Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
it looks like the performance will be the same irredeemable pile of trash.

Played PoE on laptop then on desktop with no perf. issues. Haven't tried it on a potato tho.

I 7 - Geforce 1070, game runs like crap in white march.

If it doesn't run well on a 1070, there is compatibility issues rather than perf. issues. 1070 came out after PoE so, complain to nvidia about their drivers :D I'm sure it runs better on older nvidia cards and next time buy an AMD, better price/perf and doesn't have much software problems anymore :P
I bet the game 2d engine does not use gpu at all, so it is irrilevant

Also, many had same drops on WM, so...

Also again, every other game with better graphics runs perfectly, nvidia is good
you'e correct
unity is a piece of shit when it comes to using GPU and distributing load on the CPU efficiently. The guys who disagreed with you are retards.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm pretty sure we were disagreeing with this part:

I bet the game 2d engine does not use gpu at all, so it is irrilevant

(Reminder of how the "2D engine" actually works: https://youtu.be/oiep0wYfQPQ?t=40)
He might have been talking about Unity 4, which is PoE1's engine. And the devs themselves have said that that "engine", if you can even call that mobile piece of garbage that, completely shits itself drawing many 3D models. And, just as Mazisky said, PoE1's Unity 4 pretty much ignores your GPU at all times. That's the watermark of a mobile piece of trash.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I also have a 1070 and haven't run into any issues with performance. Will be starting my pre-POE2 playthrough once the DLC hits later this month and keep an eye out for anything I missed previously.

Mazisky

Magister
I also have a 1070 and haven't run into any issues with performance. Will be starting my pre-POE2 playthrough once the DLC hits later this month and keep an eye out for anything I missed previously.

The most noticeable point is just at the start of expansion area (white March under Ogre attack).

Let us know

Fry

Arcane
You can easily see for yourself exactly how much GPU it's using... https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

I haven't looked in awhile, but my recollection is it was putting at least a 50% load on my 1070. It definitely drops frames like a motherfucker when a lot of spell FX are going off, but I'm not personally bothered by it. It's not the kind of game where FPS matters.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
It's not the kind of game where FPS matters

This reminds me of some guy complaining in the PoE subreddit that the game wasn't running at 60FPS and that it was therefore unplayable.

Mazisky

Magister
Game is perfectly enjoyable even with fps drops but it doesn't cancel the fact that poor optimization is always a bad thing that only retards can justify.

Sentinel

Arcane
I can stand some FPS drops if your game has some impressive technology. But FPS drops when your game has 3D models straight out of 2004 make me somewhat upset.

Jinn

Arcane
Really hoping they manage to fix the FPS issues in Deadfire. While it didn't bother me all that much, it's still a little ridiculous that a game like this should be dropping frames on a 1070.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The first thing I notice is that they are copying the same text just for a pronoun change. Seems inefficient, but I have no idea if it can be done better.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That Eder portrait really is bad.

You could try telling that to the Master of Balance.

Master of balance confirmed LGBT relationships/romance in deadfire on his twitter ...

days-without-1-jewish-tricks-no-days-without-jewish-tricks-21703920.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom