Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An Interview with DarkUnderlord (Complete -- sort of)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I had an idea:

Crispy said:
I want to interview you, either for publication in GD or maybe even in Site Feedback, depending on how much public exposure you'd like it to have.

I can either submit my questions to you now, in private, to make sure you're comfortable with them and to give you ample time to answer them on your own, or I could start a thread in GD/SF polling/cajoling/trolling the users of this fine establishment as to what nature of questions they'd like me to ask you.

Which, if any, shall it be?

He replied:

DarkUnderlord said:
This is the lamest idea ever.

Undeterred, I persisted:

Crispy said:
Okay here they are:

1. Give us your thoughts on the current state of RPG Codex. Has the site reached a point in either its popularity or even its nature that you're either satisfied or disappointed with? What are the future plans for the Codex?

2. There have been rumors percolating that you might be ready to move on as de-facto leader of the Codex, with someone like Crooked Bee or even Infinitron stepping in to fill your shoes. Would you like to comment on this? If a change of guard were to take place, what would you wind up doing instead?

3. Over the years, the substance of computer roleplaying games has obviously changed. We've seen the industry go through fundamental shifts including the "dumbing down" of games primarily due to consolization, the whole crowd-funding movement, and even existential crises arising from events such as Gamergate. Bearing this in mind, what effect(s) do you think these changes have had on Codex and how do you think Codex has handled them? Do you still consider RPG Codex to be a bastion of truth of some kind or has that, too, changed?

4. There have been some legitimate tragedies Codex has had to face fairly recently, such as the passing away of Suicide Bunny and Corporate Jew Master. Tell us your feelings on these and whether they and other events from Codex' past have shaped its future.

5. What in the hell ever happened to Black Cat and can you get her to come back or not?

6. Give us your own personal view on RPG's and gaming in general. Do you even still play games anymore, and, if so, which ones? Do you own a gaming console? What is your favorite RPG of all time? Inquiring minds want to know.

7. Cleveland Mark Blakemore. Idol and bona fide living fossil or just a man with problems like the rest of us? Have you or would you ever like to meet him? Also, what would you say outside of his bunker in order to convince him to let you in once ITZ comes?

8. Speaking of (in)famous Codex members, tell us who your favorite is, or at least your favorite memory of what he or she did that made you laugh.

9. Share with us some insight into Codex' past that we don't already have. For instance, are there any details of the Mama's Gang takeover and subsequent ousting of Vault Dweller that no one else ever knew? Another example you could elaborate on is exactly what happened with the Australian authorities once they showed up at your door in response to a threat made by Prosper to build a bomb or something like that. The details surrounding these are very hazy and you owe us the truth!

10. Lastly, do you have any regrets about running RPG Codex for this long? Do you feel it has enhanced your life or has it degraded it? If so, why? Discuss!

Thank you for taking the time to indulge us. May your quandongs never grow soft.

He countered:

DarkUnderlord said:
I don't have any quandongs.

This is, obviously, disappointing. If you'd like to see DarkUnderlord reply to these questions like I would, tag him here in a reply.

Until he does so, I (un)officially declare November to be Tag DarkUnderlord Month.

It's still October? So what? We're treating this like they do new car models.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
should I watch The Godfather? or is it a waste of time
No. Part 3 is shit as everyone agrees, but imo 1 and 2 are overrated as fuck, too. Maybe start with the first one and if it hasn't managed to catch you after an hour or so, don't feel bad about quitting early. It doesn't get better.

I recently finished Stephen King's Under The Dome, which was quite good. Opposed to the TV adaption which went from zero to full retard in no time. Are there any other recent Stephen King novels worth reading? How's Cell?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
When they hear Don't poke the bear most people take it as a warning, a few as an instruction manual to take action

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
interview with dork bovinelord as conducted by craspy:

hello daork ovenlord can you tell us about yourself

oi mate i am aoustrolian. i like kangaroos and i live on a farm with tarantulas. i pay 80 dollars for used playstation games.​

what is your favorite game, drunk boverlard

oi mate my favorite game is the only i only had to pay 60 dollars for, it was a 80% off sale. the game was pony princess magic​

what is your vfavorite food, drink urinelord

oi mate my favorite food is kangaroo meat​

what do you listen to, dork borkenlord

oi mate i listen to the mating sounds of koala bears​

whjat do you drive, dark darklord

oi mate i drive a raft down the river​

community question: how tall are you dark moverlord

oi mate i am three meters tall​

community question: what is an rpg

oi mate thats a real funny question. i use rpgs to clear farmland from invading roos​

Educated
Why is he so inactive here? He's the only one from the administration that I don't see in General RPG forum I think

PrettyDeadman

The jews taking over rpgcodex is a scary prospect.
I think DarkUnderlord should adress this issue ASAP (or maybe it is the reason why he refused to answer any questions at all?).

Last edited by a moderator:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If police showed up on your door, how many seconds would you hesitate before throwing the entire Codex under the bus?

Do you wear this hat on a daily basis?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why is he so inactive here? He's the only one from the administration that I don't see in General RPG forum I think

As the former site owner of a website and forums with traffic levels similar to the RPG Codex, I can tell you exactly why:

After at most 4-5 years, you stop giving a damn about anything at all, except for dreaming up ways to troll the userbase by messing around with the forum software control panel.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Does there ever comes a point when you say fuck it and just give it up?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom