Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah. It is noticeable when you see other clothing article flutter the same way when there is wind.

Still really funny and wacky to see it looks like their boobs are trying to burst free from these womens chests

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why would they change the looting system when it comes to killing enemies and not letting you loot their weapons or equipment.Now when you kill someone their weapons just disappear,complete horseshit.

Killed 4 fucking reavers,running around like an idiot for an hour,cheesing the shit out of them and I got nothing from them but some arrows and some crappy elexite, the fucking reavers didn't even used bows,where the fuck is my grenade launcher and chainsaw sword you fucking retarded devs.

And the enemies can just spam the grenade launcher,guns,bows all day long and somehow every god damn npc is mastering every art of combat,be it one handed,shield,two handed ,ranged,I mean this is fucking ridiculous that every retarded npc knows how to use every weapon in the book,while my renowed commander Jax can barely pick his nose without dying.

The more I play,the more shit I see that makes me wonder how the fuck did these retards ever made the Gothic series.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
And the enemies can just spam the grenade launcher,guns,bows all day long

Yep, they should have limited ammo, and when they run out, they should switch to secondary like sword [which should be weaker? up to debate], since its secondary stat/weapon. This way, enemies could be powerful first, but when you strip them from their advantages, eg. dodge their grenades, neuter their best magic shots etc. etc. then you could kill them easier.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Bought the pickpocketing skill from Alrik for 250 elextits, promptly pickpocketed him for some kickass sunglasses worth 2500. So far it seems like the common plebs mostly have 20-40 cashmoney on them, but the night guards each have ~100. Five-finger discount rules.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
The whining about your character not being strong in combat in the early game of a Gothic clone leads me to believe that some of the people in this thread just might not have played a Gothic game before.

frajaq

Erudite
if you're having trouble at the start of the game just abuse OP companions and jetpack away from danger, that's what they're there for

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The whining about your character not being strong in combat in the early game of a Gothic clone leads me to believe that some of the people in this thread just might not have played a Gothic game before.

That, or they just made the mistake of not focusing on melee and the attributes that support it in the early levels, ranged is completely gimped in comparison (hoping that'll change later on). Which of course they'd know not to do had they played PB games before. :M

If you wanna skip the intro shizzle when launching the game, just delete the .bik files:

How to Skip Intro Movies

1) Browse and open Steam\steamapps\common\ELEX\data\extern\videos
(can right click on ELEX- > properties – > local files tab – > browse local files)

2) Rename or relocate logo_pb.bik & logo_thqnordic.bik
(example – logo_thqnordic.bikbak & logo_thqnordic.bikbak)

3) Load without waiting for the unskippable movies.

tekknej

Novice
did someone try to play this shining beacon of ELEX with english version, but german audio? i presume you can do some files switcheroo as per usual to do that?
one of the many things that got me insthooked on gothic in ye olden days was german voiceacting.

Elex

Arbiter
Why would they change the looting system when it comes to killing enemies and not letting you loot their weapons or equipment.Now when you kill someone their weapons just disappear,complete horseshit.

Killed 4 fucking reavers,running around like an idiot for an hour,cheesing the shit out of them and I got nothing from them but some arrows and some crappy elexite, the fucking reavers didn't even used bows,where the fuck is my grenade launcher and chainsaw sword you fucking retarded devs.

And the enemies can just spam the grenade launcher,guns,bows all day long and somehow every god damn npc is mastering every art of combat,be it one handed,shield,two handed ,ranged,I mean this is fucking ridiculous that every retarded npc knows how to use every weapon in the book,while my renowed commander Jax can barely pick his nose without dying.

The more I play,the more shit I see that makes me wonder how the fuck did these retards ever made the Gothic series.
i bet the reason behind is the jetpack, all humanoid npc require some ranged weapon and infinite ammo so the game give them some even if the devs don't have manually give them ranged weapons and ammo.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
As far I can tell from reading steam forum, Russian localisation is somewhat fucked up, both in dialogs and skill description.
I need to play it in English text - how I can do that?

Also - my game froze when I talked with NewDiego second time, after the bridge, after I got second level.
If you know how to fix it - tell me,

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
If you have the steam version - in steam client rclick properties - language.

This time I am actually playing in german. Usually the english VO is better for most games - there are some obnoxious german VA and bland german sounds really bad. Risen 1-3 has a better english VO, for example. But in ELEX - eeeehhhh.

fpFfYSy.jpg
thank you, prestigious ram person. i wonder what's with the combat behavior. enemy aggressiveness, or everyone's?
The tooltip states "Defines your enemy's behavior during combat". The setting are Passive/Josh Sawyer/Aggressive. I can't offer any solid information on their affect in game because I have played around with the settings enough yet.

Also the tooltip for Combat difficulty states "Modifies the damage you deal and enemies deal". I haven't noticed any HP bloat myself (yet). But the reduced damage the player deals on higher difficulty may give the appearance of HP bloat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom