Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sacred, you rat bastards.....

Some reviews and peoples posts actually said Sacred was a good game. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and only got around to playing it last night. It is terrible, absolute horror. Its utter repetition, bashy bashy, bring me here kind sir, bashy bashy, save my cows, bashy bashy.......

What the hell makes that a good game I'm still gonna have to finish it to justify the expense but fuck sakes......

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Build it up with needles and pins,
Needles and pins, needles and pins,
Build it up with needles and pins,
My fair lady.

Spazmo

Erudite
You FOOL! Every dollar you spend on Sacred brings the German Nazi war machine 0.814744 Euros closer to launching a massive war of conquest on the world.

bizarrofrank

Novice
hmm...I thought Der Wienerschnizel was the 4th riech selling us thier poisionous "hot dogs". But i was wrong? Is sacred the evil german military complex disguised as an incredibly crappy, fun for 2hrs max, diablo shit-fest? hmmm

Voss

Erudite
Well, Sir Deviant, you gain a nomination for Biggest Idiot of the Year (you'll probably lose to those interplay investors, but hey...)

For people who aren't idiots, I recommend the following:

1) playing the demo thats been available for months.
2) read reviews (with some scepticsm, sure) that have been avalable for months
3) listen to opinions of some of the people here, ones who seem like they share the same opinions you do about games (since they've been sharing them for months)
4) don't buy the game until you're ready to play it, so you can return it if you feel like it sucks[/i]

kenney bounces

Liturgist
Yep bwahaha. Sacred is EVERYTHING you would hate.

- No mana..Everything is timer based. Which means just nuke as much as you can as soon as it recharges.

- Level based treasure drops - When your level is higher, you get better items. I absolutely hate this system because only lazy programmers do this for better "game balance"

- unlimited hordes and hordes of respawns. You can expect to fight 5 to 10 things every minute when you're out of town.

- Click frantically trying to select the right monster. oh joy!

- Federal express quests! OMG go to coordinate x,y to kill mob. Then come back for loot. weeeeeeeee. So complex! Oh my brain!!!

Complaints aside, i'm currently playing this while waiting for gothic2 : die nacht des raben to arrive. It's just something to hold my time..I'm really out of games to play. =(
At least i have fun going around town to town looking for better loot on merchants. That's the ONLY thing i have fun with right now in sacred.
Gladiator is lvl 31 and going strong. haha. From what i've read on the boards, quite a few unbalanced features right now that lets you do 40 K damage per shot.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
kenney bounces said:
- No mana..Everything is timer based. Which means just nuke as much as you can as soon as it recharges.

I don't see this as a bad thing. After all, mana recharges based on time, doesn't it? So, really, what's the deal?

- Level based treasure drops - When your level is higher, you get better items. I absolutely hate this system because only lazy programmers do this for better "game balance"

Well, it certainly makes sense that drops are based on what's dropping them, that's for sure. I don't think there's anything lazy about it, though. It's roughly the same amount of work either way.

- unlimited hordes and hordes of respawns. You can expect to fight 5 to 10 things every minute when you're out of town.

So, clear the area by doing quests. That cuts the respawning way, way down.

- Click frantically trying to select the right monster. oh joy!

Never happenned to me, but what did bother the hell out of me is that the click and hold doesn't work well at all.

- Federal express quests! OMG go to coordinate x,y to kill mob. Then come back for loot. weeeeeeeee. So complex! Oh my brain!!!

The random quest generator could have used a lot of work before releasing, that's for sure. It's very irritating when it doesn't give a direction, that's for sure.

One thing that annoys me is the difficulty ramping. Even if you do all the quests and clear areas, you still have to do things to gain more experience to be able to have a chance in certain areas per the story.

Rayt

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
kenney bounces said:

So, clear the area by doing quests. That cuts the respawning way, way down.

But before you finish pretty much all the area quests (which are a lot. Kudos to that, I guess), you still have to fight the same bunch of monsters every time you do a fed-ex quest, twice. When you deliver the package and when you head back to get the reward. Over and over and over again. That was pretty much why I gave up. The game itself wasn't all that awesome anyway, but that stupid respawn thing put me off and in the end made me stop playing it.

Voss

Erudite
undead dolphin hacker said:
Sacred fucking sucks.

Voss said:
Well, Sir Deviant, you gain a nomination for Biggest Idiot of the Year (you'll probably lose to those interplay investors, but hey...)

With guys like you in the running, Voss, Sir Deviant shouldn't even bother trying. :twisted:

Guys like me? I'm in the running with clones? What?

I know it was a stupid move but I bought a few games of the net and it was at the bottom of the pile. Goddamn it sucks, i lost two hours of pointless progress last night when the friggin thing crashed

Jarinor

Liturgist
I dunno, I had some fun with it, but I can't be bothered completing it. It just takes too fucking long to go anywhere or do anything. The massive distances involved - most of which you have to run at least once on foot - just really piss me off.

suibhne

Erudite
StraitLacedDeviant said:
I know it was a stupid move but I bought a few games of the net and it was at the bottom of the pile. Goddamn it sucks, i lost two hours of pointless progress last night when the friggin thing crashed

I lost 30 minutes to the demo, and that was quite enough of my life spent on that steaming pile of bowel evacuation.

Voss said:
undead dolphin hacker said:
Sacred fucking sucks.

Voss said:

With guys like you in the running, Voss, Sir Deviant shouldn't even bother trying. :twisted:

Guys like me? I'm in the running with clones? What?
dpoh, I misread you to be Volourn, not Voss.

Ignore my comment. Me = retarded.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
in many ways the demo is a lot better than the retail. For starters, monsters don't respawn and the seraph isnt nerfed to shit.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
The demo, while covering a fairly large area, also wasn't so damn large that it became a chore to travel from one place to another. The respawns was what killed the game for me though, it was just like playing the third act of Diablo II all over again, except this time the fucking fetishes respawned all the time, not just when I exited the game.

Would you believe I'm actually starting to enjoy it, no, well neither do I. I'm dickety hours in and its more like a wheat cutting simulator, my axe swings and people just fall like dominoes. I even have a friggin helm that causes lower level characters to just die on sight, thats just wrong.

suibhne

Erudite
Azael said:
The demo, while covering a fairly large area, also wasn't so damn large that it became a chore to travel from one place to another. The respawns was what killed the game for me though, it was just like playing the third act of Diablo II all over again, except this time the fucking fetishes respawned all the time, not just when I exited the game.

Ah, yes, Diablo II's Act 3 - the one that ravenously sucked all joy from my life, compelling me to cheat and create a godlike character in order to viciously stomp the game into submission. What a pile of horseshit.

StraitLacedDeviant said:
Would you believe I'm actually starting to enjoy it, no, well neither do I. I'm dickety hours in and its more like a wheat cutting simulator, my axe swings and people just fall like dominoes. I even have a friggin helm that causes lower level characters to just die on sight, thats just wrong.

You're now so far in that you've lost all perspective. Really, think of it like a conflict of interest: if you were to acknowledge your hatred of the game at this point, you'd be admitting you're a total idiot. :P

I already acknowledged my idiocy and the games horrific gameplay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom