Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

High IQ Games

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Lately I've noticed a lot of low IQ posters on this website. I decided to compile a list of games which objectively require a high IQ in order to play. This way whenever people complain about any of these games being "stressful," "unfair," "tedious," "broken," etc. we can easily identify said person as a low IQ brainlet.

In no specific order:
11: Nier
10: STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
9: Thief Gold (Bonus IQ point if you appreciate the superior pacing of Thief: The Dark Project without the missions added in Gold.)
8: Deus Ex
7: Demon's Souls, if you don't have a PS3 then Dark Souls will do
6: Siren
5: Fallout 1 (With the time limit.)
4: Pathologic
3: King's Field
2: Gothic
1: Quake (1 and 2, not 3.)

Feel free to propose some other high IQ game candidates.

Tytus

Arcane
Rick and Morty

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Rick and Morty

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Planescape Torment requires a high IQ

high Wisdom is even more important

Last edited:

Jokzore

Arbiter
Well aren't you a pretentious tit.

In any case your point is made void by including Nier on that list, I mean for god sake its not even a good game let alone a smart one.

p.s. interesting that not a single strategy game has been included on the OP list. I'm pretty sure you're more concerned with seeming/feeling smart than actually putting an effort into something that requires you to think and use your oh so massive intellect.

Last edited:

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Literally anything from Ken Levine, but especially Bioshock Infinite.

What's the average completion time of Bioshock 12-16 hours? A Study show that after a while of doing the same task over and over again your brain activity moves from the frontal lobe to other places and then lowers dramatically because it becomes trivial. So shouldn't be a high IQ game one that not only is hard to get into but has new and core-evolving mechanics inroduced in a evenly paced manner?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom