing with the Source (Cello Version)
26:31 - Dancing with the Source (Tambura Version)
28:55 - Dancing with the Source (Bansuri Version)
31:21 - Dancing with the Source (Oud Version)
33:46 - Power of Innocence 2017 (Orchestral Version)
37:47 - Reaper's Coast
41:34 - Rivellon (Light Version)
43:51 - A Part of Their Story
48:03 - Amber Ale
51:45 - Driftwood
55:30 - Path of the Godwoken
58:44 - Path of the Godwoken (Tambura Version)
1:01:57 - Path of the Godwoken (Bansuri Version)
1:05:11 - Path of the Godwoken (Oud Version)
1:08:24 - Path of the Godwoken (Cello Version)
1:11:37 - A Tear in the Veil
1:16:15 - Sebille's Theme
1:19:43 - Divine's Lament
1:24:04 - Embrace of the Deathfog
1:28:14 - Fane's Theme
1:30:36 - Sins and Gods (Cello Version)
1:33:15 - Sing for Me (Lohse's Theme)
1:36:10 - Red Prince Theme
1:39:10 - The Queen's High Seas (Beast's Theme)
1:41:44 - Sins and Gods (Strings Version)
1:43:52 - The Battle for Divinity
1:48:55 - Divine's Lament (Bonus Song, lead vocals by Borislav Slavov)

I always think that there's a special place in hell for people that upload soundtracks without actually dividing it by track.

KateMicucci

Arcane
The elf body eating thing isn't nearly as cool as it sounds.

It almost never gives you any useful information, and you can't use whatever random skill you MIGHT get unless you have points in the ability.

You can use mask of the shapeshifter to turn into an elf for the purpose of eating body parts.

There's something wacky about item prices. NPCs are selling empty flasks for $288, and other crafting junk for high prices as well. I took the 1AP grenade skill on Sebille, but grenades are too expensive to craft for that trait to be useful.

Battlemage Beast is working better than I expected. He's not blowing away the rest of my team for damage but he's keeping up just fine and is pretty survivable. Only Level 6 and he's at 29% dodge already. The only issue is lack of gap closers- he has teleport and battering ram but it would be nice if he had a jump like everyone else on the team. Will have to wait for blitz and phoenix dive to become available I suppose.

The Perseverance skill looks so bad that it's amazing it got to final release. 5% armor recovery after a hard CC doesn't sound exciting at all.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I was skeptical about this new composer at first, but I've really been enjoying the music in this game. Sad that he got the orchestra that Kirill deserved, but he did an excellent job with it.

Impressions on the game itself coming when I get a bit further into it. About 7 hours in so far and have an absolutely fantastic time though!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think I might hold off on playing this for a few patches. Non bloated tactician mode for instance.

Lacrymas

Arcane
They said they "released" "mod support" an hour ago, so I'm pretty sure they are just going to say to themselves "mods will fix it" regarding Tactician. Also, I saw a comment which said that they hardcoded the talents, so I assume that means you can't change them?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They said they "released" "mod support" an hour ago, so I'm pretty sure they are just going to say to themselves "mods will fix it" regarding Tactician.

? Is this really a serious thing to say about a game whose predecessor received daily patches for two weeks after its release, with a promise of a balance overhaul that turned into a full blown Enhanced Edition?

No, every complaint you make about this game has a good chance of being addressed. Though you'd be better off posting it on the Larian forums.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They said they "released" "mod support" an hour ago, so I'm pretty sure they are just going to say to themselves "mods will fix it" regarding Tactician.

? Is this really a serious thing to say about a game whose predecessor received daily patches for two weeks after its release, with a promise of a balance patch that turned into a full blown Enhanced Edition?

No, every complaint you make about this game has a good chance of being addressed. Though you'd be better off posting it on the Larian forums.
Daily doesn't do it justice, they patched it twice some days...

Lacrymas

Arcane
D:OS1 was almost unmoddable, so they couldn't really rely on that. I guess I'm being unfairly pessimistic, so we'll see.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wow, that's incredibly stupid, considering the logic already applied to the game mechanics, what with the companions bending to your wishes anyway. One would expect them to at least be consistent; if we've already accepted that the companions have no set molds and that they'll basically bend to what you need or want - and I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing - the idea of them still somehow progressing in their own thing while you're not there becomes even weirder.

I mean, hopefully there'll be a proper save editor soon, but given that D:OS:EE never got one (or had the D:OS1 one updated), I'm not sure I should get my hopes up.

Oh it gets worse. In the Early Access it actually wasn't like this: instead companions got deleveled so you could level them up how you wanted to. They changed it to auto-leveling on release.

Heresiarch

Prophet
This is my first and actually only game that I kickstarted. I loved all Divinity games and I am proud to read on Reddit and Kotaku that the game is great and has much better writing than DOS. I have tried to replay DOS last month but after 3/4 it really became unbearable to finish.

Too bad I am on a business trip for 6 more days and by the time I can play it spoilers and exploits would be probably everywhere. :negative:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The elf body eating thing isn't nearly as cool as it sounds.

It almost never gives you any useful information, and you can't use whatever random skill you MIGHT get unless you have points in the ability.

I think it's pretty nifty. Yeah, most of it is fluff and some skills are not useful, but it's not like it's much of an opportunity cost and sometimes you get something very useful.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oh it gets worse. In the Early Access it actually wasn't like this: instead companions got deleveled so you could level them up how you wanted to. They changed it to auto-leveling on release.

If the functionality is in, it should be possible to add a toggle to the options (like Pillars of Eternity, which originally also auto-leveled companions before you met them IIRC)

Seethe

Arbiter
They said they "released" "mod support" an hour ago, so I'm pretty sure they are just going to say to themselves "mods will fix it" regarding Tactician. Also, I saw a comment which said that they hardcoded the talents, so I assume that means you can't change them?

Lol give me a fucking break. Modding support is welcome for any game, any time, anywhere.

Murk

Arcane
My one and only complaint is one I had during development: third person dialog with larping *symbols*.

Otherwise, dear lord I am loving it. Also loving how hard twitch streamers are getting their colons stomped by crocodiles and, for the few willing to click beyond the obvious path, demon turtles.

Dorateen

Arcane
I found this video from last year's early access. Any confirmation that this method for running multiplayer to create custom party members will work in released version? Relevant part starts around the 4 minute mark.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You give a vibe of not really being keen with the idea, because it will make Larian lazy.

I am keen on the idea despite the possibility of making Larian lazy. It also gives us a better chance to get what we want.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

If the functionality is in, it should be possible to add a toggle to the options (like Pillars of Eternity, which originally also auto-leveled companions before you met them IIRC)

Why would they remove it if they planned to add it back in?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom