Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Never forget

c3657175ea9a76b8a85e453bf1c19f91o.gif

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Not so fast. First you have to open a thread telling everybody you're going, forever and ever. Not coming back with an alt. Not coming back at all.

jaydee2k

Savant
STAY AWAY from the Fallout Franchise you MORON. You already made a subpar attempt at developing a proper sequel to Leonards and Tims masterpiece.
Combine this with Todd Howard. Pure excellence incoming.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I love the character of Erritis in Tides of Numenera. Is there any more you can share with me other than what's in the game?
The graphic novel should have more (it's written and submitted and approved, but don't when it'll be released). :)

I have doubts they're going to spend additional money on art and lettering for something that hardly anyone cares about and won't bring in more money. Maybe if we're lucky they'll upload the script. :M

Fairfax

Arcane
Wowzers, that last one.

What did Tina do to him?
If I had to guess:

How she treated and discussed employees in the big layoffs in 2012 (she became HR director in 2011) and probably before/after as well.
He might've talked to a lawyer who told him he could've been paid anyway without signing any NDA. IIRC they also made him sign a non-compete for f2p games that lasted a year after his departure, and perhaps he didn't have to sign that either.

Cael

Arcane
If I had to guess:

How she treated and discussed employees in the big layoffs in 2012 (she became HR director in 2011) and probably before/after as well.
He might've talked to a lawyer who told him he could've been paid anyway without signing any NDA. IIRC they also made him sign a non-compete for f2p games that lasted a year after his departure, and perhaps he didn't have to sign that either.
In some countries, those non-compete contracts are not enforceable. For example, if your only skill is making computer games, no one can stop you making computer games. All you have to do is state that that is your only skill and you need to eat, and that is the end of it.

EDIT:
To give an example, if I work for a company called ABC, and its main competitor in the field is a company called XYZ.
When I started working for ABC, I signed a contract that has a non-compete clause if I were to leave the company.
Years later, I resigned and take up a position at XYZ.
ABC tries to stop me going over by pulling out the contract and going to court.
All I have to do is tell the judge that my expertise is in a field that both ABC and XYZ are in, and it is my only source of work.
ABC will lose the case because stopping me from working at XYZ would mean that I end up jobless and that is not fair on me.
This is why jumping over to a rival is not something people take employees to court over, but there will be bad feelings, of course.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He writes about this like he was just some employee, but he owned part of the damn company! HR nepotism notwithstanding, it’s hard to take Chris’ description seriously given that he was one of the co-founders. He just sounds kind of histrionic. Your business partners being douchebags is not the same as your boss being abusive. Still, I can’t wait until his resentment boils over and be breaks his NDA.

Do we know how the ownership structure broke down among be founders before MCA left?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Doesn't mean much, one company I worked for had three owners, two of them had 90% of the ownership, the third didn't put up much of a fight, even when one of the owners with the bigger stake was doing retarded things that hurt the company

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom