Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Jarmaro

Liturgist
So far I am getting on iwth with this "fight fir Divinity" but those retarded charcters are such a a pull off.
Malady probably exists only to be ironic and shady.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Finally finished dis shit at like 75-80 hours.. holy fuq.(with a mid-game reroll tho)

Big game I must say. Enjoyed it, but man, it has alot of flaws, it really has. The end fight... LOL WTF

Seriously? You just have to kill braccus ad its all over, but if u dont, its nigh impossible on tactician as lone wolf... enemies does 1 million dmg

Also, I think my game was bugged.. after i told lucian to gtfo, nothing happend.. and i could attack him until he was unconcious, triggering phase 2 lel

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally finished dis shit at like 75-80 hours.. holy fuq.(with a mid-game reroll tho)

Big game I must say. Enjoyed it, but man, it has alot of flaws, it really has. The end fight... LOL WTF

Seriously? You just have to kill braccus ad its all over, but if u dont, its nigh impossible on tactician as lone wolf... enemies does 1 million dmg

Also, I think my game was bugged.. after i told lucian to gtfo, nothing happend.. and i could attack him until he was unconcious, triggering phase 2 lel

I'm glad we are on the same page :salute:

Renfri

Cipher

If you had Lohse as companion, and didn't kill his demon buddy in his place, he would show up and you can kill him before he turns into demon, if your dps is high enough before it's his turn. Working as intended!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So what happens to Dallis?

I chose the GET RID OF ALL SOURCE, and Fane my companion died and became a spirit, but Dallis lived on? Wasn't she an eternal aswell?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Seriously though, the story has been improved, but there's lots of uncessecary tedium, stupid puzzles and time wasting shit that's not logical at all. Alot of the side-quests are actually pretty good and interesting, I found myself doing alot if not all of them.

Especially in the last chapters, the story and writing seems to not know where it wants to go, and splits up and gets confused.

All of that hidden mystery and cellars and old ancient shit that nobody touched forever, always make me smile, I love that stuff. Feels like im fucking indiana jones. In some side quests that feeling is very wel executed.

But at some point, the game keeps doing that, and it gets tedious.

Like the murder mystery in D:OS 1 was genuine fun, and all that mystery solving and shit is gud.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I chose the GET RID OF ALL SOURCE, and Fane my companion died and became a spirit, but Dallis lived on? Wasn't she an eternal aswell?

Dallis is Fane's daughter.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Dallis is Fane's daughter.

I know dude.. but it says in the slides, that Dallis lives on, after i exterminated all the source.. because Fane dies as a result of that since hes an undead eternal like dallis is.

Also, lol at the DAUGTHER FATHER PLOT... tht was rreally bad

Yeah well, there goes any hope for a proper initiative system and modification to the armor system.

In his KS updates, Swen already looks like he is high on cocaine.

DOS2 EE will just be bug fixing and balancing.

kjRDBNT.gif

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Does Larian has some kind of fetish for pressure plates mechanics ? And if they do,at least put some fucking unique loot in them you baboons,why do I keep getting 100 gold and 3 apples from them.

Cancerous random loot,it's the bane of rpgs I tell you

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So it seems I've discovered a "secret" ending that's kindda borked.

If your main avatar is Fane (or maybe any undead?) then after entering the Academy on the Nameless Isle you're given a chance to submit yourself to the God King. If you accept you'll gain the "Sworn" tag and your Bless skill is replaced by Curse. Problem is the God King is kindda demanding. And destructive. First of all if you do the Beast quest (or bump into the Secret Court in the Arx sewers) he'll instruct you to release the Deathfog and kill everyone in the city. If you disobey he'll curse you permanently.

Permanent curse is not a huge deal (just some mild debuffs) but in the final scene, before the fight with Lucian and his squad he'll order you to fulfil your Covenant, kill everyone and open a portal to release all the Voidwoken and the God King into the world. Now you have two choices:

1. Accept - what follows is a clusterfuck. Your companions will turn on you and join Lucian so now you're up against like 8 powerful enemies. Alone. No chance, mang. So before the fight I've sacked all my companions and tried to solo Lucian but I can't survive the first two rounds. For one, my Fane is a wizard so he's squishy but also the usual cheat-death tricks don't work which is weird. "Living on the Edge" doesn't work, Lucian just smashes you and there's the "Load last save" screen. Comeback Kid or the Idol of Rebirth don't work either. I suppose that's normal when you're playing solo? Or maybe it's just the final fight gimmick?

2. Decline - the God King ends you. Not even kills, he just removes you from existence, with no chance of resurrection. Now if you enter the fight with your companions and decline to obey the Covenant, the God King evaporates Fane and you have another two choices: a) fight Lucian with the rest of your team, or b) sacrifice yourself.

Problem is if you chose the sacrifice option nothing actually happens. Lucian and his squad are non-interactable, you can run around the room but that's it. Yeah.

So it seems my only option is go into the final fight with all my people, let Fane be ended and try to fight with just three members. Fight seems to be quite long tho, Braccus Rex summons the Kraken and it's just a shitstorm in general. :negative:

Metatron

Augur
Journos are for the first time in about 20 years actually praising a turn based combat rpg with plenty of meaningful content, combat that is actually challenging, choices that sometimes actually have consequences, NPC's that don't repeat the same couple of lines ad nauseam or are walking wikipedias ...
All things the self-declared monocled gentlemen here are complaining about have been sorely lacking the last decade and a half. Sure, some things need improvement and a couple of bugs need to be fixed but out of the gate it's maybe the most complete rpg experience since BG2 and less flawed at release than most Codex classics from yesteryear. And this one is even not turn based!
Reaction on the codex by the usual suspects: butthurt and edginess. Looking at the last couple of pages I still see this Lacrymas guy going at it like he's the prime authority on RPG's... probably still has to play the first minute of this game himself. :lol:
Still reading a lot of insightful posts but a couple of bad apples have really turned this place into a bad parody of itself the last couple of years didn't they.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't said anything bad about the game for a while, I think Luckmann is doing all that work for me, no idea why you are singling me out. I.e. you are a fanboy with no standards who can't even pick his targets right.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just ended the game.Oh gods the ending is the biggest mess of bugs and half-arsed powerpoint cuts that i have seen in my entire life.There were slide show panels that i didn't even understand about what their were talking let alone remember the quest involved,many of them were about bugged quest that could be finished or pointless things like farms and fishermen(really where that shit came from?).The cutting is worthy to be called the masterpiece of a twelve year old kid making his firs youtube video.

The final battle was a mess,enemies were dying for no reason and everything was in sparkling effects.In the first round i nuked the undead bitch,after that MR Rex decided to try and kill everyone.Seeing how there were like 10 enemy before my turn i did the wise thing of alt+tab and serffed the codex.After around 10 minutes the game showed me that it is my turn(the game icon on the taskbar is flickering when it is your run again) and i decided to return to the game,and almost everyone was dead except my heroes.Killed one person,a few enemy just disappeared,the rest just died from fire and shit.Meh the easiest ascension to divinity that i have seen.

Oh does anyone know what the hell you have to do with the possessed kid form the blood island?I took her on my ship and that was it.Ah and the with the demon/doctor was ridiculously easy,i just backstabbed him to death with my rogue on my first turn,meh looser.

Also fuck the idiot that came up with the lever room,most boring shit i have played in a long time!Now that i think about it most battles in Arx are shit beyond believe.Oh and the bless spell is useless after fort joy.
Still the game is ok having in mind that there isn't many rpgs and i am pretty starved for them.

Metatron

Augur
Sure there is also the guy with the Arcanum avatar going on incessantly about the supposed systemic failures of this game. The irony! :lol:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sure there is also the guy with the Arcanum avatar going on incessantly about the supposed systemic failures of this game. The irony! :lol:

He makes good points, problem is you can dissect any game to all shit if you really want, if only because nothing is perfect. You could absolutely bury the shiniest stars of the RPG pantheon with that sort of analysis.

Metatron

Augur

He makes good points, problem is you can dissect any game to all shit if you really want, if only because nothing is perfect. You could absolutely bury the shiniest stars of the RPG pantheon with that sort of analysis.

Yeah I agree. Of course the game is far from perfect and I'm sure future patches will fix and improve a couple of things but under that kind of scrutiny everything is shit. Which is probably true on the codex.
At least this has the foundation of a great rpg. You'd think people here would actually be excited about that but alas.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Uhm, no, Luckmann makes very good MAJOR points against the game, it's not nitpicking for the sake of belittling the perfect little angel which everyone likes. Maybe if your reading comprehension wasn't terrible you'd see that. Yes, OBVIOUSLY nothing is perfect, so the proclamations of perfection from the mainstream journos are incredibly pathetic and a joke, but there's a line where something (in this case, the combat) becomes objectively bad, illogical and paradoxical and the game fails at the things it proclaims it's trying to do. Maybe it's not the whole combat, but the elements it does bad drag the whole thing down. These criticisms are GOOD (if Larian listens to them) because they aren't based on knee-jerk reactions or white-knighting.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
While journos are, for the most part, intellectually bankrupt, and their praise for the game is that of a broken clock, I'm still happy for the scores. What we have here is a isometric (yes, I know it's not technically that), turn-based RPG with challenging combat, little handholding, a focus on systems and their free-form use to solve problems, and relatively subdued storyfaggotry. And it's garnering unanimous critical praise. Only way this can result in decline is if Larian follows the Bioware path, but that seems unlikely for a variety of reasons - primary of which being that while the storyfaggotry is improved in DOS2, it's far from the main reason why people like the game. I mean, "Swen spends the money on coke and doesn't fix the armor system" seems like the worst case scenario here.

Plus, it's always nice to see developers succeed by doggedly following their own vision and bucking industry trends in the process.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom