Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is the first game to hit 2,000,000 players on Steam at once

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
ncykmd.png

Make of it what you will. In my (objectively correct) opinion this is pure decline for all of gaymens. About 50% of this game's playerbase are Chinese, and I heard somewhere that the game is F2P in China. The Chinks also bot and idle in the game to earn the cases because it's the new meme flavor of the month game that is great to farm cosmetics in.

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
I wonder how long it will last, I initially pegged this as a flavour-of-the-month meme game. Will something more shiny come and replace it, or will it still be popular a year from now?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This probably is the chance to be the next WoW, LoL, or Minecraft. Competition will be severe and bloody, and will involve most of big publishers.

and I heard somewhere that the game is F2P in China.

No, it's not free anywhere.

Gregz

Arcane
The hivemind is greater than the Codex, it's cool to see phenomenon like this occur.

One day I hope there's a game so mindblowing, that we'll all wonder what we ever did without it.

I want to worship Game devs as rockstars again, let's hope someone out there is making that game right now.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It is the epitome of quick bursts of fun that you have to slog hours for to get, the MOBA genre is exactly this, this is the same thing in a shooter format. It is flavor of the month/year and I hope it dies fast. No one really likes Asshole Inc. and their rep has been tarnished by the bans because of killing streamers, and streamers and Jewtubers shilled hard for this game.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's a kind of rush not too dissimilar from gambling
Usually you will end up losing over and over because the learning curve is incredibly steep and the slightest mistake will cost you your life. But on occasion you will be the one who shoots the other in the back, you will be the one dropping bodies, and you will be the object of everyone's frustration. Before dying like a shitter over and over again. But you keep trying and trying again, because you know what it felt like to be good, so you keep trying again and again, telling yourself after each loss that this time you have learned and this time you will stomp everyone. Eventually you do manage to witness the top of Mount Dopamine and savor the image for a brief moment before being dragged back down the spider's thread beneath you and kicked off by the ones above you. You keep trying and trying again, and eventually, you manage to see that top more frequently than before.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's a kind of rush not too dissimilar from gambling

Usually you will end up losing over and over because the learning curve is incredibly steep and the slightest mistake will cost you your life.

So literally the complete, total, categorical opposite of gambling?
At first it seems like your victory are completely up to chance, and in PUBG case it largely always will be. But you can learn certain tricks to help you spot opportunities or mitigate losses, kind of what sets an expert poker player apart from a greenhorn.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What I wonder is how come this game has so much money and they can't invest a single dollar into proper optimizations and good gunplay. The gunplay is horrible.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Why the motherfuck do people like this shit so much?

Paid advertising on twitch.

What I wonder is how come this game has so much money and they can't invest a single dollar into proper optimizations and good gunplay. The gunplay is horrible.

I think I've mentioned this before but if I were them I wouldn't invest a penny into the game at this point. My money would be locked up in a safe somewhere and I'd be retired. They could shut the servers down for all I'd care.

But these devs post rants on reddit about how some other game is copying their style or whatever. Fukin nerds lmao

TheRedSnifit

Educated
I personally believe this ties into the recent debate about difficulty in games.

We've spent the last decade witnessing single-player games removing more and more challenge in the pursuit of hypothetical millions who would jump into gaming if only the barrier to entry were lower. At the same time, we're witnessing the medium become more and more dominated by the mulitplayer space, which is increasingly becoming the only place in gaming where you can find challenge. Coincidence?

As a side note, this also contradicts the meme that PC gamers refuse to budge from powerhouses like Counterstrike and DotA or whatever. Not that I expect multiplayer devs to act on this and start catering to PC players again.

Gerrard

Arcane
Why the fuck would chinese numbers be included? Every fucking game that is released there is basically a separate version because they are fucking snowflakes.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why the fuck would chinese numbers be included? Every fucking game that is released there is basically a separate version because they are fucking snowflakes.

The chinks play the same steam version as everyone else, it is the same game with a low violence option because the chinks don't like violence in games.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
But is it better than Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ - Golden Microtransaction Edition™ with Doritos™ and Mountain Dew™ to complete your Middle-earth™ experience?

Educated
Quite an achievement for a game that is still in early access and has Mixed reviews

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I still don't know what the game is. I've heard the name before, but I've never actually seen it and I don't care enough to look it up. Middle™-earth™: Shadow™ of™ War™ at fourth place is also pretty appaling.

mbv123

Arbiter
Saw a friend of mine playing it.
All he did was running around on the map for 15 minutes, looking for loot then getting one shotted by some camper a mile away.
Next gen gaming right there

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's a hiking and looting simulator like DayZ except the player interaction PVE portion is completely cut out and the most efficient strategy is to find a rifle and camp on a rooftop.

rado907

Savant
Game is good, bought it a few weeks ago to see what the hype is about and yeah it's a solid game. So I'm not surprised. Will people play it in 3 years? I don't know and I don't care.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Early access shit with microtransaction woth 14 years old average audience hooked up to gambling machines with their parents credit card.

Games like expeditions, aod, underrail, voidspire tactocs barely made 50 to 100k each.

I hate this world so much

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom