Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Weasel
Still waiting for V2 to start my "proper"/full playthrough. It's only a month since the "manual is nearly ready" Steam announcement so in Grimoire terms we're still ahead of schedule.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
I'm waiting too. Check every day on Steam to see if the manual or patches are incoming, and nada. Who would have thought it'd take nearly two months (plus?) to write the first draft "reference card" type thing of old. I suspect that even Cleve doesn't remember exactly how all the systems work.

Covenant

Savant
Also waiting for V2.

I'm still excited for it. A little less than previously, I do have to admit; from what I've read of people's accounts it seems as if it's a closer emulation of the 'This fight will have you reloading half a dozen times' difficulty of the later Wizardry games as opposed to the 'War of attrition' style of the earlier ones. Acknowledging our debt to the former, I yearn, nonetheless, for the latter.

But I imagine it'll still end up being the best release of its genre within the next few years.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
There is no substance in that post whatsoever.

No Substance, right ... I dont think, you understood my post at all. why ? ... Its easy, either you do not want to understand it or you can not understand it ... to explain it to you again. Either you have a firm opinion on this man and therefore do not want to have certain things true or you really are not able to understand it intellectually, because your IQ is not high enough for it. This is the only and true reason why you can not see any substance in my post. I know already now, that your attitude on this post will be again defensive. Cleve has more than right, that many people simply are not able to understand him and his work, because they do not want it and because they can not at first. Many people can only talk and talk and talk nowadays. They talk very much and too much about other people. They are not, however, aware of all the criticism that they themselves have done nothing, and therefore do not realize that they make themselves a monkey. This is the attitude of very many people at our present time. They are aggressive, they criticize other people and even they are no better. and the best thing is that they do not recognize themselves, their attitude and their actions are wrong. It also has a lot to do with education that people now behave as they behave. People are nowadays lacking in intelligence and, above all, in empathy. I find this whole attack against cleve blakemore just plain stupid and sad. The people behave like a mob full of envious, psychologically ill and desperate people who have nothing better to do in their lives. It is more than nice that cleve blakemore has shown to all these people that they all just talk and which is just no substance behind it ........ RIGHT ! ....... A lack of substance ... and you notice this lack of yourselves the least ... SAD ... MORE THAN SAD ...

I saw this because someone did that linking name thing. You are right and I agree with you and your previous thread. I think of Grimoire very much the same you do. And the kid you responded to is a very low intelligence child who is a general gamer and only posts here because he is dumb to post on a site more suited to his tastes.

Just remember, rpgs are the wine of the gaming world. This should be a website about wine for only wine connoisseurs. But, somehow it is a website called winecodex but has a community of various forms of people who drink alcohol and hate wine, but sometimes drink Boones Strawberry Kiwi wine coolers so think their opinions matter, or too dumb to realize their opinions do not. Most of the real wine connoisseurs left this site a long time ago so I am happy to have another wine aficionado fight the good fight here. These fucking kids today are retards who were all raised wrong and protected from the information showing them they are very stupid, and brainwashed into thinking their opinions matter. It is weird and very angering. But society failed them and it isn't their fault they are so fucking stupid and ignorant of it. All we can do is point it out over and over and over again to counteract their brainwashing.

Secondly, this quote by Teddy Roosevelt perfectly makes the point you were making in your first post -

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

If these kids were smarter the would point of the irony of me being a very harsh critic of the general non-rpg games they love, or the hipster games, or the games with very lite rpg elements they believe to be rpgs. If they were that smart, which they surely aren't, I would point out this site is supposed to be for wine aficionados. Surely they would understand that bringing Boone Strawberry Kiwi wine coolers or beer to a connoisseur of a specialty like wine can only tell them that their product is absolute shit as wine. Beer does not make fine wine. People who devote themselves to knowing and loving wine have no interest in discussing beer at a forum for wine, nor do they value the opinion of those who dislike wine and know literally nothing about wine at a wine forum. These fucking morons are so fucking stupid that they go to the fucking wine forum and lack the common sense to leave or at least keep their fucking mouth shut and not talk about wine nor share their plebian opinions on wine.

Seriously, think about that. How fucking stupid do you have to be to think your little ignorant opinion on a subject you have no knowledge of should be shared and considered when you are a little kid at a wine forum? But because these fucking little kids were raised wrong they have no hesitation to blurt that carebears are awesome and wine sucks at the wine forum with no shame. And they say stupid child shit and high five each other with their child icons and retard zingers, all in complete ignorance and oblivion on just how fucking stupid and rude they are. Its fucking crazy. It cannot be understood. It can only be pointed out.

Ash

Arcane
The opinion that I'll value the most here is that of the veteran blobber lover, since old school blobber is what Grimoire is meant to be. And it is a bit of a esoteric and niche style.
Filipepe is undoubtedly an accomplished RPG nerd, but based on what I've read here I should be interpreting his review as an opinion of lesser weight/background in this instance. Though not necessarily less valid. I hope that's fair.

Also reviews filled with some substantial amount of factual inaccuracies are the worst. Not saying that's what this is, as I cannot confirm or deny, but vet blobs are picking it apart. Could just be fanboying or shill defence, though, but I'm going with my gut.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

No Substance, right ... I dont think, you understood my post at all. why ? ... Its easy, either you do not want to understand it or you can not understand it ... to explain it to you again. Either you have a firm opinion on this man and therefore do not want to have certain things true or you really are not able to understand it intellectually, because your IQ is not high enough for it. This is the only and true reason why you can not see any substance in my post. I know already now, that your attitude on this post will be again defensive. Cleve has more than right, that many people simply are not able to understand him and his work, because they do not want it and because they can not at first. Many people can only talk and talk and talk nowadays. They talk very much and too much about other people. They are not, however, aware of all the criticism that they themselves have done nothing, and therefore do not realize that they make themselves a monkey. This is the attitude of very many people at our present time. They are aggressive, they criticize other people and even they are no better. and the best thing is that they do not recognize themselves, their attitude and their actions are wrong. It also has a lot to do with education that people now behave as they behave. People are nowadays lacking in intelligence and, above all, in empathy. I find this whole attack against cleve blakemore just plain stupid and sad. The people behave like a mob full of envious, psychologically ill and desperate people who have nothing better to do in their lives. It is more than nice that cleve blakemore has shown to all these people that they all just talk and which is just no substance behind it ........ RIGHT ! ....... A lack of substance ... and you notice this lack of yourselves the least ... SAD ... MORE THAN SAD ...

I saw this because someone did that linking name thing. You are right and I agree with you and your previous thread. I think of Grimoire very much the same you do. And the kid you responded to is a very low intelligence child who is a general gamer and only posts here because he is dumb to post on a site more suited to his tastes.

Just remember, rpgs are the wine of the gaming world. This should be a website about wine for only wine connoisseurs. But, somehow it is a website called winecodex but has a community of various forms of people who drink alcohol and hate wine, but sometimes drink Boones Strawberry Kiwi wine coolers so think their opinions matter, or too dumb to realize their opinions do not. Most of the real wine connoisseurs left this site a long time ago so I am happy to have another wine aficionado fight the good fight here. These fucking kids today are retards who were all raised wrong and protected from the information showing them they are very stupid, and brainwashed into thinking their opinions matter. It is weird and very angering. But society failed them and it isn't their fault they are so fucking stupid and ignorant of it. All we can do is point it out over and over and over again to counteract their brainwashing.

Secondly, this quote by Teddy Roosevelt perfectly makes the point you were making in your first post -

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

If these kids were smarter the would point of the irony of me being a very harsh critic of the general non-rpg games they love, or the hipster games, or the games with very lite rpg elements they believe to be rpgs. If they were that smart, which they surely aren't, I would point out this site is supposed to be for wine aficionados. Surely they would understand that bringing Boone Strawberry Kiwi wine coolers or beer to a connoisseur of a specialty like wine can only tell them that their product is absolute shit as wine. Beer does not make fine wine. People who devote themselves to knowing and loving wine have no interest in discussing beer at a forum for wine, nor do they value the opinion of those who dislike wine and know literally nothing about wine at a wine forum. These fucking morons are so fucking stupid that they go to the fucking wine forum and lack the common sense to leave or at least keep their fucking mouth shut and not talk about wine nor share their plebian opinions on wine.

Seriously, think about that. How fucking stupid do you have to be to think your little ignorant opinion on a subject you have no knowledge of should be shared and considered when you are a little kid at a wine forum? But because these fucking little kids were raised wrong they have no hesitation to blurt that carebears are awesome and wine sucks at the wine forum with no shame. And they say stupid child shit and high five each other with their child icons and retard zingers, all in complete ignorance and oblivion on just how fucking stupid and rude they are. Its fucking crazy. It cannot be understood. It can only be pointed out.

You make some good points, but if you want people to listen to you you need to work on being less of an abrasive puritanical blowhard who insults everyone who doesn't agree with them on everything.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You make some good points, but if you want people to listen to you you need to work on being less of an abrasive puritanical blowhard who insults everyone who doesn't agree with them on everything.

You need to stop stalking you fucking weirdo.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
The opinion that I'll value the most here is that of the veteran blobber lover, since old school blobber is what Grimoire is meant to be. And it is a bit of a esoteric and niche style.
Filipepe is undoubtedly an accomplished RPG nerd, but based on what I've read here I should be interpreting his review as an opinion of lesser weight/background in this instance. Though not necessarily less valid. I hope that's fair.

Also reviews filled with some substantial amount of factual inaccuracies are the worst. Not saying that's what this is, as I cannot confirm or deny, but vet blobs are picking it apart. Could just be fanboying or shill defence, though, but I'm going with my gut.

Many of those same vets that shitted on the review are waiting for V2 too. They waited for 23 years but now instead of playing the most perfect and complete game ever, they'll wait for the merely cosmetic V2 patch. Nevermind the game is highly replayable, everybody is waiting out of mere whim.

Go and spend 40 bucks now, download the game and nobody will warn you that your berserker won't get the berserk skill, and your bard won't have music skill. It is fair and honest to say in a review that this game should be in early access.

I'm happy to have purchased Grimoire because I knew it would still need months or years to reach its potential, and I'm in no hurry. But if I knew nothing of the game and had read a review that didn't mention the game still has big issues, I'd feel cheated.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Go and spend 40 bucks now, download the game and nobody will warn you that your berserker won't get the berserk skill, and your bard won't have music skill. It is fair and honest to say in a review that this game should be in early access.

Yeah, let's get back to that fun debate. From what I've heard of the DOS2 launch, it had many of the same issues, including updates that corrupted save games.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, let's get back to that fun debate. From what I've heard of the DOS2 launch, it had many of the same issues, including updates that corrupted save games.
Surprise surprise, Swen didn't ban anyone who complained about the bugs then spent the next 3 months bitching about their tastes in games.

Lambach

Arcane
The interest for this game seems to have died off fairly quickly on the Codex

It could have something to do with the fact that the game is a broken, worthless pile of shit developed by a mentally deficient, schizophrenic lardass who thinks his """clever""" references to the classic writers of yore can be a substitute for the nearly nonexistent decent mechanics and gameplay.

It's almost as if releasing something that's a cheap, unimaginative clone of a 25+ year-old-game that only highlights the said game's flaws without ever addressing any of its issues is not a sound business strategy.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It's not yours either, unfortunately for you.
Like it is I who wanted to do this.
Cliff did what he think is right or appropriate for him.
You should actually count all years of assults he experienced, and mockery.

If it is his additional price for fools - then it is his decision.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What, all 3 of you? :lol:
Owners: 4,616 ± 1,969
Players in the last 2 weeks: 658 ± 1,288 (14.25%)
Players total: 4,176 ± 1,873 (90.48%)
Followers: 5,372
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 13
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 01:06 (average) 01:06 (median)
Playtime total: 05:29 (average) 04:30 (median)

That average and median is rather low. The hilarious thing here is that everyone who only played it that long could have done it for free with the superdemo.

Lambach

Arcane
People of refined taste and sufficient competence are always in the minority.

Absolutely, I don't disagree. But they're never in such a minority that they could be disregarded completely as a total fringe that literally nobody (other than the said minority) gives two squirting fucks about. To whit:

Owners: 4,616 ± 1,969

I rest my case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom