Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So, about that quest in front of the Fort:
Is there any way to prevent all those poor bastards from dying?
I was supposed to get them some help to guard the place, but even when I get them 4 people as backup they all die in the battle against the gazillions of big monsters (don't know their name, they look a bit like giant dark spider/minecrawler - breed) that spawn as soon as I got the help.
Oh, so that was a quest? When I came to the fort the guards were already under attack, and my first dialogue with one of the was basically "Bernard is dead", even though I never met someone named Bernard. Only later did I see that some of the guards were named and that Bernard or whatever was one of the ones that bit it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How's exploration and verticality if one were to avoid using the jetpack, by the way?
I dunno, I started using a cheat for infinite jetpack and the game actually improved considerably.

Edit: The amount of decline votes is funny, because I'm in total incline because my jetpack is infinite. :smug:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah, this game is in desperate, desperate need of a manual tbh, or at least some sort of fucking quick reference sheet.

Figuring everything out yourself is lovably oldschool mayhap, but if you have to figure out your own damn hp growth or that rmb + lmb = riposte, then there's something very ronk afoot.

Elex

Arbiter
Yeah, this game is in desperate, desperate need of a manual tbh, or at least some sort of fucking quick reference sheet.

Figuring everything out yourself is lovably oldschool mayhap, but if you have to figure out your own damn hp growth or that rmb + lmb = riposte, then there's something very ronk afoot.
or useful loading tips like "if an enemy is too hard to kill remember you have a fucking jetpack"

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
While I love Elex, they should learn from these guys how to make Arpg combat

Maybe for Elex 2? Basicaly the characters auto attacks without you touching anything (like it should be in rpg) and then you perform combos, much better Arpg combat then what is in Elex.

Oh eww no, blech, yuck, no. That's MMO combat. Not action-RPG.

PB should learn from From Software, Capcom (Dragon's Dogma), or Platinum Games.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, I like how different human enemies have different combat AIs. When I first discovered that the key to melee vs hermans is clobbering them while they parry like tards and deplete their stamina, I feared that was the ultimate in elex melee tictacs, but then it turns out that some don't parry at all just so that they may react with a combo of their own immediately once you are done (albs), or they save up stamina for ripostes (superbandits), or the combination of both (various muties).

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Just found the last of the pictures and went into the bunker below the volcano. Is it just me or do the clerics seem to be a
rip-off of the mad monks? Both their gods are some giant rocket that doesn't work anymore and just sits in its silo collecting dust, and while one of them worships radiation, the other worships technology. Seems kind of cheap.

jungl

Augur
lol even with its mmo combat xenoblade chronicles 1 had more action based and thinking involved in its boss fights then anything piranha bytes has done. They should honestly retire from the game industry. Gating armor behind factions is the worst design decision ever in this game. Your dude the greatest alb commander and can't figure out how to swing a wrench or steal armor from a bunch of dorks?

Doktor Best

Arcane
lol even with its mmo combat xenoblade chronicles 1 had more action based and thinking involved in its boss fights then anything piranha bytes has done. They should honestly retire from the game industry. Gating armor behind factions is the worst design decision ever in this game. Your dude the greatest alb commander and can't figure out how to swing a wrench or steal armor from a bunch of dorks?

Reported for retardo harvesting.

Murk

Arcane
I heard companions have different behaviour, and that Ray is for ranged wepon, and engaged in melee very slowly.

Haha, who told you that? All companions have same AI.

Attack from ranged if enemy is far away, when enemy comes close, attack with melee. Doesn't matter if Caja's ranged can destroy enemies, she'll go for her puny melee attack instead of letting me deal with melee.

Ray seems to be the least helpful companion since he only attacks an enemy if I hit them, regardless of the fact that the enemy is aggroing me or not. Other Companions will jump right in even without my initiative, as long as the enemy is aggressive and attacking.

All my companions are like that (won't attack until I hit them first; even when I'm being hit.)

So I found Arx, apparently I had seen him before but thought he was an aggro Alb from a distance and so I never went near.

So uhhh

guy wants you to decapitate a bunch of former allies, he then pretends he read their minds and just gives you keypad codes, and later invites you to a fine cannibal dinner. Yeah, this guy's my drummer.

Kitchen Utensil

Na, "Scheißsturm" ist schon richtig. Es heißt auch "Scheißhaufen" (turd), "Scheißhaus" (shitter, crapper) etc.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Na, "Scheißsturm" ist schon richtig. Es heißt auch "Scheißhaufen" (turd), "Scheißhaus" (shitter, crapper) etc.
Kind of, "Scheißsturm" however might lead to the misunderstanding that it's a storm which is shit, while "Scheißesturm" clearly says that it's a storm made of shit.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Considering that shitstorm already got its entry into the Duden years ago, there's no need to translate it at all.

bataille

Arcane
Just found the last of the pictures and went into the bunker below the volcano. Is it just me or do the clerics seem to be a
rip-off of the mad monks? Both their gods are some giant rocket that doesn't work anymore and just sits in its silo collecting dust, and while one of them worships radiation, the other worships technology. Seems kind of cheap.

It's just the "cargo cult" archetype, people come up with these scenarios unwittingly all the time.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
perhaps the patch will make the mechanics more "transparent" (changing the UI to actually say what's going on with attributes or whatever)
Fucking decline!
I hope it would be optional at least.

Scheißsturm would be a literal translation, but becuase of internet Shitstorm is just one more anglicism.
So, your languge dissolving too under pressure of interlingva.

How's exploration and verticality if one were to avoid using the jetpack, by the way?
Good at least in Edan according to reports - roots and all that.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
use fucking spoilrs.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Is Ulbricht supposed to
die in the fight for the Alb converter in Ignadon? I could choose to have him fight with my group or the main group, but with both he always died instantly. Couldn't even last the first fight, pussy.

Xeon

Augur
I kinda agree about the the better armors being restricted only to after joining a faction being dumb. If I can modify an armor or if the faction armor have a perk of their own or something then I can understand it being restricted but AFAIK its only visual differences for faction armor differences.

I also killed several people of different factions and really irritates me that I can't loot their armor, I can just pretend I am from their faction or something like in Fallout maybe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom