Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I just pumped 190 arrows into an enemy until they went down.

Are all enemies relentless bullet-sponges in this game or something?

So far, I laugh at anyone retarded enough to pre-order this shit.
I remember mentioning Fallout to some guy at work years ago. He said, is that the game where you a point-blank burst (I assumed he meant that crappy SMG) does 5 points of damage? He too probably laughed at anyone retarded enough to buy it because like you he's never heard of low-tier weapons doing low damage.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone found out who that little ghost girl near Cleric area is? I am still exploring, trying to find her, I keep hearing her voice every now and then.

Unless, it's not in-game..

Checks the basement..

I hate that sound. Also been looking for the source. Maybe it's just the music.

Shadenuat

Arcane
- Instead of starting you off as a mighty Chosen One, you played the role of a convict with a very short life expectancy in a world where nearly every living thing could kill you in two hits
- Factions played a large role in the game, but instead of blessing a local faction with your attention, you had to convince a faction of your choice that you’re worthy and work your way up the ladder
Was nice, but then they repeated same theme 3-5-7 I don't remember how many times.

And tbh, if Gothic Nameless Hero is not a chosen one throughout 3 games with twice the case of amnesia, I don't know who he is.

Not surprised VD likes that shit tho, I mean, he made AoD and now making another game where you'll start as nobody and mop floors for powerful factions.

RPG plot design:
1 peasant chosen one
2 faction play master race
3 else (mostly supplied by visual novels with questionable asian art)

I remember mentioning Fallout to some guy at work years ago. He said, is that the game where you a point-blank burst (I assumed he meant that crappy SMG) does 5 points of damage? He too probably laughed at anyone retarded enough to buy it because like you he's never heard of low-tier weapons doing low damage.
If only game allowed player to load every weapon with the very balanced .223 rounds.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
More Krazy Kwest Kookiness:

-Go to Domed city, Gustav wants you to kill all the Outlaws outside
-Go to Outlaws, tell them about Gustav's plan
-Outlaws say bring Gustav to them and they will 'take care of him' hehehehehe
-Tell Gustav I need help with the Outlaws because I suck at life
-Gustav goes to Outlaws, Outlaws spring ambush on Gustav
-Gustav OBLITERATES the Outlaws with his flame cannon and energy hammer
-Still gives me half the reward because he's cool like that, even though I did nothing.

Your choices just got consequence'd motherfuckers!

Raapys

Arcane
CON confirmed for not raising HP.

I'm pretty sure this also means the other stats don't raise anything at all either and are only there to act as skill/gear gates...
Yeah, I've already tested it with intelligence. It claims to raise mana/PSI points. From what I can tell, it raises neither PSI points nor PSI damage.

Has anyone tested Dex/strength for increased weapon damage?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Why would you make a comparison about fallout and this game,they are nothing alike,especially when fallout is turnbased you kinda imagine yourself doing more shit when you wait 5 minutes for the other guy to finish his turn,plus there are so many other factors like accuracy etc
But when I play an action rpg where aiming is the only skill that matter and I pump a whole clip in some runts face, it doesn't matter what low tier weapon I use,I expect him to die a little.But in this game it doesn't even matter where you shoot your enemies,it applies the same damage,such a great design.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

-Still gives me half the reward because he's cool like that, even though I did nothing.

That has to be one of the funniest quest-lines I've seen in a long time.

Murk

Arcane
So I was going back to start point to explore that radar dish when I found what I thought was a good entrance into the structure only to fall down a dark mine shaft and land on top of the elevator. I was tapping space to survive the fall and it worked. Anyway, I'm stuck, please send help before I am forced to drink my own urine to survive.

lxylM2o.png
use teleport, there is stuff in the observatory but simply jump on the mountain (there is also a simpler rorad but require some exploration of the map)z

I know, I had been there before, just thought it was funny.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if the stat thing is intentional or a bug.

If it's intentional they should probably update the stat descriptions to make it more obvious that they don't do anything directly.

jungl

Augur
The game feels like playing an example of a open world game doing it wrong. It seems like for the majority of the game you ignore 60% percent of the enemies. Im not sure if level also gates you how much damage you can do to certain enemies. Stats not affecting anything besides gating items is decline from their previous games.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

If it's intentional they should probably update the stat descriptions to make it more obvious that they don't do anything directly.

I think it's intentional. I have no problems killing creatures now when I upgraded my gear a bit. Some creatures still pummels me but I stand a chance now at least. Maybe it's for balance reason, so you actually get new better weapons or just upgrade the stuff you have instead of running around with a level 1 stick.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I think it's intentional. I have no problems killing creatures now when I upgraded my gear a bit. Some creatures still pummels me but I stand a chance now at least. Maybe it's for balance reason, so you actually get new better weapons or just upgrade the stuff you have instead of running around with a level 1 stick.

Yeah, I'm around level 18 and not having any problems either. Getting another power boost would feel weird.

Still, they should probably fix the stat descriptions.

PrettyDeadman

Have anyone done Blake and Rat quest? After I helped Rat become Blakes bodyguard they started running around the desert like 2 assholes. It's very hard to catch them, but then you do (usually when they get into fight with enemies) - they say nothing new.
How to make progress in that quest?

odrzut

Arcane
Take companion with good ranged weapon (Caja and Falk work). Choose good position. Shot 1 arrow/bolt and wait for the companion to shoot and stop, shoot another arrow/bolt. Much more efficient.

PrettyDeadman

I think they messed up with balance in some of the encounters. In outlaw city 2 bug exterminators ask me to get some help. i go to William and as him maximum amount of people to help them (4). 8 Rippers appear and slaughter everyone, and if you take them into the city - they will slaughter everyone there, including all quest npcs. Lol.

tekknej

Novice
when Fallout 2 came out, my schoolmate got if from his father's friend. he played it for some evenings without ever knowing there is inventory in this game. he was running around with his spear everywhere. he loved the game though. then after a week or so, father's friend came to visit again and showed him inventory and maybe some other rpg mumbo jumbo, that was magic. i think a lot of school was skipped after that...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Why would you make a comparison about fallout and this game,they are nothing alike,especially when fallout is turnbased you kinda imagine yourself doing more shit when you wait 5 minutes for the other guy to finish his turn,plus there are so many other factors like accuracy etc
But when I play an action rpg where aiming is the only skill that matter and I pump a whole clip in some runts face, it doesn't matter what low tier weapon I use,I expect him to die a little.But in this game it doesn't even matter where you shoot your enemies,it applies the same damage,such a great design.
Because RPGs don't handle weapons, damage, and health in a realistic way, which shouldn't be news to anyone. It doesn't matter how many arrows or bullets or direct hits with a two-handed axe it takes to kill an enemy. What matters are your skills and your gear. In Elex, like in every other PB game, enemies have high DR (instead of Biowarian HP bloat) so tougher enemies require better weapons. Rocket science it's not.

imweasel

CON confirmed for not raising HP. I'm pretty sure this also means the other stats don't raise anything at all either and are only there to act as skill/gear gates...
Yeah, I've already tested it with intelligence. It claims to raise mana/PSI points. From what I can tell, it raises neither PSI points nor PSI damage. Has anyone tested Dex/strength for increased weapon damage?
It only appears to work indirectly (i.e. pump up stats and then buy skills to improve health, damage output, and so on). I can live with that because it essentially does pretty much the same thing, only the approach is different.

Raapys

Arcane
Here are some skill stats, based on cheat engine:

Starting hp: 50 base, 5 extra hp per level. Unsure if Extra Hitpoints skill is retroactive or applied every level, but regardless... by level 41, it had added a total of 12 hp(250 expected, 262 actual). I.e. pointless. Possibly +1hp per level from the level you get it.
Mana/PSI: 50 base, upgradeable to 80(3x10 Battery/Mana skills)
Stamina: 100 base, upgradeable to 140(2x20 Extra Stamina)

Murk

Arcane
When you equip gear that gives you HP, you can see the bar change once you put it on (current HP goes down to accommodate lower % of max HP). I imagine if CON doesn't show same effect then it's not giving HP.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Because RPGs don't handle weapons, damage, and health in a realistic way, which shouldn't be news to anyone. It doesn't matter how many arrows or bullets or direct hits with a two-handed axe it takes to kill an enemy. What matters are your skills and your gear. In Elex, like in every other PB game, enemies have high DR (instead of Biowarian HP bloat) so tougher enemies require better weapons. Rocket science it's not.

That's bad design for an APRG and no wonder people are getting tired of it,people want good AI where you can outsmart it by you know,actual skill rather than running around,ignoring 80% of the enemies just to come back 5 hours later to one shot it,where the hell is the challenge in that?If I want to do that,I'll play an mmo where is the same damn thing,maybe with better combat.
You have to move on folks,it was decent in the 80'-90's but now you have games like BloodBorne,The Surge,Dark Soul,Nioh where you actually have to press more than one button at a time,rather than stay in one place and spam your abilities like a bot.It may not be rocket science but it's bad design,sorry to shit on your dreams.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
start using spaces FFS

Also, remove all soulsfags from the premises, Jesus Christ

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom