Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
One of Cleve's stupid "Muh Balanse" tweaks.

Zep--
Why do you hate this game so much Zep?

Let me expound on my last thought...

It's a classic example of someone inexperienced trying to make an "epic" (in their own mind) game.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The whole "point" of this "game" is chasing McGuffins. Nothing more, nothing less. All the flavor "text" is little more than someone with a low grasp of English and storytelling. In reality, it's a guy using worn, tired tropes, with a thesaurus in hand, and it's very obvious he had no idea what he was doing.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
The whole "point" of this "game" is chasing McGuffins.

As opposed to what, romancing pixels?

I'd rather chase McGuffins, myself.

As opposed to being a good game.

I forced myself to play the whole areas of the SuperDemo....which most say is the most fleshed out part of the game.

Act 1 is the best!

No, no it's not. If that's the best, spare me from the rest.

Zep--

PrettyDeadman

One of Cleve's stupid "Muh Balanse" tweaks.

Zep--
Why do you hate this game so much Zep?

Let me expound on my last thought...

It's a classic example of someone inexperienced trying to make an "epic" (in their own mind) game.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The whole "point" of this "game" is chasing McGuffins. Nothing more, nothing less. All the flavor "text" is little more than someone with a low grasp of English and storytelling. In reality, it's a guy using worn, tired tropes, with a thesaurus in hand, and it's very obvious he had no idea what he was doing.

Zep--
How come it is better than 99 percent of all AAA games today? Are those people really more incompetent than Cleve?

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyDeadman

How come it is better than percent of all AAA games today? Are those people really more incompetent than Cleve?

You're one of those kids who needs to wear a protective helmet when just walking around, aren't you?

Zep--

You probably need to wear a protective helmet when just walking around if you don't think that Grimoire is better than 99 percent of all AAA games today.

Last edited by a moderator:

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
How come it is better than percent of all AAA games today? Are those people really more incompetent than Cleve?

You're one of those kids who needs to wear a protective helmet when just walking around, aren't you?

Zep--

Guess we discovered your kinks. Do you like those kinds of kids cause you can hit their head into the wall as you are fucking them and they don't get hurt? Have you broke Gary Glitter's record out there yet?

Also I have not forgot about goldenbabygiveaways.I was going to get some copies on Labor Day but it was the same day as Cleve said he would do a discount for Grimoire. Also there were a couple people who took a free copy to write a negative review and never play it again. I never said a positive review was incumbent to receive a copy because then I am just buying shills. Alls I ask is that you actually want to play the game and have been looking forward to it. So trying to figure out the best way to get the game into the hands of those who want it but don't have 40 Untied States American Dollars at the moment because trolling is great but at that point I can just send Cleve money directly or use it to fund the Lovecraft game. When the manual and update comes out, hopefully we can revisit this. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
rename to lariangiveaways and gift an actual good and finished game.

I am assuming you are talking about divinity original sin 2.

Since this is the grimoire thread I'll tell you what they have in common:
I bought both through steam.
No manual.
game breaking bugs upon release which caused crashes to desktop. had to wait for patch to continue playing.
game breaking bugs on release that broke save games.
Bugs that were reported years ago , still present in final "polished" release.
Some issues with UI.
Unbalanced combat mechanics that makes melee characters OP / 1 shot bosses

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] several yesterdays ago.
Serious bugs. Have no idea why this is but it may be due to previous table only partially modified for skill start bonuses.There will be a patch for this tomorrow first thing. I really wish I had built regression testing into Grimoire but there is none. This is a good example of why it is very useful.

"Tomorrow" is the next "Next Friday"

Zep--

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] several yesterdays ago.
Serious bugs. Have no idea why this is but it may be due to previous table only partially modified for skill start bonuses.There will be a patch for this tomorrow first thing. I really wish I had built regression testing into Grimoire but there is none. This is a good example of why it is very useful.

"Tomorrow" is the next "Next Friday"

Zep--

We actually have a "Today" now:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 11 hours ago
Today. Was editing them yesterday and testing them. Fixed the problem with triggering update of matching tables for skillset allocation when changing basic properties of skills (when acquired etc.) so hopefully this won't happen again.

Less than 13 hours left...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I would like to take this moment to personally apologize to Cleve for my ancestors raping his ancestors. To their defense they were really inspired by Mondbluts signature.

Last edited:
Weasel
Raising a glass today to the one month anniversary of the "Manual is nearly ready" announcement... where have the years gone.

3FiCd1C.png

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Only N+ Infinity pages to go!

If it's not an exact rip on the various wiki* pages, I will be disappoint, son.

Zep--

mercyRPG

Cipher
VAPORUM

Steampunk MEGA ATMOSPHERIC dungeon crawler. Built in manual, good sized fonts, fully explained stats, runs on old computers!! LOOKS AMAZING with superb art direction. Sound effects and world atmosphere is top notch. WOW!! Very well recommended!! Combat is excellent. The whole game oozes refreshing creativity!!

Forget Grimoire. Play amazing Vaporum. Reasonable price for a much higher quality game.

Combat has really nice physical feedback. Stacking is working amazingly, compared how botched it is in Grimoire!!

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
VAPORUM

Steampunk MEGA ATMOSPHERIC dungeon crawler. Built in manual, good sized fonts, fully explained stats, runs on old computers!! LOOKS AMAZING with superb art direction. Sound effects and world atmosphere is top notch. WOW!! Very well recommended!! Combat is excellent. The whole game oozes refreshing creativity!!

Forget Grimoire. Play amazing Vaporum. Reasonable price for a much higher quality game.

Combat has really nice physical feedback. Stacking is working amazingly, compared how botched it is in Grimoire!!

Dumbrock made for those who found managing a party of 4 an impossible mental challenge. Next.

Also, dear developers, enough with stinkpunk already. No, Steam will not feel flattered and promote you better.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Wow, stacking is working? I need to get it. After all, this is more important than this being real-time popamole with a single character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom