Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Mojomancer

Novice
After that, Sawyer said the player would black out again, and then "you wake up and you have wedding rings and you basically just got this Vegas-style wedding."
So, Bethesda stole that too.
There was something like this in FO4?
Skyrim has a quest very similar to that.

A Night To Remember. One of the Daedric quests. It was pretty good.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Feargus is a fucking putz sometimes. I shit you not, the guy just comes off as someone who talks to hear himself talk, but doesn't actually say anything that makes sense.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Could you imagine those commie-fags making games?

Eh Comrade, you must buy new Kulak Killer 8.

Then they'd all get on the ComradeCodex and talk about how shit it is compared to Kulak Killer 7.

Klarion

Arcane
Now that we 100% know that Indiana is not standard fantasy, magic or historic setting I think the chances are highest that Project Indiana is in post-apoc setting. Post-apoc is pretty hot right now and Obsidian wants to compete with Bethesda on that terrain I have a feel. Other things that go in that direction:
-Obsidian already made widely acclaimed post-apoc game(NV), so they're experienced;
-Cain and Boyarsky worked on Fallout 1&2, and also the cancelled post-apoc project from Troika(Boyarsky says that Indiana is his dream project so maybe he says this because that Troika cancelled post apoc game was his dream game also(what was that cancelled projects code name I forgot?));
-Tim Cain said something like "if you liked Fallout, you'll love this", why would he say that if the setting was, IDK, steampunk?

Its obviously post-apoc.

Prime Junta

-Tim Cain said something like "if you liked Fallout, you'll love this", why would he say that if the setting was, IDK, steampunk?

He said something like "if you liked the humour in Fallout or Arcanum you'll love this." Hence the steampunk speculation.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

So I was bored and decide to look into this: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...llars-of-eternity-decks-battle-on/creator_bio

Turns out the two guys making this are engineering PHDs who have their own medical technology firm(!): https://www.flintrehab.com/contact/

Also one of them appears to be an Israeli expat which is nice. Guess they make card games in their spare time for fun?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://gic.gd/agenda/#josh-sawyer

17:00, Friday, Techland Hall, 60 | Game design C | Intermediate 2

Putting the Role in Role-Playing

Josh Sawyer Obsidian Entertainment

Though computer role-playing games grew out of their tabletop counterparts, their emphasis on statistics has never overshadowed the basic desire to play a character in a fantastic (or apocalyptic!) world. The talk will discuss the importance of thinking about the players' fantasies when designing what they can play, how they can build their characters, and even what kinds of hairstyles they can choose. Dissecting Icewind Dale, Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas, and Pillars of Eternity, the presentation will examine how design choices fulfilled or limited the players' range of expression.

Sounds Sawyeriffic, hope it gets streamed.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm not sure these bits are known, but anyway, some interesting comments from Obsidian's Eric Neigher (Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy) on reddit:

As for Pillars on tablet... it's something we're thinking about. :)

Indeed there are! Leonard Boyarsky, the Project Lead for V:tM Bloodlines is here, as is Tim Cain, lead programmer, and Steve Moret, another programmer. :)

Steve Moret, programmer who worked on all three Troika games: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,46344/

Hi there,

Just wanted to check with Brandon [Adler] before getting back to you. He is indeed still on the team, and he says:
  • After Pillars I spent a good amount of time setting up the production groundwork for PoE2.
  • After my work on PoE2, I changed jobs from production to systems design.
  • I worked on Tyranny (then PoE2) for about 6 months as a Systems Designer.
  • I then moved over to Pathfinder where I have been the Lead Designer for about a year.
  • Now, I am splitting time between Pathfinder, new pitches, and PoE2.
He is pretty psyched someone cares about him! :-P

Thank you for your kind words. It sounds cliche, but we do everything for our fans. It means the world to us when we hear from you guys!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom