Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, how do we rate D:OS 2?

How do we rate D:OS 2?

• Excellent - one of the best RPG's in a long while, no flaws, 10/10

Votes: 42 18.4%
  • Good - an above average experience with few flaws, though there are some

Votes: 104 45.6%
  • Even - it's a middling game that doesn't excell at anything, but isn't bad at anything either

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Uneven - It's an uneven game that does certain things very well, others terribly

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Bad - it may have a few good ideas, but mostly it's not that good

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Terrible - everything about it sucks

Votes: 14 6.1%

• Total voters

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well it is an excellent game with flaws, so what option should he pick?
See, this is just it, the words themselves used, the expletives, they literally don't matter, because the qualifier to explain the ratings are literally right fucking there. What you're looking for for your own definition of "Excellent" is right there - "Good - an above average experience with few flaws, though there are some". Voting for "literally no flaws" and then say "it has flaws" is fucking retarded.

If that serves your autism, I'm glad you have this outlet.

Doktor Best

Arcane
See, this is just it, the words themselves used, the expletives, they literally don't matter, because the qualifier to explain the ratings are literally right fucking there. What you're looking for for your own definition of "Excellent" is right there - "Good - an above average experience with few flaws, though there are some". Voting for "literally no flaws" and then say "it has flaws" is fucking retarded.

Are you a moron or something? How is it that you are not capable of understanding that the qualifiers OP put behind the ratings are misleading themselves? Are you aware of the fact that those terms have had a specific universal definition even before this poll was created? If so, do you not know the distinction between the terms excellent and good? The game is excellent. It excels in various qualities over almost all its competitors. So if you do not care as much about its supposed flaws as much or even welcome some of its design aspects which are critisized by some (for example the armor and magic shield system), then it still is a fucking excellent game.

Has my point now become clear to you? Or would i have to draw you a picture? If so, then i must dissapoint you as i have little time for this shit. I have to play a game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
also, voted bad

wanted to reserve vote till finished but i have great doubts whether this will be picking up any time soon

bottom line is still: "they changed it, now it sucks"

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Are you a moron or something? How is it that you are not capable of understanding that the qualifiers OP put behind the ratings are misleading themselves? Are you aware of the fact that those terms have had a specific universal definition even before this poll was created? If so, do you not know the distinction between the terms excellent and good? The game is excellent. It excels in various qualities over almost all its competitors. So if you do not care as much about its supposed flaws as much or even welcome some of its design aspects which are critisized by some (for example the armor and magic shield system), then it still is a fucking excellent game.

Has my point now become clear to you? Or would i have to draw you a picture? If so, then i must dissapoint you as i have little time for this shit. I have to play a game.
Yup, your point is clear. You're fucking retarded. What's relevant are the qualifiers for the various rankings, regardless of what you personally weigh into the meaning of "Excellent" or "Good".

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The poll answers should follow a Gaussian curve but they don't because the options "Even" and "Uneven" are retarded. They should be merged in something equivalent to "Mediocre" because that's what they are replacing.

Anyway, that would not change much because 48% voted for Good which ... hmmm. ...

Vibalist

Arcane
The poll answers should follow a Gaussian curve but they don't because the options "Even" and "Uneven" are retarded.

People keep whining about this. Is it difficult for you to understand, or something?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think we can safely discount everyone that voted for the top and the bottom options as functionally retarded. Anyone want to take a stab at recalculating the results based on that?

Doktor Best

Arcane

Yup, your point is clear. You're fucking retarded. What's relevant are the qualifiers for the various rankings, regardless of what you personally weigh into the meaning of "Excellent" or "Good".

Yeah. What i "weigh personally into the meaning" of those words. Right. Pick up a dictionary for fuck sake and stop embarassing yourself:lol:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Yeah. What i "weigh personally into the meaning" of those words. Right. Pick up a dictionary for fuck sake and stop embarassing yourself:lol:
The dictionary definition is irrelevant, you subhuman autist. The definitions for the purpose of the poll are right there. But since you're clearly autistic, I guess you simply need to have "described as" or "as defined as" inserted between the ranking and the qualifier.

Kitchen Utensil

I think we can safely discount everyone that voted for the top and the bottom options as functionally retarded. Anyone want to take a stab at recalculating the results based on that?

Gladly.

Discounting every retarded vote, the consus is that the game is utter shit (with some flaws).
6/10

:salute:

bminorkey

You didn't give me an option between "good" and "excellent" so I voted excellent even though it's hardly a perfect 10/10...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I played it a bit today and the writing, the writing. It's terrible. Also looks like every road goes to jail. And characters should be powerful and unique, but everyone and its dog uses more skills than characters...

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I played it a bit today and the writing, the writing. It's terrible. Also looks like every road goes to jail. And characters should be powerful and unique, but everyone and its dog uses more skills than characters...
Actually, while there's several ways for you to progress in a way that takes you through the jail, there's also at least three-four other routes that doesn't necessitate going through the jail at all. It's actually entirely possible to miss the jail if you're the kind of person to just sorta coast through the game instead of exploring everything.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
- escape the prison without a fight

- feel smart about how you've just taken a smart route out

- get stomped into the ground by enemies that laugh at your pathetic level 3 :troll:

Black

Arcane
- escape the prison without a fight

- feel smart about how you've just taken a smart route out

- get stomped into the ground by enemies that laugh at your pathetic level 3 :troll:
-escape the prison
-go back because unfinished business
-every magister knows you had escaped and attacks on sight
-without keeping any register
-even tho in the cutscene we hear one say "we assume that everyone on board the ship is dead"

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom